Huey wish list

ebabil

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to give AI gunners direct fire commands instead of changing the firing mode (hold/return fire/free fire)?

If not, it would be a nice addition!

I'm making a VoiceAttack profile for the Huey, and looping through the firing modes is lame, it would be better if I could order them to shoot or to hold...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Huey Flight Model

Hi. I sure know this will be a downer, but could you please look at the flight model of the Huey. It is so annoying how it likes move around in cirkels all the time. Of cause there is vibrations from engine roters ect. but I am most surtan, that it will be vibrations mostly. No matter if I put setting for vibrations to 0 or 100 %, it will not affect that annoying cirkling around all the time. Behaps you could impliment inside setting an adjustment from 0 to 100 % on that cirkling issue as well.

Sure hope to see this change one day and feel a bit more realistic or simple remove it. I did fly mostly the Huey, but could also emagin it is a issue in you russian helicopter.

Hope to see an update of flightmodel soon or simple a adjustment possible inside setting for those annoying cirkels.....

Good work otherwise. Awesome sounds and a beautifull bird :) Keep up the good work and hope to see more helicopters from you soon :)

Greating Jan Nielsen Denmark.....

Considering that the Huey flight model is probably the most unanimously recognized as realistic in the community (as far as what a decent PC can do), and that's coming from numerous real life helicopter pilots and ex Huey ones, one can only assume one or several of these:

- you've been flying helos on Flight Simulator or Arma3 and as such been completely mislead on how a chopper flies

- you have been flying fixed wing in DCS most of the time and expect a chopper to be as easy to fly as a fixed wing.

- you just starting to learn the Huey and don't have the proper controls to fly this bird

Of course, "one" can be mistaken, apologies in advance if this is not the case.

So you are right, actually no chance at all to see the Hueys FM to be changed (mainly if the purpose is to make it "stop circling all the time" because that would kinda piss off a lot of people here)

If I understand Jan correctly, it is the constant, "circular" oscillation up-down-side-to-side one can observe the nose is doing in forward, stabilized(!) flight (as if the helicopter was pivoted at mass center). Unless a very lightweight helicopter like the R22, one can expect that kind of motion not to be that pronounced as the case in the DCS Huey, both due to mass and directional stabilizers. At least that is my own experience from a rather limited number of flights as passenger in Longranger's and even during my 140h of piloting the R44.

But I have never had the honor of being even close to an operational UH1 of any version to actually know. And I'm rather satisfied with the DCS one myself, even if this oscillation feels rather artificial sometimes.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

The whole oscillation just comes from the semi rigid under slung rotor design. The Bell 206 and OH-58A/C felt about the same when I was learning to fly. Also some of us at BSD got together last year and got to fly in the back of a UH-1H and it felt very similar to in game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you ready to take your chopper flying skills to the next level?

Then check out http://www.blacksharkden.com/ Or visit us on Discord https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z and talk to some of our awesome pilots today.

I think you probably notice it more in game because there is no sense of motion and especially if you are not in VR the view will be looking directly forward making the movement more pronounced check out our video from last year you can see the oscillation in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you ready to take your chopper flying skills to the next level?

Then check out http://www.blacksharkden.com/ Or visit us on Discord https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z and talk to some of our awesome pilots today.

Yep the UH-1 oscillates. Quite wobbly IMHO when compared to more modern helicopters. It was always the more exciting an aircraft to do airborne operations and rappelling operations than others. In comparison the Blackhawk was far more stable in flight and the wobble effect was substantially reduced. I found flying the R-44 even had slightly less of a wobble effect. But then being at the controls always seems to make things easier.

TI-84 graphics calculator (overclocked) 24 KB RAM

Might very well be as you say. After all, real life piloting is a completely different world than siming.

But I still believe that is what he talked about. Let's see if he comes back to clarify.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

My wish list for Huey is not modest. I would like the paint to be matte and worn again, and the stained, scratched and reflective crystals. On the other hand, I would like the infantry to access or leave the helicopter realistically, even to be able to do it one meter off the ground or rappel. The search light and the landing light show an unrealistic beam of light. For everything else, I see this perfect module.

• 2 weeks later...
How about the announced AH-1S? :P

Also want to reiterate this plead:

m60-kpm23.gif

And multicrew ofc. ^^

Now that ED started updating old modules like the A10 or the Ka50, is time to get a update on the Huey as well, specially in the weapons part.

The one above will gave us a proper Slick version If we can fly with doorgunners without current hardpoints, another cool one would be these

souLen0.jpg

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Me if we get an upgrade I would like to see multi crew ability they have it in other two seat aircraft the yac, c-101 and others can load one human in one seat and another human in the other they share control why can’t the huey forget about manning the door gunners until you get the pilots in the same cockpit

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 1 month later...

Given the recent reduction in power of the 7.62 rounds to closer match reality, I feel the UH-1 needs additional historical armaments added to the DCS version.

My (completely reasonable) UH-1 wishlist in order of what I want first:

XM30

An experimental system, the XM30 provided fully flexible mounts using the XM156/M156 universal mounts for two XM140 30mm cannon, with 600 rounds of ammunition per gun.

XM31

Another attempt to up the firepower from existing systems, the XM31 provided two M24A1 20mm cannon in pods fitted to XM156/M156 universal mounts each with 600 rounds of ammunition, and flexible in elevation only.

XM59/M59

A variation on the M23, the XM59/M59 was modified to accept either an XM213/M213 .50 caliber machine gun or an XM175 40mm grenade launcher in addition to being able to mount the M60.

M22 Armament Subsystem technical schematic

XM11, XM22/M22, and the Maxwell System

Both of these armament systems were designed to allow the UH-1 to fire the AGM-22 missile. Sources claim that the XM11 provided an XM70 sight and support racks for 6 missiles, three on each side of the aircraft. However, US Army FM 1-40 says that the XM11 designation was unassigned.

XM5/M5

The XM5/M5 system consists of a nose turret for a single M75 40mm grenade launcher. The mount was fully flexible and controlled by the pilot via a hand controlled sight electronically linked to the turret. The system either provided 150 or 302 rounds of ammunition.

XM9

A variant of the XM6/M6 system, the XM9 substitutes the four M60C 7.62×51mm machine guns with two M75 grenade launchers, one on either side of the aircraft.

The M22 was an improvement providing a more specific sight, the XM58, and using the XM156 universal mount. The M22 also provided for a total of 6 missiles, three on each side of the aircraft. It is important to note as well that the XM11 is associated with the standard SS.11 missiles (AGM-22A), while the XM22/M22 system was designed around the US upgraded AGM-22B missiles.

XM26

With the development of the BGM-71 TOW missile Hughes had been given the contract to develop a launching system for the UH-1. By 1968 development had shifted over to development of a system for the AH-56 helicopter which was eventually canceled. The XM26 provided two 3-Tube launchers on either side of the aircraft, as well as the necessary sighting equipment. While the XM26 was more of a test platform, the two prototypes were deployed operationally as an emergency measure in South Vietnam to counter the Easter Invasion in 1972.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._h...#UH-1_Iroquois

I started this topic almost 7 years ago.

I am suprised people are still making wishes.

although endless chances and variants of huey and 60+ pages wishes, very few of them were made.

And all of them before BST was taken over.

Even a ready to use gps module wasn't implemented. So don't keep your hopes up. I think they are done with this bird.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

GPS is a paid addon and it is optional. So it is up to you wheter using it

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Yes, but it would be nice to see the 3d asset implemented for us vr users who do have the gps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE