UH-1h Training mission series

I am proud to present my first mission i made

This mission is first in a long series of training mission.

Download :

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2995729/

And this time : Uh-1h.

In this mission your instructor Robert c.meson will tack u to a series of task in the uh-1h and explain to about navigation systems and a full startup procedure.

Your task are :

1.Full startup from ramp

2.navigation to

Screen_171024_184520.jpg

Update 6.11.17

Update the mission file

- Add briefing including startup check list.

- Add Highlight to cockpit instrument in startup.

- Add "Space-bar when you are ready to proceed" in each startup group list .

- Add the ability to learn about radios in startup (using F10)

* Not found yet how to make the wing-man land on the anther ship .

u can use the / and let him command to RTB for now.

72cC0iw

N5wXVmk.jpg

7rL3pnj.jpg

gbCWMza.jpg

Edited by assafm25
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

The mission is availabul to dowbload

Firs post update.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Thanks, looks like you put quite an effort in all those voice-overs! It's nice to have spoken language in the missions.

I think sometimes it's a bit too fast though, especially when the instructor tells you to start up the engine (and especially if english is not your native language). Well, it was no problem to me since I knew how to start it up without the instructor. But following his commands was near impossible and therefore pointless. Maybe it would have been better to put triggers there. Sort of "Set AC phase and ESS Bus". Once both are set, the instructor can give the next set of commands.

I liked the liveries of the planes as well as the traffic going on.

Some triggers probably could be improved. The first task e.g. is to taxi to the runway and to fly to Batumi. However, I'm already able to chose F10 and a different task.

Anyway, I'll give it another try next week (didn't have the time to go through the full practice).

As a little side note (constructive critism) - I noticed a few typing mistakes.

Also, I'd recommend to add text to the mission briefing. It doesn't have to be much, but having it plane empty feels a bit odd to me.

Keep on going with your work. It's appreciated.

Some triggers probably could be improved. The first task e.g. is to taxi to the runway and to fly to Batumi. However, I'm already able to chose F10 and a different task.

U can select from the start any task u like to made .

u not need to make them one by one :)

About the startup Reading time i tray to make it as trigger but cant found how :helpsmilie:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

-----------------------

-------------

Hello assafm25,

Just a comment to let you know I really enjoy your mission. It feels quite exciting to read that it's going to be the first of a series.

Since I'm not native in English, I only had a bad time trying to read your whole in flight messages, a few of them vanished a bit too fast for me. Too bad because they are quite interesting !

I also noticed a bug but I'm not sure it's because of the mission. When I landed on the ship, soon after another Huey showed up and tried to land exactly on the same spot... collision and mission ended.

I can only thank you for sharing this one and I will keep my eyes open for any upcoming work !

About the startup Reading time i tray to make it as trigger but cant found how :helpsmilie:

I thought there once was a thread about it or a download when somebody made it for the Huey...but I did not find it anymore (googled quite a bit).

BTW, I agree with swiss_lipo that some texts vanished a bit too fast.

Thank u all.

I will fix the startup text time and also the ship landing.

Thank u all for the feedback

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

-----------------------

-------------

OK

I found how to do it trigger with the Marker BOX .

i fix it today

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

-----------------------

-------------

Update the mission file and first post

- Add briefing including startup check list.

- Add Highlight to cockpit instrument in startup.

- Add "Space-bar when you are ready to proceed" in each startup group list .

- Add the ability to learn about radios in startup (using F10)

* Not found yet how to make the wing-man land on the anther ship .

u can use the / and let him command to RTB for now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

-----------------------

-------------

Thanks, I finally had a look at it. It's really a lot better now with those space bar breaks!:clap_2: Personally I'm not a huge fan of the yellow "help signs" (they're a bit distracting to me) but they may be helpful for newbies. It would be perfect to be able to turn it on/off, but I'm probably asking for too much now. I encounterd one slight problem though - one of the markers didn't disapper (see screenshot).

I of course made the same mistake again and chosed a task on the F10 menu instead of doing the "first flight". So when flying to the ship, I suddenly received an additional task (landing next to the trucks) :joystick:

Maybe it would be nice to let the text NOT disappear until you set the ADF to 688? The text vanished a bit too early IMO. So you may miss that info if you didn't pay attention before the text vanished.

Anyway, I'll have to do another run without setting the additional task first :music_whistling: Having the briefing now is also a nice addition.

And a slight question...how far away is the ship for landing? I flew quite a while and the "Return Home" told me, I'm still on course....and there was nothing except blue dark sea around me for "hours" using time compression. Thus, I started to wonder if the ship really is that far in the sea (I did not have enough patience/time to fly further)?

Last but not least - it was so refreshing to fly her again after spending hours and hours in the Mi-8. I completely forgot what a beauty she is.

Edit: I forgot, maybe you should add the "set compass" to the checklist (maybe it's in there and I missed it?).

Screen_171109_180350.thumb.jpg.3b644e21286f4555b2297fb7281bef7b.jpg

Thanks for your reaply.

I will chack today all the stuf u sey.

The ship are on the costline deep in the sea.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

-----------------------

-------------

Thanks, I just had a look at the file in the mission editor to check out the location of the ship. I must have missed the ship in my attempt yesterday for whatever reasons. Maybe I made a mistake with the Homing. I'll give it a try later on again.

Use the task and u recived info about the ship FM freq.

I will add the Spacebar option in all the massages.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

-----------------------

-------------

Mission update NO 2 :

- Fix Ship task - now the navigation to the ship work on Freq 50.00 and not on 40.00 (hummvy)

- Fix RPM instrument not go .

- Add space bar to radio explanation

Edited by assafm25

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

-----------------------

-------------

Thanks for creating your mission, the tasks were an ideal refresher to using the Huey's radio navigation.

Note: When the AI wingman landed on the ship (OH Perry) and de-spawned - I received a "you and your crew died" type message, even though I was still flying (I'd taken off again before the wingman crashed into me). This was in the old (06-11-2017) mission, so perhaps is already fixed.

Well, I was using 40.00 as mentioned....but I'm pretty sure the mistake is somewhere on my side.

The AN/ARC-131 radio power switch has 4 positions OFF, T/R, RETRAN and HOME - T/R and HOME have morse audio and HOME will drive the Course Deviation Indicator.

I initially forgot the switch had 4 positions (RETRAN and HOME are close together), so had to check Chuck's guide to find why the CDI wasn't working when homing on the HMMV on 40.00 MHz. Perhaps you made a similar mistake?

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

With the last version of your mission, I encountered a strange problem and I wonder if this is just on my PC or in general. I first thought it might be a mod, so I disabled them. However, I then noticed that this problem only occurs on this mission. I don't have this problem with the other Huey missions.

As you can see, the pilot view is almost in the window by default and I have to zoom out a lot ot see the instruments. And co-pilot position is completely off... in the cargo room (see screenshots).

Anybody else has this problem with this mission? And even more important: how to correct it?

pilot_default.thumb.jpg.dcf5ee381420a89dd2b0d7c355e762d4.jpg

co_pilot_default.thumb.jpg.16df1924a9d8e3e2b4350bbc08132f91.jpg

copilot_zoom_out.thumb.jpg.5699deebbf1cffb162012f8fd0a3dcd0.jpg

pilot_zoom_out.thumb.jpg.ee1cc4276aa82b633506edf070e42062.jpg

• 7 months later...

will this work with 2.5 when I start it the birds is already running on ramp or parking so no start up practice and on the test if not there is no instruction on were to go

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

will this work with 2.5 when I start it the birds is already running on ramp or parking so no start up practice and on the test if not there is no instruction on were to go
For me it allows me to select a slot and it's the second bottom slot that has the cold start. It says on ramp but it's actually cold start at the parking spot.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Iirc you can use a press space bar as a trigger if you want in stead of time more condition

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 10 months later...
I am proud to present my first mission i made

This mission is first in a long series of training mission.

Excellent mission sir, thank you so much. :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

I LOVE IT

thanks man , VIVA Israel <3

Salute

ISAAC

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

• 4 years later...