LotAtc 4 DCS - 1.0.0 - Page 56 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-20-2019, 03:03 PM   #551
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

Does anyone have a better guide for setting up 1.2.3 on the dedicated server? The instructions on the website are unclear...They seem to be written for versions prior to the dedicated server version. I understand I have to copy the config info from a regular version but I cant event get the server version to load.

Thanks in advance for the help...

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.
Sierra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:52 PM   #552
DArt
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra99 View Post
Does anyone have a better guide for setting up 1.2.3 on the dedicated server? The instructions on the website are unclear...They seem to be written for versions prior to the dedicated server version. I understand I have to copy the config info from a regular version but I cant event get the server version to load.

Thanks in advance for the help...

Instructions can always be better for sure... I do my best even if english is not my first language

LotAtc 2.0 will also be simpler to install for dedicated server, it will be rewritten at this time...

Now, with 1.2.3 you must:
  1. copy Saved Games/DCS/Mods/tech/LotAtc in the dedicated Saved Games
  2. copy Saved Games/DCS/Scripts/Hooks/lotatcGameGUI in the dedicated Saved Games
  3. edit Saved Games/<dedicated>/Config/options.lua to have something like:
Code:
options = {
    ["plugins"] = {
        ["LotAtc"] = {
            ["enable"] = true,
            ["profilefile"] = "realistic.lua",
        },
}

In case of troubles, check dcs.log with https://www.lotatc.com/checklist/server_install.html or send it to me (PM or Discord), I can help you.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:11 PM   #553
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DArt View Post
Instructions can always be better for sure... I do my best even if english is not my first language
Oh my friend...trust me...your English as a second language is FAR better than my French...which mainly consists of Qui Qui!

So if I understand correctly , I can simply run the normal installer then copy the files listed to the appropriate locations in the server folder. Once I edit the Dedicated Server config.lua...I should be good to go.

I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for all you do my friend

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.
Sierra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:43 PM   #554
Gliptal

Would it be possible to add an option to set the type of a contact? In the realistic advanced profile I have to append it manually to its name while the type column remains blank. As a controller I may very well know what some flights type are (through check-ins and briefings for example).
Gliptal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:11 AM   #555
DArt
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliptal View Post
Would it be possible to add an option to set the type of a contact? In the realistic advanced profile I have to append it manually to its name while the type column remains blank. As a controller I may very well know what some flights type are (through check-ins and briefings for example).

It should be possible to make it editable in future
Old 09-23-2019, 08:11 AM   #556
Gliptal

Quote:
It should be possible to make it editable in future
Nice!
Gliptal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:38 PM   #557
pdmarsh

@DArt--I have not been able to install LotATC client on my PC. I keep getting the error seen in the attached image. I turned off my firewall and still can't connect. However, I was able to install the program on another PC on my same network, so I don't think it's related to my router. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	220456  
pdmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:34 AM   #558
DArt
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmarsh View Post
@DArt--I have not been able to install LotATC client on my PC. I keep getting the error seen in the attached image. I turned off my firewall and still can't connect. However, I was able to install the program on another PC on my same network, so I don't think it's related to my router. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi,

I noticed that this happens on some configuration, some antivirus or firewall is blocking the installer to download additional maps... That is annoying but I have not yet a simple solution and not the exact reason...

You can install it with minimal options (only Caucasus) that is not requested any download.
Then, if you need to use PG, Nevada or Normandy maps, just copy from your other install the following directories:

C:\Users\<your user>\LotAtc 4 DCS Data\*.db (this is relief files)
C:\Program Files\LotAtc 4 DCS\maps\PersianGulf (and others needed maps) for map display on client

All this can be downloaded manually also but if they are already on your other computer, it avoid re-download it.

Let's me know if you need more help.
Old 11-03-2019, 11:32 AM   #559
pdmarsh

Quote:
All this can be downloaded manually also but if they are already on your other computer, it avoid re-download it.

Let's me know if you need more help.
@DArt -- Copying the files worked perfectly. Thank you for the help!

Paul
pdmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:05 PM   #560
DArt
3rd Party Developer

Here is the first alpha of LotAtc 2.0.0!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here the post: https://www.lotatc.com/website/2019/...lpha1-out.html
Please read it, there is LOT of news inside....
Reminder: this is an alpha, not stable and must have bugs and instability!!!!
Please provide me feedbacks, it is important to have a stable release!

Tags
lotatc