Parts & Repair Thrustmaster Warthog

Good evening, this is my first post here in the forum so I want to thank the opportunity to speak with people more experienced than me!

I'm having 2 problems with my Thrustmaster Warthog.

1 - Background Lights are not lit, Firmware is up to date and I checked with friends and everything is fine but does not light up. (the 5 lights at the end of the throttle light mormally)

my doubt is it will have to ruin or sometimes not even compensate.

2 - The warthog joystick button is not working (red button - pickle). And since I am from Brazil and I believe that sending to the United States in some assistance must be financially infeasible with just the button!

my question is I tried to open up to that point where it is in the image, does anyone know the model of this button and where can I buy it? buying it fasso the repair due to that being an important button.

Thank you

Sorry, I'm using Google Translate.:thumbup:

good evening

mvohom.jpg9

Hi diegopoke,

Welcome to the forum, the only thing I could find here on the forum about this is HERE.

Looks like the easiest and cheapest way is to get thrustmaster to send you the replacement with instructions to install it yourself. Not sure if it will cost? I would start there and see how you go. If that's no good then look for a button replacement.

www.thrustmaster.com/support

OK, I got them convinced to send me the part. Now, how the hell do you take the old one out??? (I got to it inside but there are two clips holding the button on both sides and i cannot press them simultanously to get it out...) :/

I was not charged for the part nor for shipping it to me in UK. Their previous offer (I didn't go for it) was me sending the whole throttle to them and then having the costs returned but only up to £35... This means no insurance or couriering would be involved as the price then would probably exceed 35 GBP.

In my expierience, they don't. When i had to send in my throttle, they didn't charge me for sending it back and after 2 emails they recouped my expense for shipping it to france.

The Thread

Play on the fact that you live in Brasil and it will cost to much etc.

-

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I got a response from Thrustmaster and I'm really disappointed.

Paying 35.40 euro is an abuse ... will he send another one joystick ?! is something really clueless.

Dear Diego Norimbeni,

We thank you for your choice of Thrustmaster products and for reaching us regarding your issue.

For the Throttle's LEDs check the option from TARGET. When launching the TARGET GUI, on the main window, click on the throttle unit and then make sure that the horizontal slider for light intensity is all the way to the right.

If this is the case then there is nothing else that can be done to remedy the problem.

Regarding the red button from the joystick unit this is available as a part. The price of a new one is 35.40 euro, shipping fees included (to which possible customs fees might be added).

To proceed with the order reply to this email and provide us with:

1. Your complete name.

2. Your full postal address.

3. A phone number where you can be reached.

We are looking forward to your answer.

To ensure the most efficient follow-up of your query, please answer directly to this email (do not open a new ticket).

Kind regards,

Your Thrustmaster Customer Support Agent, Octavian

2 - The warthog joystick button is not working (red button - pickle). And since I am from Brazil and I believe that sending to the United States in some assistance must be financially infeasible with just the button!

What broken in this (pinky) button is the cheap made tactile copper membrane over an PCB. Don't think that because this HOTAS cost ~$400 they use good quality parts inside, they use the more cheap possible. Is the central part in the green PCB inside the plastic cup in this picture.

attachment.php?attachmentid=180208&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1519979279

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2286554&postcount=6

See in this topic that this "button" can be disassembled in several parts.

But you can replace this broken membrane with any momentary tactile switch - see suggestions in above topic, a good brand/model is OMRON B3F series, or any you find in your local market, even if generic Chinese model (from Mercado Livre) will have better quality than original from Thrustmaster.

Don't justify pay ~35 Euros (Thrustmaster support/spare parts is in France) for an "original" replacement.

And, the whole button can be replaced with a OTTO P-1 pushbutton switch, model made for military use. Although shipping for Brazil asked from eBay sellers make this option little interesting.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Otto-Pushbutton-Switch-P1-12621/202141421037?hash=item2f10914ded:g:HKoAAOSwyP5aK1ce

Edited by Sokol1_br

Sokol1_br:thumbup:

Thanks a lot, it really helped me a lot .... I'm trying to find a button of this here in Brazil and I hope I can find it, but it's difficult ... kkk

A doubt, are you Brazilian?

in your nick Sokol1_br (BR?)

Thank you

What broken in this (pinky) button is the cheap made tactile copper membrane over an PCB. Don't think that because this HOTAS cost ~$400 they use good quality parts inside, they use the more cheap possible. Is the central part in the green PCB inside the plastic cup in this picture.

attachment.php?attachmentid=180208&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1519979279

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2286554&postcount=6

See in this topic that this "button" can be disassembled in several parts.

But you can replace this broken membrane with any momentary tactile switch - see suggestions in above topic, a good brand/model is OMRON B3F series, or any you find in your local market, even if generic Chinese model (from Mercado Livre) will have better quality than original from Thrustmaster.

Don't justify pay ~35 Euros (Thrustmaster support/spare parts is in France) for an "original" replacement.

And, the whole button can be replaced with a OTTO P-1 pushbutton switch, model made for military use. Although shipping for Brazil asked from eBay sellers make this option little interesting.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Otto-Pushbutton-Switch-P1-12621/202141421037?hash=item2f10914ded:g:HKoAAOSwyP5aK1ce