How do I progress beyond the first mission?

tineras

So the opening mission, I get to hear about red flag and I'm glued to a C-130. Great, I'm expecting it to land and then I move on to the next mission. Except that the dumb plane just flies around in circles over and over and never lands and I get no instructions on how to proceed. I exit the mission and find no way to move on. I can only do that mission again.

What am I doing wrong?

Someone else reported the same issue in a different campaign - AI aircraft not landing so I think its a known problem.

You can manually skip the mission by editing your logbook with instructions in this post (it's for a different campaign but the procedure is similar).

Or you could roll back to the previous version until ED pushes a patch fix.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Someone else reported the same issue in a different campaign - AI aircraft not landing so I think its a known problem.

You can manually skip the mission by editing your logbook with instructions in this post (it's for a different campaign but the procedure is similar).

Thank you. I'll give these options a try.

So for starters, when I click on the F-5E, I don't have anything in the Missions list; not even the <up one directory> folder icon. I browsed for them manually in Explorer as I couldn't find them browsing using the My Missions Module either. Turns out they (along with my DCS installation) are on my D: which is literally inaccessible using that file system navigator in DCS. So I ended up just copying my whole Mods folder to my C: so I could navigate to it. I was finally able to see and select the missions. :noexpression:

Anyway, thanks. At least I can play them now.

"Frequently, I am unable to play content I own." -PCMasterRace

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry to resurrect this, but I finally got everything copied over to the right directory and can now see and select the missions manually. However, things are still not quite right. For example, I tried last night to play one of the familiarization missions and I couldn't do anything. There was no narration (if there should have been). My throttle was unresponsive. I was in a parking area next to some other F-5s. It was a busy scene and planes were taxiing and taking off, but I was just stuck.

Is there supposed to be some instruction? I was hoping to get some use out of the two modules I bought. I'll try some of the other missions and see if they work.

Thanks

Confirmed.

The most recent game engine update has broken the campaign. None of the voice overs or triggers appear to be working in any of the missions.

You can either roll back to a previous version or wait for the next patch update.

EDIT: Looks like we spoke too soon. On our other test systems the campaign missions are working properly. Check the module manager to see if the campaign is listed. If so, reinstall it and that should update the files to the current version. We did that on the system we found that it was broken on and that corrected it.

There was still an issue with the Arrival mission where the C-130 won't land at Nellis but we have a fix for the next patch update that will allow you to progress past that mission even if the C-130 never lands (future proofing it in case the AI gets broken again). Funny but that same C-130 Arrival mission played ok on another test machine we have. Could be MODS on the first machine that caused the issue on it.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates