Chuck's F-5E3 Tiger II Guide

Charly_Owl

any information about GBU laser bombing??

Needs buddy lasing or ground laser designator.

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

PDF-PART12-ADF

I'm trying to create such a beacon but with no success. Can anyone describe progress how to do it?

Put a triggerzone where you want the NDB. Name it

Add trigger, once, time more 2, radio emissiom.... configure the details, take into account that MHz and Ghz.

So if you want a NDB at 335, Ghz you should put 335.000 Mhz, AM

Still can't get it working :(

In editor:

Once->TimeMore(2)->RadioTransmission

file: none

zone: zone name

mod: am

loop: on

freq khz: 350000 (350 mhz)

power w: 10000 (10 kw) <- no idea there.... (range zone-plane ~10nm)

name: some name

In plane (F-5):

radio mode: adf

freq mode: man

freq: 350.000 (should be 350 mhz according to pdf from this thread)

nav mode: df (flag on HSI appear)

Small arrow in HSI is still caged at 90° and not moving when changing direction. What am I doing wrong?

Still can't get it (NDB beacon) working :(

In editor:

file: none

Do you have an audio file?

AFAIK you need one for ADF to work (even if it's only silence or static).

This is for the Huey but the principle is the same

You can test the ADF function using the F5 radio 'Easter egg' (hidden feature/bug) by selecting 'T' as the first digit i.e. tune into the ILS Localiser at Koblutei 111.50

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Do you have an audio file?

Well I did not. I imagined it way too simple. With file it works. Though on video trigger is set to 300 khz and I need to se 300000 khz. Thank you!

I wonder to what vehicles I can put this beacon to make mission realistic. Are there some radio brodcasting mobile stations? And also what power (W) those station usually have and what range of signal it provides. Does anyone know? Thanks a lot :)

Well I did not. I imagined it way too simple. With file it works. Though on video trigger is set to 300 khz and I need to se 300000 khz. Thank you!

I wonder to what vehicles I can put this beacon to make mission realistic. Are there some radio brodcasting mobile stations? And also what power (W) those station usually have and what range of signal it provides. Does anyone know? Thanks a lot :)

This I would be interested.

You know you can add TACAN at will too? Just modifying a Beacon file. It s really simple

You know you can add TACAN at will too? Just modifying a Beacon file. It s really simple

No I don't. I'm pretty new to all this radio stuff as I used to use simple radio before. I understand it really poorly but now with F5 I'm forced to learn this stuff because I need it for navigation in this aircraft. If you can tell me how to create TACAN beacon it would be very nice. I feel TACAN is a better way to navigate.

Edited by Andrew-76

Hi all. New DCS pilot here and looking to start with the F-5 instead of the beast that is the A10. This guide looks to be extremely helpful and I want to thank Chuck for taking the time to do it. Quick question I have though is what do you recommend the two buttons on the front of the throttle stick be mapped to? Looks like in the PDF the intended function of those two buttons has been cut off.

Anyone using a TM Warthog with this aircraft and is willing to share their profile?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just got the F-5 today, this is just what I needed, very nice work!

Same, I couldn't believe it I bought it. Initially wanted to buy NTTR but read the forum how problematic it is to install then I chose Tiger. Thanks to this guide I've been flying it alot lately. It's easy to fly and darn....I have 4 kills already in MP and it felt so good.

Thanks Chuck

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got the F-5E a few days ago. I hate to sound like some redundant fan-boy but as you've been told a thousand times, "your stuff is AWESOME!! As of today, I've spent almost as much on toner printing your guides as I have buying the modules.

Respectfully, your stuff has made this sim approachable to a whole host of new users, myself among them.

Chuck, I truly appreciate your work and recognize the effort and artistry that went into producing it.

Nordo