Hi-Fidelity Russian Modern Fighters

nicktune1219

After the release of all of these American Hi-Fi models, like the Hornet, Tomcat and the soon coming Fighting Falcon, I wish we could see some more Russian planes. Yes, we have the MiG-21, but that isn't a gen 4 fighter. We already have FC3 Russian fighters like the MiG-29 and Su-27, but I wish someone would make a Hi-Fi Su-30MKI or a MiG-29K. I know the market doesn't really want those planes, they want all of the American stuff because they're all freeaboos. But I want to be able to click buttons in a modern Russian fighter and not just to rshift+l and ralt+rctrl+home. It would be appreciated if development was take on by ED, Heatblur, RAZBAM, etc. for a plane like this, as I know some people would greatly appreciate it. This is just my two cents.

As far as i know there was never a clear explanation of why we could not have a full DCS Russian 4 gen fighter. i think we all would like to know the real reason.

I dying to get a Full DCS Su27 if ever:)

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Honestly i'd be more than happy with just the currently available in FC3 planes (SU-27, SU-33 and MIG-29) to be upgraded to ASM with clickable pits.

I don't think we'll ever see anything more modern of those we already have due to Russian laws being.. well... Russia!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

As far as i know there was never a clear explanation of why we could not have a full DCS Russian 4 gen fighter.

Actually a very clear explanation of why we could not have a full DCS Russian 4 gen fighter has been provided.

https://alert5podcast.podbean.com/e/scramble-04-matt-wags-wagner/

11:44 - Eastern Bloc Aircraft in DCS? :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

. . . I know the market doesn't really want those planes, they want all of the American stuff because they're all freeaboos . . .

"Freeaboos"???

Born and bred, cornfed Murican here, guess what my first module was?

KA-50

Why?

Because the Russian's have always built rugged, dependable beautiful aircraft. A Mig-29 is far more fetching than a F-16 so I share your desire, but I guess since I am a "Freeaboos", I am not allowed to like Russian aircraft???:megalol::megalol:

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Actually a very clear explanation of why we could not have a full DCS Russian 4 gen fighter has been provided.

https://alert5podcast.podbean.com/e/scramble-04-matt-wags-wagner/

11:44 - Eastern Bloc Aircraft in DCS? :music_whistling:

Thanks Sierra99!

Well we have to wait for a third party developer then, maybe the Chinese:)

Regards,

Wasserfall

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Here we goooooo ... oh no must not open the can of worms again ... must resist ...

For those that don't have the time to browse my past posts ... TLDR: Send prez Putin a letter explaining ... well I would have to link to the wall of text cause there's so many points.

http://en.letters.kremlin.ru/

http://en.letters.kremlin.ru/letters/send

If someone's serious, I'd be eager to find my old posts.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I'm sure president putin will take a hard look into this if we foreigners write enough.

tenor.gif?itemid=12046589

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Thanks Sierra99!

Well we have to wait for a third party developer then, maybe the Chinese:)

Regards,

Wasserfall

Thats probably even less likely.

At this point I think the most likely scenario is the Mig29G, its well known and documented in western sources which are at least in theory more available. If a 3rd party dev wanted to do it I think thats the most likely version.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Our hope lies on India and Chinese developers on this matter. This kind of thread pops up again and again lets hope it can open their eyes that the demand is good. Probably not as high as western aircraft but certainly could make a fortune if it they make it right.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I'm still not sure about the sales argument, first problem is that there is no high-fidelity russian counterpart so any comparison is probably not fair, how is the community going to express interest if there's nothing to buy, considering you can mod the cockpit for english letters if the cyrllic would be a really big issue for the US and other customers, I keep seeing all of these hardcore DCS players and if you're going to spend so much on a PC room setup with all the gear you're probably going to end up buying most modules right? But I may be wrong.

If not that one would want to eventually have as good of an AI to play against right at least, right ?!?!

It's all speculation but I don't get why someone who's into AIRSIM for over a decade and happens to be from USA wouldn't buy something like a full-blown Su-27. It's not like we have that many things to pick from reality, if this was a sci-fi simulator you'd have 10 times as much made-up airplanes/modules to choose from then one that would look like Su-27 would definitely have less of a chance.

I think many customers may not be apparent because this is a community with more grown up people, they don't act as vocal as the communities can be in other entertainment gaming, it's what I noticed with myself even before 2014 when I signed up here (lurked earlier, and played LOMAC back in the day ofcourse) that I routinely go into hiatus-mode with my wishes and interests many times, while in the back of my mind I'm actually always waiting, just not consciously and not constantly being reminded of it, this happened a few times and I started analyzing this phenomenon and I think it's happening out there as well, and I made a term for a person with such behavor as a "phantom customer", they're much harder to identify by the seller, which means the seller will not know they even exist. It's just any person who is occupied and does many things, not necessairly with work but with hobbies/interests and just doesn't happen to say as much when discussing, personality, no need to say more, or simply no time, but I think many unknowingly "wait" for the trigger to remind them, it gives an impression there is no demand because not enough combined talk/dust is generated.

I always thought the whole letter thing was a joke, guess not!

I'm sure president putin will take a hard look into this if we foreigners write enough.

tenor.gif?itemid=12046589

Oh you guys do remember, great, hehe, that was funny indeed because I didn't expect anyone would remember.

Actually for all what I wrote in the past about the letter idea, got a bit exhausted and never ended up looking for official info how to send one, I did this time and seems like it's far easier than I thought as it's all on the Kremlin site in english explaining how to do it via mail, and even electronically via email it's basically all ready.

And then yes, that's when it popped up, when I was reading through the rules, like I would probably need to be a Russian citizen for this to work or someone from Russia sending it, even tho there is no mention of a requirement of living in Russia or being a valid Russian citizen.

I'll figure that one out.

Edited by Worrazen
rewrote and cleared some things up, usually I forget to finish sentences

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

The sales argument is a bit bunk though. They don't actually have any modern clicky mig for sale, so there is no actual data on demand. And I don't think you can really compare something like the mig21, since the community has grown alot since then and alot of people may not want to buy it since its precived to be "old", it certainly isn't all that competitive of a plane in the aeroquake arena (unless its the cold war server that cater to it).

I think the upcoming mig-23 and JF-17 modules might be an indicator sales wise. But they both have serious issues on some fronts:

For the mig23 it will again be an outdated airframe compared the "top of the line" late 90's early 2000's era western planes like the F16/18/14. Sure its sort of better than the mig21, but its still not competitive for aeroquake. Plus that specific developer does have a serious stigma with a decent portion of the player base which will hurt sales.

For the JF-17, I honestly think the fact it has no name recognition in the west will be a major problem, and that is partly because it is modern. But I think a part of the interest in a plane is the history. Plus if they release it around the same time as the F16, I think alot of "general" players will go with the iconic plane.

I still think that there is a large pent up demand for a modern Mig29 or Su27 variant. But even a cold war version would sell reasonably well. Especially if more "older" western fighters are included. Especially if it was precieived as coming from a good dev, either ED directly or maybe HB.

In general I think the old BST sales model of releasing matched "pairs" of modules was a good strategy. But at this point, you have a rather unbalanced plane set, and that future modules should look to fill those gaps. But thats just my .02...

For the JF-17, I honestly think the fact it has no name recognition in the west will be a major problem, and that is partly because it is modern. But I think a part of the interest in a plane is the history. Plus if they release it around the same time as the F16, I think alot of "general" players will go with the iconic plane.

I think about that a little differently: I am soooooo eager for more Gen 4 (or above) modules to find their way into DCS, that I will buy them regardless of their history and level of being iconic, just to get those modern avionic systems to play with. Heck, I am far more looking forward to the Super Tucano than any MiG-23 - just sayin'.

That said, I would really love to see - and pay premium - for some export variants of modern (Gen 4 ++) Mig-29 or Su-27 derivatives by some capable and reliable 3rd party developer. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I don't disagree, but at the same time, I don't think you are gonna get anyone that is actually currently operating those upgraded Mig29 or SU27 airframes to give up enough documentation on the avionics to actually model it right.

The only reason we are getting stuff like the C hornet and the Viper is that they are considered "legacy" systems, and even then I'm sure we're not getting all the systems anyway, and dumbed down versions of the systems that we are getting in various ways.

• 2 weeks later...

It won't come from ED, but 3rd parties may. The issue is getting all the data. By data, I mean the real nitty gritty of flight envelopes and systems implementation. A run of the mill, publicly available pilot manual won't cut it, they need like a tractor trailer full of technical data.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

It won't come from ED, but 3rd parties may. The issue is getting all the data. By data, I mean the real nitty gritty of flight envelopes and systems implementation. A run of the mill, publicly available pilot manual won't cut it, they need like a tractor trailer full of technical data.

Yes but if laws change, the Russian Govt identifies this as legitimate economical and cultural segment, historical preservation, then there may be much better conditions.

Because the info around is scarse or at least to me as I probably didn't go that deep as I could (yet), I don't even know if the problem is with the laws/govt, and I think I heard it may just be the problem of customer demand/finance, but that alone just doesn't make sense IMO.