DCS Transport Aircraft (Tactical)

Focha

Oh Sharpe....

:doh:

I've made a list, not with the objective to have all the aircraft listed there. Just to point out a few by order of my preference. It doesn't mean that people would like to see that on DCS.

The list could be easily reduced to the following:

- Grumman C-2 Greyhound (A variant);

- The Mighty Lockheed C-130 (H variant);

- Alenia C-27J Spartan (J or A variant);

- Transall C-160 (D version);

- Fairchild C-123 Provider (K variant);

- Antonov An-12 Cub (A variant);

- Antonov An-26 Curl (A variant).

Or even more:

- Grumman C-2 Greyhound (A variant);

- The Mighty Lockheed C-130 (H variant);

- Antonov An-12 Cub (A variant).

And more: MC-130.

${1}

Edited by Focha

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Hard in that it would be difficult to get good arguments to have that kind of aircraft regarding the scale of the world maps in DCS or because the aircraft is still in service and could be difficult to extract data.

I missed An-12, I've added it. Thank you.

Fortunately the C-141 has been out of service for years. It is more a strategic lifter, though - not really much call for those with our map size. I'd probably only buy something like that out of curiosity if it was on sale - a proper tactical lifter with some rough field enhancements I'd get because it sounds like something fun new to do.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

I think the E-2 Hawkeye would be an excellent addition. Throw in the ability to man radar on the a/c (remove the ingame AWACS) and suddenly there's a real need for this in MP.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I like the idea of a C-130 and a C-2. They would add a whole new dimension to mission dynamics. Plus, each could have a shared cockpit where a copilot slot could be added for multiplayer. Carrier trapping in the C-2 with a buddy copilot would be beyond anything we are doing now other than riding backseat in the F-14B.

Skyspin

This is exactly why a C-2 Greyhound would be so useful and fun for short to medium range cargo transport runs. This would be a hot seller just because there is nothing else like it in DCS. Everyone one already has plenty of jets but no one has a fun little transport that can do carrier traps with a buddy.

c2agreyhound010618.jpg?itok=09IXfiWb

The question is always how to do multi crew.

With X Plane 11 and the upcoming competition of MSFS 2020. I highly doubt DCS would invest in Planes like E-2, C-130 and C-2. The sales would be low and it would not be worth the development costs of making those multi-crew. On sales POV, X Plane 11 and MSFS 2020 DON'T have combat planes, at least not on combat duty roles. Only extreme purist simmer would buy...

I don't know how they would deal with developing AWACS like E-2 and then multi-crew that along with its radar working. All along with Gunship variants of C-130.

The chance of Transport planes in DCS seems low probability. Sales won't be much for all that tough development and multi-crewing that. Also depends on how many engines the said transport plane has.:noexpression:

DCS would have much more profit with sticking to combat planes, and its already taking 2-3 years for those. This is what X-Plane 11 and MSFS 2020 DON'T have.

Currently, there are only 3 NON combat planes and those aren't complicated planes as they are single crew and mostly trainers with simple engines. Also one of the is FC3 level.

And UH-IH plus Mi-8 is combat/transport helo, can carry COMBAT armament.

Finally, the maps aren't big enough...

Edited by jojyrocks

With X Plane 11 and the upcoming competition of MSFS 2020. I highly doubt DCS would invest in Planes like E-2, C-130 and C-2. The sales would be low and it would not be worth the development costs of making those multi-crew. On sales POV, X Plane 11 and MSFS 2020 DON'T have combat planes, at least not on combat duty roles. Only extreme purist simmer would buy...

I don't know how they would deal with developing AWACS like E-2 and then multi-crew that along with its radar working. All along with Gunship variants of C-130.

The chance of Transport planes in DCS seems low probability. Sales won't be much for all that tough development and multi-crewing that. Also depends on how many engines the said transport plane has.:noexpression:

DCS would have much more profit with sticking to combat planes, and its already taking 2-3 years for those. This is what X-Plane 11 and MSFS 2020 DON'T have.

Currently, there are only 3 NON combat planes and those aren't complicated planes as they are single crew and mostly trainers with simple engines. Also one of the is FC3 level.

And UH-IH plus Mi-8 is combat/transport helo, can carry COMBAT armament.

Finally, the maps aren't big enough...

A while ago Razbam had asked their Facebook followers which non-combat aircraft would everyone be interested in. And the top requested aircraft was the C-130.

Just because a new module is of a fighter jet, that does not necessary mean it will be a sales success. Because there will always be those groups of people that will have a particular preference for a century fighter, Vietnam era, 4th gen or helicopters. But something like a C-2 Greyhound, C-130 or even a Transall C-160 could have the potential to appeal to all those groups just because its so different and it ain't just another fighter jet.

Plus like I had mentioned before there are a fair amount of DCS players that never even fly their fighter jets in combat because all they like to do is just fly around. So something like a medium sized transport aircraft would not only interest them but they might actually be interested in flying cargo missions and even participating online for the first time.

And by the way those other civilian flight simulators you mentioned do not have and will not have a working aircraft carrier to make something like a C-2 Greyhound or E-2 Hawkeye worth it or half as enjoyable.

Edited by Evoman

A while ago Razbam had asked their Facebook followers which non-combat aircraft would everyone be interested in. And the top requested aircraft was the C-130.

Just because a new module is of a fighter jet, that does not necessary mean it will be a sales success. Because there will always be those groups of people that will have a particular preference for a century fighter, Vietnam era, 4th gen or helicopters. But something like a C-2 Greyhound, C-130 or even a Transall C-160 could have the potential to appeal to all those groups just because its so different and it ain't just another fighter jet.

Plus like I had mentioned before there are a fair amount of DCS players that never even fly their fighter jets in combat because all they like to do is just fly around. So something like a medium sized transport aircraft would not only interest them but they might actually be interested in flying cargo missions and even participating online for the first time.

And by the way X-Plane 11 and MSFS 2020 does not have and will not have a working aircraft carrier to make something like a C-2 Greyhound or E-2 Hawkeye worth it or half as enjoyable.

Hmm...I guess we'll see if it even happens. Time will tell.

The smaller transports would definitely find a roll.

SP not so much, but tbh, could be fun anyway, but definitely in MP, provided ED update the Stores system for airports/farps and tie it all together.

Being able to do cargo and paratroop drops would be pretty cool too.

I'd totally buy a C-47/DC-3 regardless though, just for the sake of flying it.

Agreed.

In fact small transports in DCS could create a whole new genre. I read a lot of comparison to the civil sims but I see more advantages in having transports in DCS than the one big disadvantage that smaller areas are.

You don't have threats in civil sims. No SAMs no AAA no fighters. No noflyzones. You don't have tactical needs and missions for the flights from A to B. There are no carrier oops for civil aircraft (I support the wish for a C-2 Greyhound).

And imagine a transport mission within the dynamic campaign.

This could feel very differently compared to the civil sims. A new genre we should have some day (EDIT: ) in DCS World.

Edited by Tom Kazansky

• ED Team

Hi all,

Please try to keep the conversation DCS related,

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I can quite see the case for the C-2, provided the whole cargo part gets a little fleshed out still. Right on its tail would be a Dakota for me, simply because with its long, long, long service life it can be shoe-horned into so many scenarios in some way. A C-130 would be something interesting, but I gather it's a rather complicated one, plus people keep saying that DCS doesn't like modules with more than two engines.

Maybe you could please everyone with and AC-130u? Imagine riding the Howitzer position.

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1

The Greyhound will be my pick and it would be perfect if it comes with Hwakeye variant. A playable AWACS makes the entire A to A more immersive.

btw it`s time for some jap`s warbirds, A6M5 mod52 zero and Ki-84 Hayate/ Ki-43-III Hayabusa.

I am with you on the G-2 Greyhound. Not only would it be a great fun short to medium range transport but it would fit perfectly into DCS current map size and Naval operations. It would also be a good starting point towards the development of the E-2 Hawkeye in the future since they share the same engines and wings.

No war is won with fighter jets alone.

C2%20and%20E2%20on%20flight%20deck%20with%20logo.png

• 1 month later...

Yup. A C-2 would be amazing and would definitely get me more involved in the flying part of the group I am in (as I only have a yoke at the moment). ED may as well take my money now if it is being developed!

• 2 years later...

Sorry folks, but the only fun part the C-2 offers is landing on a carrier.

A Transall would add dirt strips (well, we'd need a potent map for that), tanking (both on- and off-loading gas) and the possibility of a SIGINT variant.

C-160 > C-2.

I'd also like to see an An-24/26 series transport, so the reds get to play, too.

All the proposed modern stuff isn't interesting at all. The C-130J will sufficiently tick that box.

• Like 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

Please for the love of.... the next FF FW Tactrans needs to be Redfor. This is one area (Yes among others) ED needs to do better. An Antonov 12 would just be what the doctor ordered. And with the Chinook inbound, getting a Harke, Hook and/or Halo is absolutely essential for Multiplayer campaign play. "Build them and they will come"👌