Huey wish list

ebabil

Just to add to what others say:

- ai for doorgunners (set up as turrets same as for example: tanks perhaps?);

- ai flexguns operating co-pilot (could use same code as doorgunners.);

- ai for (co-)pilots like computer controlled aircraft instead of current autopilot modes;

- doorgunners and weapon mounts/pintles selectable through loadout interface;

- controllable pilot after ejection preferably with the ability to enter other hueys as transport and/or pilot/gunner;

- physical troop transport: the ability to load up ground units and transporting them to another location. (also think about slinging light vehicles);

- physical supplies transport: fuel bladder slinging or cargo net, also internal cargo, all with supply value that gets added to destination farp, camp, airfield, ship, etc, etc.

if not, i still love you Belsimtek crew!

Edited by Derk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- Ms Flight Simulator X: Acceleration

- Take On: Helicopters

:smilewink:

Yeah...I'd say neither of them really offer a good SAR sim. You can create great SAR missions with them but that's about it.

What I mean is you have to rely on mission editing and scripts in order to access the SAR operations.

For instance in ToH whenever you want to use the hoist you have to do it with the scripted waypoints. You can't just free flight over Seattle with a guy in the back and say :"hey I'm gonna hoist him down on that roof top".

I know all of this was also heavily scripted in SAR4 but the immersion was greater.

The game was far from perfect but somehow everything was putted together in a way that just felt right, IMO the exact opposite of ToH.

Even after all these years it is still a reference for me.

But I never said I was a reference ;)

Edited by Eight Ball

REAL TREES!!

MORE REAL TREES!!

Fake "ghost" stone age fly trough trees just kill immersion and won't even block AI.s vision. :mad:

But this is ED's broblem, can't understand why they dont fix it.. 2 helos, and 2 cas planes already and still those stupid trees. :doh::doh:

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eight Ball, that's true, you can't play around with those features outside of scripted mission in TKOH, plus there are many other issues with it. It's better in FSX with Acceleration pack, as you have access to the winch at all times, all one have to do is put "liftable" objects that will snap to the cable when poked with it. Yet it is not a true replacement for SAR4.

But I see problems with hoisting, or long-lining in simulations at this point in time. Advances in flight modeling, plus lack of stereoscopic and peripheral vision make such flying really tough. Honestly I would leave such features for an update, for better times when we'll see if the commercial Occulus Rift, and similar hardware will help us out here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

Yeah, real trees!

Edge will be in Nevada only... a few bushes but not many trees.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

-rain drops on glasses

-visible troops in chopper , loading unloading

-rope operations like special forces

-medevac version

- gps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz-4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz-ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series -saitek Χ45-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

"MINOAS11"

I would wish that you guys look into your damage model, sometimes when you freefall from 3 meters above the ground the huey imediatly explodes, i doubt that would happen IRL.

Greetings

Frankly no it wouldn't, having had two hues shot up going into hot LZ's in Viet Nam, neither one exploded. Blew the skids to hell and the blades turned to crap, but the Huey is a hell of a lot more reliant than ED portrays.:pilotfly:

Kirk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot sunglasses please. Dawn or dusk flying into the sun is a killer on the eyes if your monitor outputs the way mine does. Flying into the sun feels like my monitor could light a small village.

yeah, i'd like to have a command to pull the sun visor down on my helmet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

real trees before sun visors please...

I spend a bomb to get real life sun glare and then you want sun visors?

Real Trees please!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

No I think it's every ones job.

If Belsimtek concentrates on choppers then surely it is their interests to have solid trees.

especially in multiplayer!

...ED job. It must be integrated into DCS World...

This.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

us choppers need protection from FC3 and trees are our bread and butter.

If Belsimtek concentrates on choppers then surely it is their interests to have solid trees.

especially in multiplayer!

Where would be their benefits, from an economical standpoint ?

They should work on those trees and then just give what they did to ED so it can be applied to DCS World ?

Or are you suggesting that only belsimtek customers should enjoy those trees?

How would it look like in MP ? Some people can fly through trees, others can't ?

Or you just split the community in half ? Servers with or without collidable trees ?

Don't get me wrong, I want those trees too, but no one else but ED should be held responsible for this aberation.

They messed up long ago and it's unfair to think belsimtek has or should have anything to do with that.

PS: that's just my opinion, maybe Belsimtek is working on those trees or maybe there are just no plan to ever make the georgian trees collidable...who knows? I don't...

Edited by Eight Ball

all should embrace the trees pal,

no conspiracy.

we should all hug the trees.

it is simple

a tree is solid

it Attenuates radar for air superiority.

It protects choppers from AAA

And it provides us all with oxygen.

don't hate trees.

embrace them.

and the pressure must build from somewhere.

Everywhere.

and it must be in edge/Nevada (no trees), but it must start now.

Rogue trooper :

We get your point, you want collidable trees, thx.

I think everyone here that like to learn how to start a plane/helicopter with every switch possible want collidable trees. It's just that the current engine is not able/capable. It's not Belsimtek's job, nor any other 3rd party developer, but ED's job.

IIRC they said that it might be possbile with the new engine, EDGE(wich is not only Nevada BTW. Nevada is a map that will only be available once EDGE is released, but Gorgia an any other map will be with EDGE too)

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

- AI door gunners and copilot

- Communicating crew members (If I were a door gunner, I'm not going to keep my mouth shut if I see a flash followed by a smoke trail with a missile up front that is going to intercept us)

- Realistic GPS system attached to window, dash or strapped to the legs. Mission designer must be able to turn these extra avionics on or off. This allows the mission designer to create a Vietnam scenario as well as fit the Huey in a modern-day scenario.

- Integrate the Huey in the warehouse & supply system to allow real transport missions that can influence the course of battle

- Medevac for ejected pilots (both client and AI pilots)

- The trees of course!

- Add a winch. Want to see some fast-roping!

- The coalitionaddgroup should be integrated in the ME to allow lua noobs like me to create a mission like Hueydrop (see Uh-1h missions thread).

And when that is done Belsimtek may continue with the Mi-8.

'Frett'

By the way;

Has real Huey rotor brake? DCS: Huey doesn't, does it?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068