VP-Airfield Equipment 0.8.2 beta

I might have something for you guys.

I'm working on a "Nellis/Airbase reality pack" with a bunch of new Buildings, fences, walls, towers, Gates and more.

I try to make this pack official. Long story shoort, I've updated the existing light towers with real light that reflects on all Objects

The update is just 5kb for each lightning tower and the "object/light" can be used inside the ME

Check it:

j2436rqs.jpg

fl4getft.jpg

If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.

I might have something for you guys.

I'm working on a "Nellis/Airbase reality pack" with a bunch of new Buildings, fences, walls, towers, Gates and more.

I try to make this pack official. Long story shoort, I've updated the existing light towers with real light that reflects on all Objects

The update is just 5kb for each lightning tower and the "object/light" can be used inside the ME

Check it:

j2436rqs.jpg

fl4getft.jpg

Hi,

i´m eager to check your mod. Hope you can release it soon!

Thank you in advance,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I do not know why the lighting does not work in static objects, but I will try to figure it out. I will change the intensity of the lighting, as well as fix some shaders.

That would be excellent ... I was worried that changing the objects from Static into Fortifications would have a performance impact on the Sim, but it seems to be very minor as I dont notice any performance drop, even with a lot of objects:

lNzhBJg.jpg

Maybe I got used to it, but the light intensity of your Mod's object is pretty good (in my opinion), but a bit more intensity would blend better with the existing DCS objects (like the control tower lights on the above screenshot.

... Long story shoort, I've updated the existing light towers with real light that reflects on all Objects ... The update is just 5kb for each lightning tower and the "object/light" can be used inside the ME

I cant see the images on my browser (google chrome), but I do hope that you are modding the existing DCS light towers and not the Light towers that Voc made .. please clarify :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Lets try again, yes I've updated the existing Towers, you simply need to place that "Object" right on top of the Lightning tower, using the Sattelite map inside the ME

That looks real nice .. I got confused since you posted this on the thread of the VP-mod :)

Will give it a try when you get it released. Cheers.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

@voc not yet, it's barely visible in the daytime tho. But the lights on my new static objects do work with the day and night light cycle.

There're 3 things you can do in 3DS when it comes to DCS lights. Self illuminating texture, "shining" Omni or Spotlight that reflects on all objects, and Fake light Tga file.. and something that i don't know yet. I've created 4 Spotlights as an object that you can place whereever you want in DCS for the existing Nevada lightning towers, this object is at the same height as the lamps on the existing towers. I've also created one new Tower, more soon in a new thread:book:

If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.

Just a quick heads up/query to anyone else...

I'm getting an IC failure for the following when trying to join any MP server with pure client enforced:

textures/su-27_detail @ c:/users/XXX/saved games/dcs.openbeta/mods/tech/vpc airfield equipment v0.94 beta/textures/vpctextures.zip

Just me or is anyone else getting the same?

EDIT: Apologies, please disregard...Just scanned the whole thread and found that the mod is not advertised or supposed to pass IC. removed the offending texture and all is good.

Edited by Fubarbrickdust

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

Hi everybody

I'm coming back from a little travel and the good new: The issue with some items of the VPC Airfield equipment has been fixed by VOC.

Big Thanks to you VOC but I still have the issue with the VP-Men ( check, idle...)

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

jef32

I was the same, but I solved it.

In addition to the "main" folder, there are "VP-MANxxx" edm files, so replace them with new ones.

For example, search for "VP-MAN_1_Idle.edm" in the "Tech" folder.

Make all displayed "VP-MAN_1_Idle.edm" files new. Overwriting is fine.

jef32

I was the same, but I solved it.

In addition to the "main" folder, there are "VP-MANxxx" edm files, so replace them with new ones.

For example, search for "VP-MAN_1_Idle.edm" in the "Tech" folder.

Make all displayed "VP-MAN_1_Idle.edm" files new. Overwriting is fine.

Thanks for the help but I don't understand what you mean.

I've already overwriten the VP-men edm files in main\shapes\.

I havn't a VP-MAN forlder in tech\ in addition to the "main" folder.

Thanks !

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

There are also VP-MAN edm files in Mod folders other than main.

Find and replace these.

In my case, I updated the VP-MAN.edm files in 4 folders.

And it was necessary to update VP-MAN.edm files in all folders.

1. Mods/tech/main/Shapes

2. Mods/tech/natoGF/Shapes

3. Mods/tech/HMS_VICTORIOUS/Shapes

4. Mods/tech/CV6_Enterprise/Shapes

Depending on the mod you have, the number of folders will vary.

Eagle01, in fact it's very strange. When I've put the VP-men in natoGF, all became quite normal. So: Thanks to you !

The only issue I have: If I use the VPC-Airfield-equipment in a mission, I havn't the cockpit shadows anymore in some modules ( L39, Yak 52). It's quite strange.

jef32

It was good to be helpful and I'm sorry, I can't answer about the problem of shadow because I don't have “L39, Yak52”.

But... it's strange. There is no problem when use VPC-Airfield-equipment with the modules I have (F18, F14 and FC3).

• 1 month later...
Do you others have the NATO light towers working after the update to DCS 2.5.5? Mine wont turn on at night

They do work, but not if you place them as static structures ... place them as Ground Fortifications, then they will light from 20 pm to 6 am :)

Thank you, I will give that a try! Would never had thought of that myself

Neither would I .. this solution was first shown by @suntsag: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3963673&postcount=323 :)

• 3 weeks later...

hello people, I downloaded the latest version of VP-Airfield Equipment from the site, but in MP I do not pass the integrity and some objects in the mission editor are not seen, black screen in the preview.

Ideas?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU i7 7700K@4.5ghz * COOLER ARCTIC Freezer 13 CO * MB MSI Z270 Gaming M3 * RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4-2400 DDR4 2400MHz * GPU Zotac GTX 1070Ti mini * SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB for S.O. * SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB for DCS * HDD 1TB WD Blue x2 * PSU Corsair CX650M * SO Windows 10 pro 64bit * TrackIR 5 * Saiteck x52 Pro

hello people, I downloaded the latest version of VP-Airfield Equipment from the site, but in MP I do not pass the integrity and some objects in the mission editor are not seen, black screen in the preview.

Ideas?

Regarding the objects that show up black on the preview, the Mod's author has issued a patch here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3959911&postcount=275

Regarding the Integrity Check, this Mod doesnt pass because it includes modified textures with the same names as some of DCS base textures .. the Mod's author has stated that he will rename those the next time he updates the Mod (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3960028&postcount=281)

For now, the only way to use the Mod on a MP mission is to have the Server configured to not require pure clients ... this is feasible on private servers, where you play with known people who wouldnt use this to cheat :)

Best regards and kudos once again to @voc :)

Eduardo

• 2 months later...
Rudel_chw The download from the site will be updated later when I correct the Integrity Check for multiplayer.

Dear @voc,

Just a short post, to remind you not to forget the fixing of the IC for your VPC Mod .. it would go a long way towards widening the appeal of your Mod for users that do a lot of multiplayer.

Thanks a lot and wish you the best,

Eduardo

• 3 months later...
They do work, but not if you place them as static structures ... place them as Ground Fortifications, then they will light from 20 pm to 6 am :)

After downloading .6, it seems the Nato Light Towers don`t work anymore.

They used to light up at 8 pm, but they don`t anymore

What shame, I ued them a lot. Let`s hope

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet