Pre-Order begins on May 24

Thacyoon

Cant get the date right and the features list keeps changing. Yeah let me head over to that pre-purchase button. ????

WIN10-64 HOME Ryzen9 3900x 4.0GHZ, 32GB DDR4, RX6800xt, 1TSSD  Reverb G2, F-14 Simpit (WIP)

Virpil Collective 60 head, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals, TM MFDs, 5 Leo Bodnar boards.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant get the date right and the features list keeps changing. Yeah let me head over to that pre-purchase button. ????

Feel Better?

Dates change, it happens. Sometimes there are typos, they happen. Feature list changes based on what ED believes they can deliver. Would you have rather them left it alone only to change it months into EA?

At least they are making changes ahead of the pre-order. You haven't parted ways with your money, so you have nothing to complain about.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

• ED Team
Date has been out since Friday and today you realize its a typo? LOL

I am guessing it was a typo, it could have been a simple change to get a better video done for the pre-order. Regardless, will you guys be ok waiting till Friday to pre-order?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

same Friday

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

@revelation They want us to click the “buy now” button and keep changing things last second. Im glad I read the features list again and the date is changed to Friday. Is it too much to ask that they maybe settle on some decisions (like the features list) or are you just stuck on being a fan boi that much?

WIN10-64 HOME Ryzen9 3900x 4.0GHZ, 32GB DDR4, RX6800xt, 1TSSD  Reverb G2, F-14 Simpit (WIP)

Virpil Collective 60 head, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals, TM MFDs, 5 Leo Bodnar boards.

This is becoming a trend of inability to coordinate and communicate. Maybe this is the reason many things in DCS take so long and generally come up short. Uncertain if this is a "lost in translation" and rightly don't care, just seems poorly communicated and that generally lends to other issues. Probably going to wait to see what is the Viper for DCS.

I agree Bull. One night the JSOW is on the list, the next its off. Then its back on there as an example. At the same time they want to get that pre purchase out there. When you pay for something, its not cool when those features get changed at the last second. This date change thing just reinforces having a little more caution before buying their product without reading some fine print (features list).

Edited by 6Gun

@revelation They want us to click the “buy now” button and keep changing things last second. Im glad I read the features list again and the date is changed to Friday. Is it too much to ask that they maybe settle on some decisions (like the features list) or are you just stuck on being a fan boi that much?

Really? There is no "buy now" button. If there is, please show me as I will most certainly click it for this highly-anticipated module.

See how you digress to calling me a fan boi as an insult? Am I a fan of DCS, yes, without a doubt. If you aren't why are you even here.

There's a difference to "blind enthusiasm" and simply a fan of a product. One can support ED / DCS without being blind to errors or having disagreements with decisions. That is a fact of life. I don't run ED so I do not get to tell them what to do based on what I want.

As a consumer you can chose to spend your money or hold it and wait until things are "perfect" for you. Some of us fully realize the work that goes into software development and cut ED some slack. As I have said, dates change and features change. You have not parted ways with your money so you have no room to complain.

Once you have actually bought something and it changes then you have room to complain.

@revelation They want us to click the “buy now” button and keep changing things last second...

They could also open the pre-order window for one week only...right before the release. Do you think that people won't complain then? I can already hear "noo!! I need time to decide! They want to rush me into a decision! Jadajadajada.."

They can write what they want, people will always complain...

Call me a fanboi but you can read by yourself how people are worried about short pre-order periods in this very thread..now they also are worried about long periods?

However, I will preorder a week before release if i like it and don't lose my nerves in the meantime.

I agree Bull. One night the JSOW is on the list, the next its off. Then its back on there as an example. At the same time they want to get that pre purchase out there. When you pay for something, its not cool when those features get changed at the last second. This date change thing just reinforces having a little more caution before buying their product without reading some fine print (features list).

That's because forum members were able to verify and post valid proof that the JSOW was available on a Block 50 Viper prior to the 2007 cutoff that ED is modeling. Would you rather ED disregard that info and just do whatever?

Feel better? That is one item out of a couple. How should we feel about handing over our money and at the last second things change? The changes mean they havent finished figuring out what to put on the plane. We should smile? Im all about things being accurate with the modules. Seems like you are defending them NOT doing their research before putting their hand out to take that cash hahahahaha. Please by all means click that button this Friday. Ill wait until the day before release.

They could also open the pre-order window for one week only...right before the release. Do you think that people won't complain then? I can already hear "noo!! I need time to decide!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That would be the best pre-purchase troll from them in DCS history.

Edited by 6Gun

Feel better? That is one item out of a couple. How should we feel about handing over our money and at the last second things change?

You haven't given ED any money yet for the F-16C Block 50 module.... As long as the product page at the time of sale is accurate, you have nothing to complain about.

I'm sure we will get more info on what VR is like in the Viper. I can read the Hornet's HUD just fine in VR so I imagine the Viper will be just fine as well.

Pre-order does start today, the exact time is unknown.

Yup, you can read all the modules HUDs even with a CV1 rift, MFD's I have to zoom in on though, but thats VR at the moment.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

That's because forum members were able to verify and post valid proof that the JSOW was available on a Block 50 Viper prior to the 2007 cutoff that ED is modeling. Would you rather ED disregard that info and just do whatever?

Rev - I don't ground attack, but I do worry that if I purchase software I have to use it how it is provided (I don't code). So if at some point in the future say the the AIM-120 is considered not available for the module or that the 9x isn't then I lose my intended use for the product. Software is not something I can re-purpose. So the concern is valid when a dev within the same 7 day period they identify a pre-order; changes the items available without clear communication. I don't re-read items stated often; I have little time to re-confirm video game items which had been communicated as included - fortunately there was no transfer of money. Maybe I am in the wrong game.

Edited: Sometimes I don't Engrish so well.

Edited by Bull0369

• ED Team
Rev - I don't ground attack, but I do worry that if I purchase software I have to use it how it is provided (I don't code). So if at some point in the future say the the AIM-120 is considered not available for the module or that the 9x isn't then I lose my intended use for the product. Software is not something I can re-purpose. So the concern is valid when a dev within the same 7 day period they identify a pre-order; changes the items available without clear communication. I don't re-read items stated often; I have little time to re-confirm video game items which had been communicated as included - fortunately there was no transfer of money. Maybe I am in the wrong game.

We provided the planned sensors and stores list well before pre-order for two reasons.

First, it allows us to be transparent and better allow clients to understand our goals for the product.

Second, there are many subject matter experts, like Viper pilots and crew chiefs, that know the aircraft better than us. There is only so much we can learn outside-looking-in (often conflicting information), and such input is invaluable and greatly appreciated. When we discover an inaccuracy, we will change it to make the most accurate simulation possible. Therefore, the first line of the page says SUBJECT TO CHANGE; we mean it. If we find further inaccuracies, we will update our list. In the end, this process results in a better product.

On a related matter, as we continue research and construct the design for the Viper’s systems (very much still in progress). During this process, we have and may later find systems that we simply do not have the data to simulate correctly or with data that we feel comfortable using. The Sniper XR TGP is a good example.

This project is still relatively early days (only really started in October of last year), and if you feel uncomfortable and a pre-order at this stage, then it in your prerogative to hold off until you are comfortable.

Thanks

I can understand that; no qualms there. My only position is until you have actually given ED money you cannot criticize the changes. There are other posters that don't want to buy the Viper if 'x' feature isn't available. I can respect that position.

If the recent changes make you weary, I can respect that as well. Simply hold off on your purchase until "rock-solid" information has been provided so that you feel comfortable buying the module.

For me, it's all good. I would much rather have had a v9 radar; it is what it is that we are getting the v5. There will probably other changes down the road; if information turns out to be scarce. The Viper will still be a great module even if by chance it turns out that it has a few less "fangs."

We provided the planned sensors and stores list well before pre-order for two reasons.

First, it allows us to be transparent and better allow clients to understand our goals for the product.

Second, there are many subject matter experts, like Viper pilots and crew chiefs, that know the aircraft better than us. There is only so much we can learn outside-looking-in (often conflicting information), and such input is invaluable and greatly appreciated. When we discover an inaccuracy, we will change it to make the most accurate simulation possible. Therefore, the first line of the page says SUBJECT TO CHANGE; we mean it. If we find further inaccuracies, we will update our list. In the end, this process results in a better product.

On a related matter, as we continue research and construct the design for the Viper’s systems (very much still in progress). During this process, we have and may later find systems that we simply do not have the data to simulate correctly or with data that we feel comfortable using. The Sniper XR TGP is a good example.

This project is still relatively early days (only really started in October of last year), and if you feel uncomfortable and a pre-order at this stage, then it in your prerogative to hold off until you are comfortable.

Thanks

Wags,

First let me say - I enjoy DCS - when I have time I enjoy it - I'm new to this game/sim - but the F-14B made by Heatblur was a pleasure to figure out. The other plane I hoped to see was the F-16C, and your 2018 end of year vid I happened to see, and well was pleased. I get that things change - I understand a fluid environment.

Thank you for clarity on the scale of the project and the difficulties you are experiencing. This is the type of information I like to know, and appreciate the time and truth. I understand I have full control of my monetary decisions, and should probably spend less time on forums. I look forward to reading more on the DCS F-16C.

Thanks for your time.

I can understand that; no qualms there. My only position is until you have actually given ED money you cannot criticize the changes.

Valid point - and with the changes made and the change to pre-order I have that time to understand the purchase information. I only came to the forums today due to no pre-order and then saw that the product had changed from the time I read the offering (a few days ago).

I didn't give them money, so I have no issue. Just tired of taking time out of my day to support a company that doesn't want to take my money.