Whats Next?

Wizard_03

Only one sim that does that currently w the F-16C in various block variations and super high fidelity - with a dynamic campaign to boot.

Good day,

DrDetroit

Let me have a wild guess, is it Falcon thing ? Could be a game that actually has its potential but somehow it is still blocking me hardly to have a go on it, the graphics are something totally pushing me off even though the high fidelity behind it is apparently amazing hearing from people like you and else.

I'm ready to wait for an F-16 in DCS no problem hehe ;)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats Next?

Let me have a wild guess, is it Falcon thing ? Could be a game that actually has its potential but somehow it is still blocking me hardly to have a go on it, the graphics are something totally pushing me off even though the high fidelity behind it is apparently amazing hearing from people like you and else.

I'm ready to wait for an F-16 in DCS no problem hehe ;)

The graphics are not bad at all. The biggest problem in the sim is the reused ground textures. From high altitude you can see obvious tiles. For being a free sim it does an excellent job; not for the faint of heart. I would imagine flying it would satiate your appetite for the falcon. In my opinion, nothing else on the market comes as close to DCS quality as Falcon, though it really is not as . I do think a DCS F-16C would be the best module we could hope for as a compliment to the existing projects and modules.

Ass far as the comment "flying and blowing stuff up;" my experiences indicate more people who fly DCS lean towards the enthusiast aspect of simulation as opposed to the casual simmer. There are other lower fidelity simulators out there for the casual.

Edited by Lt_Maverick

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."- General Chuck Yeager, USAF, describing his first confrontation with a Me262.

JayRac3r/Lt_Mav YouTube Channel

Aha - I have it!! Everyone knows we're in need of a good bomber, so why not the B47E Stratojet? The cockpit is like a jet anyway instead of a standard two pilot cockpit, its old and probably declassified, and this puppy can carry:

Guns: 2× 20 mm (0.787 in) M24A1 autocannons in a remote controlled tail turret with AN/APG-39 Gun-laying radar[50]

Bombs: 25,000 lb (11,000 kg) of ordnance, including:

2 × Mk15 nuclear bombs (3.8 megaton yield each), or

1 × B41 nuclear bomb (25 megaton yield), or

1 × B53 nuclear bomb (9 megaton yield), or

28 × 500 lb (227 kg) conventional bombs

:P

That would be fun, an early swept wing bomber with no stab aug... JATO needed for heavy weight TO's and bicycle landing gear. I have around 70 hours in the BUFF (.5 stick time) so it was always fun watching the TPS students coming out of fighters attempt to fly the airplane...

Later in life the -47 went to a low level profile with a lob toss delivery. Who wants to do an Immelman in a B-47?:pilotfly:

I do! :)

My final vote is for the F105 Thunderchief or (preferably and) the F4 Phantom II. The F105 could carry (from wikipedia):

- Guns: 1× 20 mm (0.787 in) M61A1 Vulcan 6-barreled Gatling cannon, 1,028 rounds

- Hardpoints: 5 total: 4× under-wing, 1× centerline pylon stations plus an internal bomb bay with a capacity of Up to 14,000 lb (6,400 kg) of ordnance, including conventional and nuclear bombs, and AIM-9 Sidewinder and AGM-12 Bullpup missiles.

We already have the Mig 21, we need the F105 and F4 to atleast allow us to create a North Vietnam air war scenario (esp when combined with SAMs, AAA, etc).

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

I do! :)

We already have the Mig 21, we need the F105 and F4 to atleast allow us to create a North Vietnam air war scenario (esp when combined with SAMs, AAA, etc).

Not really, MiG-21bis is completely different beast to MiG-21PF/PFM used in Vietnam.

Vietnamese used PF/PFM. Only 1 hardpoint on the wing instead of 2. Only R-3S (technically could have R-3R aswell but NVAF never supplied with it to my knowledge) and PF had no gun at all, PFM could mount a 23mm gunpod on the fuselage hardpoint, along with much weaker engine.

MiG-21bis however is appropriate to use as Egyptian or Syrian MiG-21MF during Yom Kippur War. Only use R-3S as A-A weapon, anything except Grom or Nukes as A-G weapons and never touch emergency afterburner.

And MiG-21bis itself was used in Iran-Iraq War alongside MiG-21MF, interestingly, Iraqis managed to rig R550 Magic missiles to their MiG-21 and increased its power over the frankly disappointing Atoll missiles.

Both of situations were against F-4 Phantoms (among other types)

Edited by RoflSeal