F-5E Wing Tip Tanks Mod

Wine

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the main visual differences between the F-5A Freedom fighter and our F-5E Tiger II is the location of the central (ventral) hardpoint, in the F-5A is more to the nose of the plane while in the F-5E is more centrally located. You can see in the next diagram and pictures.

cxajMvZ.jpg

CFzOS9j.png

ZHiKqOY.jpg

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 2 weeks later...

When I try to reinstall the mod in latest update (Beta version), I cannot select anything for the wingtips, is simply as If is not a working pylon anymore. As I kept a saved loadouts from earlier updates those work on, but I cannot create new loadouts modifying the wingtip weapons/pylons. Any idea Skate?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 2 months later...
I must be dumb or something but where can I download this mod? I cannot find a link for some reason.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3975600&postcount=62

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Always admired the F-5s that were at Williams AFB when I was going through pilot training there in 1967-68. Here are a couple pictures that I took in May 1968, showing the F-5A/B models (with tip tanks) that were there with the 4441st CCTS.

Just downloaded the free trial version to try in DCS. Takes me back to my T-38 days.

1560093610_F5FrontViewWilliamsAFB1968.thumb.jpg.92bdb4741538801016bb89cb9434365a.jpg

1521411915_F5WilliamsAFB1968.thumb.jpg.19a599680b1cef83046febc3aaa7c5e0.jpg

i have tried f5 during these days since it is free. beautiful module from my point of view with the addition of the probe for refueling would become the best aircraft for training and then move on to more complex modules such as hornet f16 or jf, however beautiful module and great flight model. I hope that some modders can add the probe and the tip tanks

Now, where can I find this livery?

So, on Youtube there's this thing called the "Description" or as some call it while pointing to the bottom of the screen the "Doobly-doo". The video maker uses it to describe the video, address the audience external to the video itself, and to place links to things that are relevant to the Content creator, or the content in the video.

As in "There's a link in the Doobly-doo."

As in, ......... Guess where you can find that skin.

can you add 4 side winders?

Yes, but they wont fire.

The necessary weapons LUA file for the F-5 is locked. If it could be edited, you could make the jet recognize the additional two AIM-9 wired hard-points on the outer wings.

I experimented with it a few years ago and could never get beyond them showing visually, but unusable.

It's a link to the roughmet mod, which I downloaded and doesn't seem to contain the livery.

So, on Youtube there's this thing called the "Description" or as some call it while pointing to the bottom of the screen the "Doobly-doo". The video maker uses it to describe the video, address the audience external to the video itself, and to place links to things that are relevant to the Content creator, or the content in the video.

As in "There's a link in the Doobly-doo."

As in, ......... Guess where you can find that skin.