CTLD & Formation

Ironwulf

Hi

The CTLD script is quite powerful and over the last few days I have been making good use of it. Well done, Ciribob!

I note however that all troops unloaded appear to be in a line formation. Is there a way to make them change formation once they arrive at a wpZone?... as arriving in a nice straight line makes them good machine gun fodder ;)

I was thinking about modifying the script myself but thought I would ask here in case there is a feature/configurable. I have missed.

Specifically for the mission I am doing, I am deploying enemy troops from a helo, so its all AI, and no human tactical commander or anything like that.

Side note: In the course of making this mission I did also find an issue with loading troops into a particular (AI) helicopter type - it would only load up to ctld.numberOfTroops irrespective of the actual capacity of the chopper, if that was specified in ctld.unitLoadLimits.

In function ctld.loadTroops, I changed the code

--number doesnt apply to vehicles
   if _numberOrTemplate == nil  or (type(_numberOrTemplate) ~= "table" and type(_numberOrTemplate) ~= "number")  then
       _numberOrTemplate = ctld.numberOfTroops
   end 

to

--number doesnt apply to vehicles
   if _numberOrTemplate == nil  or (type(_numberOrTemplate) ~= "table" and type(_numberOrTemplate) ~= "number")  then
      _numberOrTemplate = ctld.getTransportLimit(_heli:getTypeName())
   end

Which then allowed the relevant type-specific overrides in ctld.unitLoadLimits to work. This was important to my mission where the AI operated both Mi-8 Hip and CH-47 transport aircraft.

But I digress... any help on the formation issue, would be much appreciated!

Leigh

Somewhere in CTLD is the 'template' for infantry spawns. Formation is an entry at the GROUP level. If you can find the infantry template (maybe do a find on "Formation") then you should be able to swap it out for another one.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *