Custom, made by me, chair

stefew1966

Hi all,

I just wanted to post some pics of my custom, made by me chair.

It's made from plywood covered with black laminate. Seats are good quality vinyl sown with my industrial sewing machine. Stickers are of all my favorite aircraft. I know, tacky a bit, but I don't care. I love stickers.

I can replace the TM Warthog with my Proflight Trainer Puma as everything is modular on the chair.

Give me your honest opinion. I won't take offence. :)

Stef

1079605118_Chair1.thumb.jpg.9f5c120f5ecc772f8e611ca181df957d.jpg

1435712247_Chair2.thumb.jpg.5ef6de1830bff307b2fab9631e0a0e2f.jpg

I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog, TM TPR pedals, TrackIR, projector, Odyssey, Xtal, custom flight chair, Proflight Trainer Puma.

An honest opinion? I guess you could sell these (though, please make the stickers optional).

Not sure if the left arm rest should be adjustable in height ideally, but looks pretty professionally made.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

LOL, I know, the stickers are not the most popular thing on the chair. Gaudy as sin! ;)

I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, TM Warthog, TM TPR pedals, TrackIR, projector, Odyssey, Xtal, custom flight chair, Proflight Trainer Puma.

Looks pretty good. I assume that the armrest is height adjustable, since there are still some holes visible that are currently not used. Can you tell us what the overall construction weighs?

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Yes the armrest is adjustable. As are most of the parts of the chair. The whole thing weighs about 300 pounds!

Well done!

I’d suggest it needs more stickers (patches?) “Warning Ejection Seat” etc. I saw a patch on EBay of a WW2 style bomb with a big red “F” on it (an “F bomb” LOL), that might work too...

Seriously, looks great!

Wow, well done. I really, really dig the size of the left arm/throttle arm rest. My personally I'd love to have this same setup, but have a keyboard in the center spot, and the stick on the right side. I realize using stick extensions pretty much limits you to center stick though, and it's really cool that way too.

Nice work.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

T-Tracks

How do the rails work for moving the pedals?

I use Veritas T-Slot aluminium tracks from LeeValley's. Really easy to create the channel they are in by using a router. Then I use T-Bolts with wing nuts to attach the rudder pedals to the tracks.

Stef:smartass:

very, very nice, congrats

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Well done. What is that purple spring on the joystick base? Looks pretty hefty.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Blue spring

Well done. What is that purple spring on the joystick base? Looks pretty hefty.

That spring is from Sahaj. The guy who makes custom extensions for the Warthog. That spring is stiffer than the black one that comes with the stick.

Edited by stefew1966

Personaly I think the Stick extension its way too big. But if it feels right for you, that's what matters most. Still I seems like it would hit the sides of the stick hole, without reaching gimbal limits. Am I incorrect?

Extensions

Personaly I think the Stick extension its way too big. But if it feels right for you, that's what matters most. Still I seems like it would hit the sides of the stick hole, without reaching gimbal limits. Am I incorrect?

The extensions are long yes. That affords me very good control for gunnery. However they don't hit the sides of the chair. I had measured everything to make sure they didn't. But they do hit my thighs. And that's not a bad thing as I know I'm close to the limits at that point.

Stef