LotAtc 4 DCS - 1.0.0

Does anyone have a better guide for setting up 1.2.3 on the dedicated server? The instructions on the website are unclear...They seem to be written for versions prior to the dedicated server version. I understand I have to copy the config info from a regular version but I cant event get the server version to load.

Thanks in advance for the help...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Does anyone have a better guide for setting up 1.2.3 on the dedicated server? The instructions on the website are unclear...They seem to be written for versions prior to the dedicated server version. I understand I have to copy the config info from a regular version but I cant event get the server version to load.

Thanks in advance for the help...

Instructions can always be better for sure... I do my best even if english is not my first language ;)

LotAtc 2.0 will also be simpler to install for dedicated server, it will be rewritten at this time...

Now, with 1.2.3 you must:

1. copy Saved Games/DCS/Mods/tech/LotAtc in the dedicated Saved Games
  2. copy Saved Games/DCS/Scripts/Hooks/lotatcGameGUI in the dedicated Saved Games
  3. edit Saved Games/<dedicated>/Config/options.lua to have something like:

options = {
   ["plugins"] = {
       ["LotAtc"] = {
           ["enable"] = true,
           ["profilefile"] = "realistic.lua",
       },
}

In case of troubles, check dcs.log with https://www.lotatc.com/checklist/server_install.html or send it to me (PM or Discord), I can help you.

Instructions can always be better for sure... I do my best even if english is not my first language ;)

Oh my friend...trust me...your English as a second language is FAR better than my French...which mainly consists of Qui Qui! :smilewink:

So if I understand correctly , I can simply run the normal installer then copy the files listed to the appropriate locations in the server folder. Once I edit the Dedicated Server config.lua...I should be good to go.

I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for all you do my friend

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Would it be possible to add an option to set the type of a contact? In the realistic advanced profile I have to append it manually to its name while the type column remains blank. As a controller I may very well know what some flights type are (through check-ins and briefings for example).

Would it be possible to add an option to set the type of a contact? In the realistic advanced profile I have to append it manually to its name while the type column remains blank. As a controller I may very well know what some flights type are (through check-ins and briefings for example).

It should be possible to make it editable in future :)

• 1 month later...

@DArt--I have not been able to install LotATC client on my PC. I keep getting the error seen in the attached image. I turned off my firewall and still can't connect. However, I was able to install the program on another PC on my same network, so I don't think it's related to my router. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Paul

error.jpg.d7ea427cb17f0544193d01966966514a.jpg

@DArt--I have not been able to install LotATC client on my PC. I keep getting the error seen in the attached image. I turned off my firewall and still can't connect. However, I was able to install the program on another PC on my same network, so I don't think it's related to my router. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Paul

Hi,

I noticed that this happens on some configuration, some antivirus or firewall is blocking the installer to download additional maps... That is annoying but I have not yet a simple solution and not the exact reason...:cry:

You can install it with minimal options (only Caucasus) that is not requested any download.

Then, if you need to use PG, Nevada or Normandy maps, just copy from your other install the following directories:

C:\Users\<your user>\LotAtc 4 DCS Data\*.db (this is relief files)

C:\Program Files\LotAtc 4 DCS\maps\PersianGulf (and others needed maps) for map display on client

All this can be downloaded manually also but if they are already on your other computer, it avoid re-download it.

Let's me know if you need more help.

All this can be downloaded manually also but if they are already on your other computer, it avoid re-download it.

Let's me know if you need more help.

@DArt -- Copying the files worked perfectly. Thank you for the help!

Paul

Here is the first alpha of LotAtc 2.0.0!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here the post: https://www.lotatc.com/website/2019/11/06/2.0.0-alpha1-out.html

Please read it, there is LOT of news inside....

Reminder: this is an alpha, not stable and must have bugs and instability!!!!

Please provide me feedbacks, it is important to have a stable release!

Hey Dart, are you aware of an incompatibility between LotAtc 2.0 and Slmod 7.5? When I installed LotAtc, I started getting these errors:

client get's this popup shortly after logging into the server:

Kicked

Slmod: You were not found in internal slmod.clients database, sorry, please reconnect.

this is in the slmod.log

3467.237 SLMOD ERROR: Client 2 was kicked for not existing in slmod.clients database

Now, as soon as I remove LotAtc, slmod started working again. I didn't have this problem with LotAtc v1.2.3. Wondering if you were already aware, or have any insight.

thanks,

Client hangs on startup. Sounds similar to what people were reporting with AMD drivers in the past. Which, I am using AMD GPU.

Tried updating video driver, and modifying graphicsEngine entry in registry to no avail. Any suggestions?

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello , Dart.

Thanks for your work.

I have an issue - LotATC didnt see SRS radio (i have only option is Universal)

is it server-side options or LotATC should see a client if it installed.

Cant find a solution. Tryed on separate computers, so I think there is on server side. Probably i should open some additional ports etc...

• 2 weeks later...

is the send BRAA to player option broken at the moment? Several of us tried to fiddle with the options, but none of our players got an update anywhere on the screen or chat from Lotatc about the BRAA information, We tried at the default of 10 seconds, but it's not functioning for us.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]