NVidia 436.02 driver update

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

Just tried them out on my GTX 1080, all fine so far - adds new option 'low latency' mode in the NV control panel (basically max prerendered frames)

P.S: heads up : this driver installs Geforce Experience even if you uncheck it, you can remove the software after it's installed however through add/remove programs in Windows.

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

You guys do know that NV-cpanel is only available via Windows Store then, it is NOT included in this driver and thus you wont be able to launch what hasnt been installed 1st place.

I am gonna sit & wait, this GFE thing is not my thing, it breaks my Sleep Mode if installed as long as the TM WH Throttle is attached ( known bug between MS + Nvidia, not a TM issue btw. ) and I dont want to deinstall what I didnt want anyway.

Time for AMD to deliver the real deal GPU, Nvidia sucks.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Same here in Germany. On the German Nvidia website the Nvidia search finds this driver and says it´s available. But when u click "download now" the 404 page pops up.

Maybe server overload or they figured out the driver contains a critical error, so they removed it again...!?

Update: Now the website says under "File size": Temporarilly unavailable

Edited by glycbz

You guys do know that NV-cpanel is only available via Windows Store then, it is NOT included in this driver and thus you wont be able to launch what hasnt been installed 1st place.

I am gonna sit & wait, this GFE thing is not my thing, it breaks my Sleep Mode if installed as long as the TM WH Throttle is attached ( known bug between MS + Nvidia, not a TM issue btw. ) and I dont want to deinstall what I didnt want anyway.

Time for AMD to deliver the real deal GPU, Nvidia sucks.

It's only the DCH set that needs the Windows Store, the normal WHQL game ready drivers do not require this (I have Windows Store disabled and NVCP works fine) here's an example

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/gamescom-game-ready-driver-436-02-download-discussion.428136/page-4#post-5702078

Same here in Germany. On the German Nvidia website the Nvidia search finds this driver and says it´s available. But when u click "download now" the 404 page pops up.

Maybe server overload or they figured out the driver contains a critical error, so they removed it again...!?

Update: Now the website says under "File size": Temporarilly unavailable

Seems that nVidia are busy fixing the GFE install bug

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/gamescom-game-ready-driver-436-02-download-discussion.428136/page-7#post-5702231

Well the low latency mode sounds quite promising for VR at least. And the shaperning filter as well.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Sharpening filter works only with specific games, not sure if it will work with DCS. Though yes, it would be neat thing.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

It's only the DCH set that needs the Windows Store, the normal WHQL game ready drivers do not require this (I have Windows Store disabled and NVCP works fine) here's an example

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/gamescom-game-ready-driver-436-02-download-discussion.428136/page-4#post-5702078

sure sure :pilotfly:

Asus sound drivers work the same way for a while now, their Realtek Audio cpanel comes via Windows Store, so do these Sonic Audio Apps.

I like the standard ones better, ask me why :D

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

is the 436.02 driver really inrease performance? as a gtx 980 user, I am afraid to install newest drivers because of the performance lost.

I am still on 385.69, it works well on my system but that 436.02 thing mixed my mind. is it worth to install?

thank you

Anyone has tried sharpening filter? in other II WW sim (remember 16 rule...) the effect of sharpening is stunning, superb clarity, specially in VR. I would like to have the same in DCS...

Edited by Gryzor

is the 436.02 driver really increase performance?

My over the years expertise says that once they bring a new card out (2000 series this time) there's nothing to gain anymore with new drivers for older cards. Except for a new game maybe or those that are on nVidia's focus list on which DCS is certainly not on.

So if you're happy with your old driver, stick with it.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Anyone have any experience with these drivers?

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone have any experience with these drivers?

Installed them a few days ago...haven’t noticed any real change in performance either good or bad, at least on my system. I’ve even tried setting the new Low Latency Mode (to the “Ultra” setting) and leaving it at “Off” and noticed no real difference in perf in VR either way.

As mentioned above the new Sharpening filter only applies to games on the nVidia Freestyle compatability list.... and DCS ain’t on that list... :/

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

• 2 months later...

How should I keep the LOW LATENCY MODE ?

Off / On or Ultra ?

I have a 4k@60Hz display ( Samsung TV )

vSync - On

Thanks

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

How should I keep the LOW LATENCY MODE ?

Off / On or Ultra ?

I have a 4k@60Hz display ( Samsung TV )

vSync - On

Thanks

Give it a go tho and see if it helps. You need to be above 60 fps.

Its' the old pre rendered frames setting.

NVIDIA

“Low Latency modes have the most impact when your game is GPU bound, and framerates are between 60 and 100 FPS, enabling you to get the responsiveness of high-framerate gaming without having to decrease graphical fidelity. “

In other words, if a game is CPU bound (limited by your CPU resources instead of your GPU) or you have very high or very low FPS, this won’t help too much. https://www.howtogeek.com/437761/how-to-enable-ultra-low-latency-mode-for-nvidia-graphics/

Quote how to geek

":With the default settings of “Off,” the game’s engine will queue one to three frames at a time. The “On” setting will force the game to only queue a single frame, which is the same as setting Max_Prerendered_Frames to 1 in older NVIDIA drivers. The Ultra setting submits the frame “just in time” for the GPU to pick it up—there will be no frame sitting in the queue and waiting."

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Thanks David

By the way, nVidia should add DITHERING option in NCP

I'm afraid, this would never happen

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5