3 simulators in one

Xilon_x

DCS is a very respectable and honorable air combat simulator.

thanks to all the cast of programmers thanks a 1000 thanks.

my question is that in spite of DCS, many simmers demand much more.

My desire is to work on a new type of simulator divided into 3 different sectors.

-aeronautical sector

-land sector

-and the marine sector.

3 different simulators but with a unique engine that combines them both online and in single player.

DCS is a very respectable and honorable air combat simulator.

thanks to all the cast of programmers thanks a 1000 thanks.

my question is that in spite of DCS, many simmers demand much more.

My desire is to work on a new type of simulator divided into 3 different sectors.

-aeronautical sector

-land sector

-and the marine sector.

3 different simulators but with a unique engine that combines them both online and in single player.

That was "planned" on 2012. When DCS was launched....

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

-land sector

You mean farming simulator?

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

You mean farming simulator?

yes, even in a terrestrial simulator there could be an armed tracked vehicle or even a tracked vehicle with a tractor-type loader.EX as also for example a civil vehicle that can move into an armed vehicle.

example libian civil car transformed in armed car....

this is example of a tracktor drive for a CRAZY U.s.a. man.

That's will happen when people start working together a team.

What's the problem if 3 companies work on those the aspects individually but using same Game-Engine!? And they split the income in between them all...!

Poeple are just greedy they want all for themselves...

Its not greed its just we still don´t have computers that powerful ;).

Like it was said, we barely have CPU power to calculate missiles, advanced FMs on players plane and a few avionics... why wast CPU power outside the niche when you could still improve the electronic warfaret aspect, when you could have more powerful AI (smarter), better atmospheric behaviours, beter fluid dynamics (air is a fluid)... etc... and you want to add three more different aspects?

Marine aspect would need better ocean simulation, have depths, with different temperatures and currents and biological and ambien sound to have an accurate ASW sim, plus again better electronic warfare calculations line of sight, emission power, atmospheric refraction and a gazillion more things....

Land combat would need even more powerful AI, better ballistics, albeit the easiest to incorporate...

Arma III tried very hard, and is still arcadeish, with only the infantery aspect done with full depth.. armor simulation is almost at simulation level but arial and naval are just too oversimplified to even call it a simulation...

What's the problem if 3 companies work on those the aspects individually but using same Game-Engine!?

There could even be a DCS: G-1A Goat module.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

in my opinion it is right that there must be 3 companies working on a single engine but there is a problem with the current PC technology.

3 simulators have to work on a single terrain the planet earth.the planet earth today more detailed than there is and google earth but the digitization of the planet earth is not very perfect and detailed.the whole must work online. maybe we have to wait a few more years to get this.

if there were a perfectly digitized online land online the programmers should not even make effort to create maps but they would already have them online.

Edited by Xilon_x

Homestly such a thing is probably impossible on silicon chips. I mean on a commercial level, they can, but a home PC? Not until they make some revolutionary advance that allows a processing increase of several orders of magnitude. Perhaps future carbon or quantum advancements, but that's apt to be sometime. We're very near the limits of what silicon chips are capable of already

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

the BAE system of modern pilots is based on the fact that they train on the simulator with virtual targets. therefore all this information is transferred to the real plane and the pilot passes from the simulated flight to the real one.

there is some hyper realistic game out there...unmatched graphics, immersive gameplay...highly detailed physics and all player move on the same map...in realtime...

Only negative aspect...it has limited respawn capabilites...

This is my wet dream for about two years, having full fidelity veichles like BMP, Abrams, T-90, artillery and even soldiers to make the absolute war simulator.

I thought that Combined Arms could rise its cost (about 70$) but it would become a sort of new Arma IV with full fideity tanks, veichles, soldiers and maybe ships.

Whith the addiction of WWII assets you can have more units and veichles (of course WWII assets pack have to rise its price as well).

I know i'm dreaming a lot but isn't this a whishlist?

This is my wet dream for about two years, having full fidelity veichles like BMP, Abrams, T-90, artillery and even soldiers to make the absolute war simulator.

I thought that Combined Arms could rise its cost (about 70$) but it would become a sort of new Arma IV with full fideity tanks, veichles, soldiers and maybe ships.

Whith the addiction of WWII assets you can have more units and veichles (of course WWII assets pack have to rise its price as well).

I know i'm dreaming a lot but isn't this a whishlist?

That is the direction when it's possible in DCS / Consumer PC hardware.

Cost will come by purchasing each fidelity vehicle separately or in a package perhaps.

It's all a balancing act. The next level is using the new Vulkan technology and pushing it to it's limits with DCS.

Main focus is the flight sim fm's and systems etc.

Other: Ballistics, missile FM's and flight logic etc.

I would like better weather, as long as it doesn't take away from the above. ED could easily break our pc's just with the above if they went to deep with the modeling.

The only other way is making more of a game.... with a lot less full fidelity, that might just happen.....https://www.microprose.com Run by -->David Lagettie CEO of Titan IM / VBS series of military simulation software. It's in the latest PC pilot mag.

All the full fidelity things we want are separate for that reason of depth and most are used for IRL training. DCS, Steel beasts, VBS etc.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Didn´t Microsoft go Bankrupt with Falcon 4? Are they looking for a second bankruptcy? LOL

Much more to it than that. The Wiki has a bit, when it was bought and sold over the years.

It's now owned by the CEO of VBS / TitanIM simulation , David Lagettie and working with one of the founders Stealey as seen here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MicroProse

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

That is the direction when it's possible in DCS / Consumer PC hardware.

Cost will come by purchasing each fidelity vehicle separately or in a package perhaps.

It's all a balancing act. The next level is using the new Vulkan technology and pushing it to it's limits with DCS.

Main focus is the flight sim fm's and systems etc.

Other: Ballistics, missile FM's and flight logic etc.

I would like better weather, as long as it doesn't take away from the above. ED could easily break our pc's just with the above if they went to deep with the modeling.

The only other way is making more of a game.... with a lot less full fidelity, that might just happen.....https://www.microprose.com Run by -->David Lagettie CEO of Titan IM / VBS series of military simulation software. It's in the latest PC pilot mag.

All the full fidelity things we want are separate for that reason of depth and most are used for IRL training. DCS, Steel beasts, VBS etc.

Indeed, Vulkan is much needed to have good maps even at the ground level (because right now it is fine but not good), for the rest i don't think it would break computers because ground veichle and ballistic are much more simple than an aircraft, for example if you model a full fidelity tank, the main task is to create the systems (which are not so complicate if you compare to a Hornet or a Warhog) and do the math tables for the penetration of the rounds (like War Thunder), other things like round ballistic or drive model (is this right to say? :D) are not so complicated, at least in my thought.

Secondly we already have right flight model of G-A missiles so i'd like to have something like Sam Simulator inside DCS.