DCS and Pimax - Page 94 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-29-2018, 04:02 PM   #931
imacken
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rymy View Post
Well i have almost same setup except i have I5-9600K OC to 4.9 and 2666 DDR4 rams , 1080TI is asus 11 OC Gaming model and HTCVivePro (and still has in shelf HTC Vive what i used to use earlier). I might need to check IL-2 again but like example i can get DCS to run on 90 FPS if i lower SS in SteamVR to 1.0 and dont use shadows and AAx2 settings (MSAA off)

But i suppose there are factors contributing to this experience like example what are SS settings on each game on SteamVr and what are game settings. And what i have noticed that there are also differences what you have set in Nvidia control panel. iRacing forums have had some good topics when people have different settings and optimal settings of Nvidia settings. And not least it is also much how you feel game which can be personal matter.
Are you seriously telling us you can get 90fps on the Vive Pro on DCS with no SS or MSAA with that CPU and RAM?
You must be a magician, sir!
Intel i7 8700K 5.0GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · ThrustMaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick · Virpil WarBRD base · Valve Index
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:06 PM   #932
VirusAM

Send a message via MSN to VirusAM

i can’t get 45 with a far superior rig...he can get 90....you should already have vulkan render in your dcs version
well i have to say that i like always to test worst possible scenario for performance...like dubai map or a lot of units
I7-9900K @5.1 GHz | 32gb DDR4 Ram 3200MHz| GeForce GTX1080ti modded with Liquid Cooling |SSDs | Virpil WarBrd + F18 Stick | Fssb R3 Lighting + TM-f16 Stick | MFG Crosswind | Oculus Rifs S | OpenTrack + Ps3Eye | Samsung CH3270 32" 2560x1440 QLED Monitor | Speedmaster Flight Seat
VirusAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:26 PM   #933
Rymy

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacken View Post
Are you seriously telling us you can get 90fps on the Vive Pro on DCS with no SS or MSAA with that CPU and RAM?
You must be a magician, sir!
If I put in SteamVR SS to 1 no motion smoothing
in DCS
Textures HIGH
Ground Textures HIGH
Visibilility range MEDIUM
Civ traffic LOW
Shadows OFF
water LOW
MSAA off
AA 2x
Tree rendering range I think something was it 40 percent or something
(I am sorry but cant remember all other settings but they are low or off mostly)

I take like example A10-C and Caucasus training mission "Familiarisation to HOTAS" I get 90 FPS

If you VirusAM do not get same with your rig I recommend to check your other Nvidia and other settings. Remember also that when comparing I7-9900 and I5-9600K and VR we are mostly talking about single core performance and differences are not superior in there. Bigger differences comes with multicore performance.
Rymy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 06:31 PM   #934
VirusAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rymy View Post
If I put in SteamVR SS to 1 no motion smoothing
in DCS
Textures HIGH
Ground Textures HIGH
Visibilility range MEDIUM
Civ traffic LOW
Shadows OFF
water LOW
MSAA off
AA 2x
Tree rendering range I think something was it 40 percent or something
(I am sorry but cant remember all other settings but they are low or off mostly)

I take like example A10-C and Caucasus training mission "Familiarisation to HOTAS" I get 90 FPS

If you VirusAM do not get same with your rig I recommend to check your other Nvidia and other settings. Remember also that when comparing I7-9900 and I5-9600K and VR we are mostly talking about single core performance and differences are not superior in there. Bigger differences comes with multicore performance.

yes...still i should get slightly superior performances...
could you try the second mission in the 1989 hornet campaign?cas?
i will try your one
thanks
I7-9900K @5.1 GHz | 32gb DDR4 Ram 3200MHz| GeForce GTX1080ti modded with Liquid Cooling |SSDs | Virpil WarBrd + F18 Stick | Fssb R3 Lighting + TM-f16 Stick | MFG Crosswind | Oculus Rifs S | OpenTrack + Ps3Eye | Samsung CH3270 32" 2560x1440 QLED Monitor | Speedmaster Flight Seat
Old 11-29-2018, 08:48 PM   #935
Rymy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusAM View Post
yes...still i should get slightly superior performances...
could you try the second mission in the 1989 hornet campaign?cas?
i will try your one
thanks
Sorry I probably dont have that Hornet campaign as I just bought Hornet.

But to make it sure I do not claim that when I am playing in Multiplayer server that I have 90 FPS. I mainly have that FPS in 45. In my post 90 FPS was example to show CPU/GPU load. In Caucasus or PG in multiplayer servers I have like said about 45 which drops sometimes to lower but I try to keep settings so that it is 45 so that it stays stable and smooth to fly. For some reason in DCS 45 seems to be even enough when in many other games it will make you puke.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:24 PM   #936
Bloodhound57

Hornet campaign is included with the module.
Bloodhound57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:38 PM   #937
sea2sky

Guys, you will get diff fps on different maps/planes or even different areas of the same map. For example, I'm getting steady 90fps on Hormuz when flying far from a shore facing north on A-10C, but the same point with Hornet gives me just 60fps. Try it your self, and you will witness that.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:43 PM   #938
VirusAM

That is why we need some standard benchmark to understand what is happening
Old 11-29-2018, 10:27 PM   #939
Rymy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskybeaver View Post
Guys, you will get diff fps on different maps/planes or even different areas of the same map. For example, I'm getting steady 90fps on Hormuz when flying far from a shore facing north on A-10C, but the same point with Hornet gives me just 60fps. Try it your self, and you will witness that.
yes I know this very welll. I think my original point was that I made two different graphic scenarios with different Supersample settings and ttried to flew over same route in training mission where I know events etc are kept same so those are not creating unknown variation to FPS.

When we play in multiplayer server there are lot of variables which affect including amount of other players, amount of scripts, part of the map etc.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:29 PM   #940
Rymy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusAM View Post
That is why we need some standard benchmark to understand what is happening
Yes I was thinking same thing that there should be VR benchmarking tool. You could run test against different application and graphic settings to determine performance and optium settings.