CH Fighterstick USB curves request - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-10-2019, 01:46 PM   #1
Robert31178

Default CH Fighterstick USB curves request

Hi!!

As above, I am looking to get input from the rest of the Gazelle flyers on how they set up their HOTAS controls. Specifically if anyone is using customs curves on a CH Fighterstick USB HOTAS that would be the most helpful since that's what I am running, but any and all input would sure help!

I've had Gazelle for a while now and did a bit of dampening, but after stepping away form it for the last year or so I want to get back into it. I took it for a toot the other day and man I was all over the place! I know part of that is my lack of recency in the airframe, but I thought it would also be beneficial for me to ask around and see what others are doing. I recall there was a thread on this before, and many of you weren't using any curves or dampening......that's crazy to me since I don't have the option for a stick extension like you Warthog/VKB/Mongoose guys.

For my pedals I stopped using the CH "Nutcrackers" and am using a set of VKB MKIV's for helicoptering. They are working miracles for my Huey driving, really, and am hoping I can get them dialed in for Gazelle. anyone using them for this? If so what are you using, if any, for curves?

Thanks in advance!

~Rob
Robert31178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:50 PM   #2
GerdLeBourrin

My curves settings, i've just add a 25 curve for X and Y axis.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	328
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	206117  
Old 03-16-2019, 03:17 PM   #3
Robert31178

I did up mine to 25, it certainly did help me out. Thank you so much!!

~Rob
Robert31178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:19 PM   #4
GerdLeBourrin

You can take a look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAEXU8ccqQY
Old 05-08-2019, 08:07 PM   #5
xvii-Dietrich

I have a CH FighterstickPro and CH Pedals. My settings are:

Code:
              |<--  STICK  -->|   PEDALS
                 Z     Y     X       Z
              Coll  Ptch  Roll    Rddr
              -------------------------
Deadzone         0     0     0       0
Saturation X   100   100   100     100
Saturation Y    70    40    25      60
Curvature        0     0     0       0
It could still use some tweaking perhaps, but it works for me.
xvii-Dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 01:00 AM   #6
FragBum

I feel your pain I went through all this with X and Y curves for Gazelle cyclic input using a joystick I can only say building my own "Cyclic" made a huge difference for all the DCS helicopters.

I did find for the Gazelle some saturation and because the cyclic input is centric in the Gazelle i.e. no cyclic offset for blowback etc* and also adding some curvature reduced the tendency for over correction and helped a lot.

For collective using the tiny slider on my old Logitech 3D Pro with the combination of "Slider" and "Curvature" I could make the lower part of collective travel more controllable, great for pick up hovering and set down. This does then compress the top end of the transfer curve but that really wasn't an issue.

For Anti-torque adding curvature can give the pedals more authority or broaden the centre travel depending which way you go positive or negative curvature. For me with the Combat Pros I had I liked having slightly more authority on the pedals especially for the Huey. But in hind sight the Combat pros where not so good but if it helps for the pedals your using then all good.

I will say that with effectively a 250mm extension and moving the cyclic so it's down between my legs which allows me to support my wrist, really tames the Gazelle and the finer control input makes a real difference to the Gazelle and all the other helicopters too.

* I am not a pilot IRL, I think this is more the way the control input is modelled and not the dreaded FM argument per se, just my observation of course.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.
FragBum is offline   Reply With Quote