DCS and Pimax - Page 93 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-01-2018, 02:14 PM   #921
BigBANGtheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyFruit View Post
Could not resist, placed order for 5k+ with the hand tracking.

I know at some point, people were taking about having your hands tracked and interacting with the cockpit switches with your "finger". Are there any ways of making that work currently?

Sadly no, not yet at least not a plug and play product just lots of potential tech that may one day fit the bill.
BigBANGtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:42 PM   #922
cordite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladman View Post
Your likelihood of any kind of success other than annoying a few is beyond unlikely.
That's nice.
cordite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:17 AM   #923
nicka117

Have any backers here gotten their 5k plus yet? Figured someone around here would have one by now.
nicka117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:19 AM   #924
imacken
Veteran

It’ll be interesting to get reports of the Pimax. I am a little worried about it with regard to DCS as I recently upgraded from a Rift to a Vive Pro and with those 80% extra pixels to push around, DCS suffers and I have to turn down settings. Goodness knows what it will be like with the Pimax.
DCS is the challenge as other games do not suffer the same issues for me.
Intel i7 8700K 5.0GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · ThrustMaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick · Virpil WarBRD base · Valve Index
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:07 AM   #925
das Rindvieh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zFCtL8PsYs

DCS is poorly optimized for vr. Specially for such wide fov headsets. I guess you have to turn off all shaders.
das Rindvieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 06:24 PM   #926
=Buckeye=

Quote:
Originally Posted by das Rindvieh View Post
DCS is poorly optimized for vr.
That's an understatement.
Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:
Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440
=Buckeye= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 06:38 PM   #927
iRocco

The answer is next next gen gfx cards...
iRocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:58 PM   #928
Rymy

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Buckeye= View Post
That's an understatement.
I agree. I have mainly VR experience of 6 different VR games and then few demos
- Warthunder
- iRacing
- IL-2 BoS&BoM
- Elite Dangerous
- DSC
- Eurotruck simulator 2

If i would need to place in order how well VR is impelemented i would place them imaginery basket so that:
1. DSC, iRacing its hard to say which one has better implementation but both are clearly using development resources also for VR and i do not have much to complain except that i wait Vulcan but i would say job well done . Even i would probably raise DCS as number one as it has possibility to make world scaling to match your feeling about size of the world what iRacing dont have
2. Elite dangerous: Elite Dangerous has also very good VR but some of the menus etc (and there are quite many of those make it sometimes difficult to use). I would probably put it to first "basket" if they would make world scaling like DCS has
3. IL-2, ETS2: both are also quite nice to play in VR mode but ETS2 has quite old engine and some graphics parts are problematic on it. Also VR part is done by one developer when he has time so they are not fully concentrating on it which is shame as it would have lot of potential. On the other hand IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad seems to have generally quite good VR but it seems to be quite untable client and also it goes to SteamVR loading screen quite a lot (and i have quite top end computer setup)
4. Warthunder: Flying is quite ok with that (even last time i tried it i had some strange graphic glitch and cockpit graphics looked really and and quite of blueish). But tank section what i would love to play is not designed for VR at the moment

So i would say that DCS is probably one of the best what you can get for VR titles at the moment.
Rymy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:39 PM   #929
VirusAM

Send a message via MSN to VirusAM
Default DCS and Pimax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rymy View Post
I agree. I have mainly VR experience of 6 different VR games and then few demos
- Warthunder
- iRacing
- IL-2 BoS&BoM
- Elite Dangerous
- DSC
- Eurotruck simulator 2

If i would need to place in order how well VR is impelemented i would place them imaginery basket so that:
1. DSC, iRacing its hard to say which one has better implementation but both are clearly using development resources also for VR and i do not have much to complain except that i wait Vulcan but i would say job well done . Even i would probably raise DCS as number one as it has possibility to make world scaling to match your feeling about size of the world what iRacing dont have
2. Elite dangerous: Elite Dangerous has also very good VR but some of the menus etc (and there are quite many of those make it sometimes difficult to use). I would probably put it to first "basket" if they would make world scaling like DCS has
3. IL-2, ETS2: both are also quite nice to play in VR mode but ETS2 has quite old engine and some graphics parts are problematic on it. Also VR part is done by one developer when he has time so they are not fully concentrating on it which is shame as it would have lot of potential. On the other hand IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad seems to have generally quite good VR but it seems to be quite untable client and also it goes to SteamVR loading screen quite a lot (and i have quite top end computer setup)
4. Warthunder: Flying is quite ok with that (even last time i tried it i had some strange graphic glitch and cockpit graphics looked really and and quite of blueish). But tank section what i would love to play is not designed for VR at the moment

So i would say that DCS is probably one of the best what you can get for VR titles at the moment.

i completely disagree with your standing.
i don’t own many of the games you cited...but il2 boX has probably the best and more fps friendly vr implementation in flight sim world...
on iracing i agree...i tried it and nothing could get it to run on less then 90fps.
About DCS i cannot have it to run on 45fps im every situation also with lowest settings...and i have the best desktop cpu money can buy...and a pretty good gpu.
Really hope that Vulkan will come early and bring us some serius improvement
I7-9900K @5.1 GHz | 32gb DDR4 Ram 3200MHz| GeForce GTX1080ti modded with Liquid Cooling |SSDs | Virpil WarBrd + F18 Stick | Fssb R3 Lighting + TM-f16 Stick | MFG Crosswind | Oculus Rifs S | OpenTrack + Ps3Eye | Samsung CH3270 32" 2560x1440 QLED Monitor | Speedmaster Flight Seat
VirusAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 02:13 PM   #930
Rymy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusAM View Post
i completely disagree with your standing.
i don’t own many of the games you cited...but il2 boX has probably the best and more fps friendly vr implementation in flight sim world...
on iracing i agree...i tried it and nothing could get it to run on less then 90fps.
About DCS i cannot have it to run on 45fps im every situation also with lowest settings...and i have the best desktop cpu money can buy...and a pretty good gpu.
Really hope that Vulkan will come early and bring us some serius improvement
Well i have almost same setup except i have I5-9600K OC to 4.9 and 2666 DDR4 rams , 1080TI is asus 11 OC Gaming model and HTCVivePro (and still has in shelf HTC Vive what i used to use earlier). I might need to check IL-2 again but like example i can get DCS to run on 90 FPS if i lower SS in SteamVR to 1.0 and dont use shadows and AAx2 settings (MSAA off)

But i suppose there are factors contributing to this experience like example what are SS settings on each game on SteamVr and what are game settings. And what i have noticed that there are also differences what you have set in Nvidia control panel. iRacing forums have had some good topics when people have different settings and optimal settings of Nvidia settings. And not least it is also much how you feel game which can be personal matter.
Rymy is offline   Reply With Quote