x52 (non-pro) Profile help

mbott

Looking to see if anyone wants to share their x52 profile with me that they use for the A-10C currently... I have seen a lot of information from several years ago on the forum, and the biggest challenge is that the files I have found on here do not work in the latest version of the game (or so has been my experience).

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi mbott, SzuszuPL

Welcome to the forum.

While it's good to download and take a look at other profiles, which I also have done in the past.

I ended up creating my own setup based on the real controls, look at other profiles and where they are and the controls I have at the time.

I recommend you down load the A10-C guide here and look at the real controls in that guide. Then print out a picture of your controls and write down what you think you want and where....Have a play with it.

7bb3AvOl.jpg

It's important long term to get this right for YOU, as it will become muscle memory. It's difficult for it to become second nature if you keep changing the keys.

Saitek X52 reg / pro Profile Template

Also add one button on the throttle to DCS as a modifier button.

This button will only be a modifier and nothing else now.

When this is held (All the other keys can do something else)

Example

Modifier button (Held) + Joystick button 4

This is where you can add the OTHER things and keep your hands on the stick.

Gear down / up

Auto pilot and switching Alt / heading etc.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Here's mine based on the HOTAS of the A-10C.

It's as close to the real throttle and stick buttons as I could get. About 68 functions covered.

No rotories are used.

I haven't used it for years, but I reinstalled it today, so here it is.

Pinky modifier is required.

Worked well, as I remember.

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Hi mbott, SzuszuPL

Welcome to the forum.

While it's good to download and take a look at other profiles, which I also have done in the past.

I ended up creating my own setup based on the real controls, look at other profiles and where they are and the controls I have at the time.

I recommend you down load the A10-C guide here and look at the real controls in that guide. Then print out a picture of your controls and write down what you think you want and where....Have a play with it.

7bb3AvOl.jpg

It's important long term to get this right for YOU, as it will become muscle memory. It's difficult for it to become second nature if you keep changing the keys.

Saitek X52 reg / pro Profile Template

Also add one button on the throttle to DCS as a modifier button.

This button will only be a modifier and nothing else now.

When this is held (All the other keys can do something else)

Example

Modifier button (Held) + Joystick button 4

This is where you can add the OTHER things and keep your hands on the stick.

Gear down / up

Auto pilot and switching Alt / heading etc.

Thank you very much for the help! I agree with you creating my own is the best way to learn... I was looking for options of how others have done it to get a better feel for how I should go about it... Thanks for the template, that is very helpful... If anyone else wants to share their profile (including the image of the assignments), that would be super awesome, and greatly appreciated.