Generator CB tripping - Solution - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-26-2019, 01:27 AM   #11
Nealius
Veteran

At what RPM do you find the CB to be tripping? I had it trip and refuse to come back on while cruising.

ASUS Z170 | i5-7600 | RTX2070 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10
Nealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:55 AM   #12
Sydy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealius View Post
At what RPM do you find the CB to be tripping? I had it trip and refuse to come back on while cruising.
It was in idle, but happened only once.
Sydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 03:53 AM   #13
default762792

I can confirm that these techniques work. I did a by-the-book startup, armed both gun systems on the ground and turned master arm off, took off at full throttle with manual propeller pitch set at 12:00, successfully raised the gear below 250 km/h keeping the stick steady, raised the flaps, and engaged the governor automation. I believe the generator CB popped out once, either during my takeoff and climb or after I re-engaged master arm on the way to the target, but after I pushed it back in, everything pretty much worked fine otherwise.

I have a feeling this is going to be a really great module when it is more complete and bug-free. It's already a lot of fun. The virtual cockpit and exterior model are marvelous (excessive green windscreen tint notwithstanding) and it looks like it will be a pretty deep simulation of the aircraft when developed further.
default762792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:58 AM   #14
default762792

...or not, at least regarding dealing with the generator CB. I just repeated the same SP mission, being even more by-the-book, and it would just not stay in. I had to press it 10 or 20 times, and the engine failed as I approached the airfield.
default762792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:48 PM   #15
LeCuvier

There seems to be instability built in by the programmer. The work-around works most of the time but not always. Maybe the programmer simulated a plane that was sabotaged (which was actually a real problem which cost many pilots' lives).
The other thing is that sometimes the CB for the Gear Drive (Fahrwerksantrieb) pops out and sometimes I had to push it back in multiple times. I've actually bound the CB's for battery, generator and gear drive to switches on my game controllers to get them back in without jerky movements.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 01:33 PM   #16
rogonaut

the only cb´s im leaving off on start up are panel lights and nav lights. after running at 1200 rpm i can switch everything else on (before mentioned and the weapons, one after the other).

no problems with any cb popping afterwoods.

i like that the gear retraction is more sensitiv.
rogonaut is offline   Reply With Quote