What does Sidewinder cage/uncage do?

imacken

And here is where the 'Early, Early Access' Viper causes people to learn bad habits that will eventually be fixed in the DCS module only to have people then complain that its not how it worked before.

See post #1. That’s why I asked the question, to ascertain if it is working correctly!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Which would make it a bug, right?

Well, I'm not sure. Last sentence p137 of ED manual.

I think I'll post a bug on this and see what happens.

There are quite a few other things not right with the sidewinder and it seems quite weird to me that I can't see anyone else posting about them. I'm never sure at these early EA stages whether to post bugs or not on the basis that ED must be aware of them. However, I haven't seen anything about the sidewinder issues so far.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Well, I'm not sure. Last sentence p137 of ED manual.

I think I'll post a bug on this and see what happens.

There are quite a few other things not right with the sidewinder and it seems quite weird to me that I can't see anyone else posting about them. I'm never sure at these early EA stages whether to post bugs or not on the basis that ED must be aware of them. However, I haven't seen anything about the sidewinder issues so far.

It's a bug and it's being corrected. No worries. :thumbup:

It's a bug and it's being corrected. No worries. :thumbup:

How do you know?

Is the manual going to be corrected as well?

Is the non functioning CAGE/UNCAGE button in Bore mode going to be fixed?

The lack of change from growl to high pitched sound in a lot of modes?

Missing DLZ in some modes?

Sidewinder continues to growl when in NAV mode?

How do you know?

Is the manual going to be corrected as well?

Is the non functioning CAGE/UNCAGE button in Bore mode going to be fixed?

The lack of change from growl to high pitched sound in a lot of modes?

Missing DLZ in some modes?

Sidewinder continues to growl when in NAV mode?

someone w/ 3.2k post you'd think by now you may know the game is general is a WIP always. Now the Viper only being less than 1 month, is definitely a WIP. So yes to all questions.

Shame.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

someone w/ 3.2k post you'd think by now you may know the game is general is a WIP always. Now the Viper only being less than 1 month, is definitely a WIP. So yes to all questions.

Shame.

I think you're missing the entire point. Of course it's a WIP, what I am trying ascertain is what is the correct behaviour before reporting any bugs.

During EA in any module, it is not always obvious what is a missing feature, what is a bug, inconsistent behaviour, or non standard behaviour that is relevant to that particular aircraft, or indeed correct behaviour.

Already, as you can see from this thread, that there appears to be a difference of opinion in what is the correct behaviour for the CAGE/UNCAGE button in certain circumstances.

Still, as you seem to know the answers, then perhaps you could inform us what the correct behaviour is.

I think you're missing the entire point. Of course it's a WIP, what I am trying ascertain is what is the correct behaviour before reporting any bugs.

During EA in any module, it is not always obvious what is a missing feature, what is a bug, inconsistent behaviour, or non standard behaviour that is relevant to that particular aircraft, or indeed correct behaviour.

Already, as you can see from this thread, that there appears to be a difference of opinion in what is the correct behaviour for the CAGE/UNCAGE button in certain circumstances.

Still, as you seem to know the answers, then perhaps you could inform us what the correct behaviour is.

I know the correct behavior because I have flown the jet. In real life. Not in a game. The actual aircraft. I know what it's supposed to do. What I am telling you is fact - not opinion. I have told you the answers, and upon reading the behavior, I talked to people at ED and reported the bug. They will fix it.

I know the correct behavior because I have flown the jet. In real life. Not in a game. The actual aircraft. I know what it's supposed to do. What I am telling you is fact - not opinion. I have told you the answers, and upon reading the behavior, I talked to people at ED and reported the bug. They will fix it.

My post wasn't directed at you, but thanks a lot for sharing that.

So, I'm guessing there is no need to post any of the bugs I mentioned then as ED are already aware?

CAGE/UNCAGE slave mode sidewinder while radar is locked on target

Radar:Look here(he says while pointing)

Missile:OK

When you press Uncage:

Radar: Do you see him?

Missile(tone changes pitch):Yes..yes i do

or

Missile(no change in pitch):No, i do not

In other words just because missile is looking where radar is,does not mean it

seas the same thing that radar does.After all it is heat seeker.

:beer:

My post wasn't directed at you, but thanks a lot for sharing that.

So, I'm guessing there is no need to post any of the bugs I mentioned then as ED are already aware?

Awfully pedantic. Your post right above it was directed at me, asking "hOw dO YoU kNoW" so I responded to both. Specifically in the one I quoted where you cited a difference of opinion.

What I am telling you is not an opinion.

Awfully pedantic. Your post right above it was directed at me, asking "hOw dO YoU kNoW" so I responded to both. Specifically in the one I quoted where you cited a difference of opinion.

Ah, the beauty of the Internet!

I was literally just asking a simple question, i.e. ‘how do you know’? Not in the manner you are suggesting at all.

Anyway, I think this conversation is exhausted. Let’s all look forward to the future development of this great module!

Ah, the beauty of the Internet!

I was literally just asking a simple question, i.e. ‘how do you know’? Not in the manner you are suggesting at all.

Anyway, I think this conversation is exhausted. Let’s all look forward to the future development of this great module!

Don't worry about it.Unfortunately,this happens often in written communication.

I don't know why,but people just expect to be offended.

So something that can be read in another way(more positive way) usually isn't.

Edited by Void78

I understand why you were confused, but as someone who wasn't involved in the original conversation, it seems obvious that he was asking how you knew that it was going to be fixed.

You hadn't told him that you reported anything until after this.

Thanks for the concise and direct helpful info Mover! always nice to be able know things are coming, before they even get announced as fixed, but are being addressed about the cage/uncage.

i find it really difficult in the merge to switch between Aim 120/9 having to currently do it on the MFD, i'd presume they just haven't implemented this yet.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

And here is where the 'Early, Early Access' Viper causes people to learn bad habits that will eventually be fixed in the DCS module only to have people then complain that its not how it worked before.

Exactly!!

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb