PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

So everyone here knows how helpful FireCat is to us all in keeping a proper que for PointCTRL. I am a bit of a nutty professor and would have not had the patience or time to maintain this critical list. On his own, he saw a problem arising and quickly implemented a solution. I am sure he has spent countless hours maintaining the list.

I guess he felt his huge contribution helping me and the community was not enough, and he informed me to be on the lookout for a package from Germany.

I am not comfortable accepting gifts to begin with, tonight I see a box from Germany. I am thinking by the size and weight of the box, and my somewhat known taste for the beverages, I thought, wow, I bet this is a beer stein from Germany.

Well, it's certainly wasn't a German Beer Stein!!!!!!

While I want to be upset with FireCat, I cant help feeling overwhelmed by his thoughtfulness and generosity.

Thank you Sir, I wish you hadn't, but Thank you,

Your friend across the pond,

Miles

FireCats_Gift.thumb.jpg.265cb0893cff7b25a68b658f177159bf.jpg

Edited by MilesD

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Wow, that’s awesome Miles. Enjoy it, it feels awesome. I’ve been wanting it for 20 years (I loved the Suncom stick).

I saw you are making more per batch. Does that mean you’ll serve more than 10 at a time? (I’m #79).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

So everyone here knows how helpful FireCat is to us all in keeping a proper que for PointCTRL. I am a bit of a nutty professor and would have not had the patience or time to maintain this critical list. On his own, he saw a problem arising and quickly implemented a solution. I am sure he has spent countless hours maintaining the list.

I guess he felt his huge contribution helping me and the community was not enough, and he informed me to be on the lookout for a package from Germany.

I am not comfortable accepting gifts to begin with, tonight I see a box from Germany. I am thinking by the size and weight of the box, and my somewhat known taste for the beverages, I thought, wow, I bet this is a beer stein from Germany.

While I want to be upset with FireCat, I cant help feeling overwhelmed by his thoughtfulness and generosity.

Miles

Now that's a nice gift! Congrats Miles!

As for Roque's question, I was wondering the exact same thing. Although I'm patiently waiting my turn, a rollout batch increase would make my day :D

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Miles

A German Beer Stein?:drink: If I'd have known you were that cheap a date.:megalol:

For all the time you have put into developing PointCTRL, writing and rewriting software, being there for the community to answer their questions and help solve their problems this is a gift you deserve and I think I can happily say its not just from me but, in thought, from the whole community as I am sure they feel as I do with your persistence and ongoing dedication with your PointCTRL project.

Thank you for your kind words re my help, I just chipped in, in the true community spirit that we have here. I am sure any member here would have started it sooner or later.

I hope. No, the community hopes you have many happy immersive hours flying the F18 even though you are mostly a Helo guy. Please don't be upset with me as to me there is as much pleasure in giving as receiving and you Miles have given plenty to the community.

Your friend on the other side of the pond,

A German Beer Stein?:drink: If I'd have known you were that cheap a date.:megalol:

For all the time you have put into developing PointCTRL, writing and rewriting software, being there for the community to answer their questions and help solve their problems this is a gift you deserve and I think I can happily say its not just from me but, in thought, from the whole community as I am sure they feel as I do with your persistence and ongoing dedication with your PointCTRL project.

Thank you for your kind words re my help, I just chipped in, in the true community spirit that we have here. I am sure any member here would have started it sooner or later.

I hope. No, the community hopes you have many happy immersive hours flying the F18 even though you are mostly a Helo guy. Please don't be upset with me as to me there is as much pleasure in giving as receiving and you Miles have given plenty to the community.

Your friend on the other side of the pond,

Well Said Firecat!

Enjoy the stick Miles! You certainly deserve it for all the work you’ve done to develop PointCTRL. :thumbup:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Thank you Firecat.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Awesome, thanks Firecat, no one deserves it more.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

Chaps,

The manure hit the air conditioning unit today for me so I don’t think I’m going to be able to get to setting up the discord for another couple of days. But I shall definitely have it done by the end of the week!

Cheers!

D

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Chaps,

The manure hit the air conditioning unit today for me so I don’t think I’m going to be able to get to setting up the discord for another couple of days. But I shall definitely have it done by the end of the week!

Cheers!

D

No rush, I am buried in production anyway. Thanks for doing this,

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

No rush, I am buried in production anyway. Thanks for doing this,

Miles

I hope that when you setup Discord it does not start to take your time away from production and development of software as everyone is then PM'ing to you and waiting responses. I am sure that none of us wants you to overburden yourself with all tasks you are doing. There are actual companies with different roles for what you are doing now pretty much alone :)

I hope that when you setup Discord it does not start to take your time away from production and development of software as everyone is then PM'ing to you and waiting responses. I am sure that none of us wants you to overburden yourself with all tasks you are doing. There are actual companies with different roles for what you are doing now pretty much alone :)

Yea, I am supposed to be retired, and this was supposed to be a hobby. But to be honest I am really enjoying this.

I think I enjoy assisting people getting their PointCTRL up and running the most. Its also a great feeling knowing that people are enjoying their recreational time in DCS more. And the way things are looking, I think I will cover my initial investment, and may actually make a few dollars to help pay for the kids college.

Every week I automate more task, which again is part of the enjoyment for me. One of the reasons FireCats list seems to be slowing down is that more and more people from previous groups are ordering, and the number of people ordering from the current "Now Serving" group is increasing.

Speaking of FireCats List, Now Serving 61 thru 70

Thanks for joining the conversation Rymy,

Miles

Edited by MilesD

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Miles has responded, but I thought I would add in my 2 cents worth. I don't think that setting up or managing the site will detract Miles from production or firmware improvements. Deano87 and myself have volunteered to help at least to get it started. Yes there will be questions asked on it, but hopefully as here, the community will pitch in and answer when they can.

I also think that it will help to make problem solving and communication easier. Got a problem with first time calibration? Jump on and ask. If I am on, I would be more than willing to jump on Discord comns and talk you through the process. Anyway, my experience with discord is that it can make communication easier and you can get input from multiple people.

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

Love using these, still getting a little jitter in them that I'd love to resolve. Wondering if my monitors are having an impact on the camera...

Also, anyone figure out a way to do the FCS Bit test in the Hornet with these? I totally get why it doesn't work, but would love to be able to do it.

Oh, and Miles. If your son needs help with mobile menu CSS for the website, let me know. Front End Development is my dayjob, so very familiar with coding responsive menus for websites.

Edited by A2597

How does a real pilot do it? It looks rather awkward to me. Currently I map the right DDI button 4 (?) and Y on keyboard. I'll maybe just assign them to Vaicom until these bad boys arrive in the next few days :D

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

How does a real pilot do it? It looks rather awkward to me. Currently I map the right DDI button 4 (?) and Y on keyboard. I'll maybe just assign them to Vaicom until these bad boys arrive in the next few days :D

I have just moved from the warthog to a virpil throttle but on both, I mapped the Y to a press/release button on the throttle (press and hold) then click the Bits right DDI (4) with the right FCU PointCTRL before that I just clicked it with the mouse.

I don't know how the real deal does it but I would imagine left across to the right-side panel (Y) and right hand to the DDI button. Just a thought.

Edited by FireCat
spelling

Yeah, I thought as much. Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Update: A Big Thank You to AKA Clutter and Deano87 for setting up and administrating a PointCTRL Discord for us. It should be live soon. I think it will be a great repository for information, and as Clutter said, helping each other.

Thanks Again Guys,

I am trying to streamline the production, testing, and shipping process. I was shipping the orders as they came in. I think Carol and I can work much more efficiently if we ship once a week in batches.

Here is the tentative cycle of operation (not the 8 steps of the cycle of operation your thinking of RatCatcher)

1) Thursday (2000 Zulu, +-5 hours) - Announce the Now Serving numbers

2) Tuesday (2000 Zulu, +-5 hours) - Send out all invoices for received emailed orders.

3) Thursday (1700 Zulu +-5 hours ) - Print postage for payments received. Prepare and box

PointCTRL Kits, followed by step 1 for next weeks orders

4) Friday (1300 Zulu +- 4 hours) - Deliver orders to U.S. Post Office

And since its Thursday, Now Serving 71 thru 80

Feedback welcome, Thanks

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

[HomerSimpson]WOOHOO!!![/HomerSimpson]

PM sent.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Miles,

You had mentioned earlier that you were going to increase batch sizes and I was wondering with the schedule you laid out above if we should use a constant batch size of 10 to calculate the time for our order to hit the now serving phase or will the 10 increase?

Thanks

Terry

Miles,

You had mentioned earlier that you were going to increase batch sizes and I was wondering with the schedule you laid out above if we should use a constant batch size of 10 to calculate the time for our order to hit the now serving phase or will the 10 increase?

Thanks

Terry

Hi Terry,

Good question. My goal is to increase the weekly batch size starting next week with 20 kits. Maxing out between 50 to 75 units per week unitill the back orders here are complete. After we go live with the website sales, I only expect a few orders a week.

As soon as the back-orders are complete, I am looking forward to spending time refining the firmware to provide higher resolution tracking, more features, and headset specific integration.

And then of course, anything else you guys (I use the word guys in the non gender specific way) can think up,

Thanks for the question Terry,

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Hi Terry,

Good question. My goal is to increase the weekly batch size starting next week with 20 kits. Maxing out between 50 to 75 units per week unitill the back orders here are complete. After we go live with the website sales, I only expect a few orders a week.

As soon as the back-orders are complete, I am looking forward to spending time refining the firmware to provide higher resolution tracking, more features, and headset specific integration.

And then of course, anything else you guys (I use the word guys in the non gender specific way) can think up,

Thanks for the question Terry,

Miles

Thanks Miles. I think you may be surprised at the number of website orders once pointctrl gets known better.

Terry

Miles, I have a question. I recently started using VR in P3D 4.5x. It looks great on my Pimax 5K+

However, an issue I have is the mouse cursor in P3D is not very accurate. Will yourPointCTRL help with this issue? Essentialy, I'll try and select something on the pedestal, due to the fact several switches are close, the cursor will loose focus and float above the switches. I then am unable to select the switch. Will I be able to fine tune the accuracy of PointCTRL? I have a ways..number 183, so perhaps by then you'll have everything tweaked even better. Thanks for any info.

Airplane I was using is the Flysimware MU-2 Marquise.

Best,

David

Intel® Core i9-9900X CPU @ 3.50GHz OC 4.5GHz,G.SkillDDR4-3200,X299 AORUS Ultra Gaming-CF,Samsung SSD 860 PRO 512GB,Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB,WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0,WDC WD3003FZEX-00Z4SA0,NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti(Watercooled AORUS 11GB),H100i Cooler.

NVIDIA Driver:430.64

OS:Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Professional 64-bit (Build 17763)

Periphials: TM Warthog A10 HOTAS/Throttle,CH Rudder Pedals.

VR:Pimax 5K+,PiTools V1.0.1.129,HMD Firmware V2.1.255.212,

SteamVR V1.1.18

I sorry I never received notice it was shipping I’ve been ill quite often this year from a three week cold to issues from diabetes that requiresmonday-Wednesday-frinday visits each week the little break I had between the three visits a week went to one the I got maybe once a month twice before the three vixts a week were startedback up. But enough about my problems I see I was listed as number 3 so how do I go about receiving my device?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I sorry I never received notice it was shipping I’ve been ill quite often this year from a three week cold to issues from diabetes that requiresmonday-Wednesday-frinday visits each week the little break I had between the three visits a week went to one the I got maybe once a month twice before the three vixts a week were startedback up. But enough about my problems I see I was listed as number 3 so how do I go about receiving my device?

Hi, anyone who has missed their slot can email Carol at orders@pointctrl.com provide your number and Forum name.

Regards.