F-14B Guide

MD44

Great job MD44, my niece is learning the F14 module right now and has found your guide invaluable, I find it very useful as well, well done.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Nice guide!

Some feedback

Page 40 - the graphic showing 40* is incorrect, the +-20 degree scan is left right, not up down. Elevation Bars indicate height, Azimuth Degrees indicate width of the cone.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Simply super.

Thanks so much for this.

As someone struggling to get to grips with the Tomcat, and not the time I would like to sit down and digest the full manual from Heat blur then this has been a god send to get me into a position that I can actually start flying with half an idea of what I'm doing.

Really great work.

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Much appreciated!

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

This is one of the most in depth guides Ive seen for the Cat yet.

It would be nice if the pages could be broken out of the document though. I'd like to put a few of them in my kneeboard. ;)

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

There are some inaccuracies... (apologies I'm anal) ;) Nice job overall though :) The most glaring one is that you say 90% for takeoff, the takeoff should be performed at MIL power...:

The Takeoff:

4. Increase thrust to 90% to begin roll - Correct but then increase to MIL power

6. Pull back on stick 25° until liftoff – don't exceed 10° pitch - not sure where the 25 degrees comes from... NATOPS says "Maintain the control stick at the

trimmed condition during the prerotation ground roll phase

to minimize aircraft drag. After the pre-computed rotation

speed (refer to NAVAIR 01-F14AAP-1.1), smoothly pull the

control stick aft to position the HUD waterline at a 7_ to 10_

pitch attitude until safely airborne"

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

• 1 month later...

Guide was added to the DCS Tutorial Collection.

Thanks, this is a very well done Guide, that´s why I´ve placed it on that position where I usually place Chuck´s guides on other Modules.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Great guide MD-44, thank you :thumbup:.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 4 years later...

Great work!I have some questions about the chapter on aerial refueling,Data shows that wingsweep does not require a 55 degree setting.

12. Set Wing Sweep Thumb Switch – DOWN (BOMB). A constant
wing sweep of 55 deg will help stabilize the flight of the aircraft.

The original text is as follows
6. Wing−sweep switch ---- MAN/wing−sweep angle As Desired.

Refueling altitudes and airspeeds are dictated by
receiver and/or tanker characteristics and operational needs,
consistent with the tanker’s performance and refueling capa
bilities. This covers a practical spectrum from the deck to
35,000 feet, 170 to 300 knots, and wing−sweep angles of
20° to 68°. Optimum airspeed and wing−sweep position is
240 knots and approximately 40° wing−sweep. This configu
ration increases aircraft angle of attack enough to lower the
receiver’s vertical tails below the tanker’s jetwash and
decreases bow wave effect. SAS−off tanking can most easily
be performed at 200 KCAS with 40° of wing−sweep.