SU-25T Shkval controls?

VZ_342

I was looking over the in-game cockpit of the SU25T, and haven't been able to find any controls for the Shkval system. I'd think there'd be an on/off, cursor slew, slew size, zoom +/-, maybe a brightness control...

I'm using the English cockpit mod, and see nothing of the system but the monitor itself.

Physical in cockpit, I'm uncertain where the controls are, but I doubt they reference 'Shkval'. It will tend to be a generic term. The controls in the A-10 don't reference 'pave penny' either in the same way. So look for references to electro optical systems, cameras, etc. It isn't an MFD, and most cockpit controls in Russian aircraft are analog gauges, old school switches, etc.

edit

removed unneeded text as i realised the question

Also, probably on the stick and throttle to some extent and using abbreviations

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

That's what I was hunting for, anything that referenced the controls I mentioned or similar. Parked on the ramp w/TIR copy so I had mucho time.

Did a google for any real-world pics but no luck. Lots of really neat cockpit sim efforts though!

The gate movement (crusor slew) control is in the stick, the bottom left black one. The laser On/Off is on the stick top right white button.

The gate size adjustment was IIRC in the throttle front as a wheel.

There are many missing features like automatic Shkval activation and targeting to coordinates programmed to flightplan, a automatic Shkval targeting after gimbal limits (turning back toward target where last lock was maintained) and I think the actual control for zoom (7x or 23x) is in the stick the "BVR/WVR" switch that would be so in Su-27 (stick from where it is taken). At least that way I think as you adjust gate with throttle, slew gate with stick and select zoom as well from stick and then push slew to lock or unlock gate.

The Soviet aircrafts has lots of things automated to lower the pilot tasks.

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The gate movement (crusor slew) control is in the stick, the bottom left black one. The laser On/Off is on the stick top right white button.

The gate size adjustment was IIRC in the throttle front as a wheel.

There are many missing features like automatic Shkval activation and targeting to coordinates programmed to flightplan, a automatic Shkval targeting after gimbal limits (turning back toward target where last lock was maintained) and I think the actual control for zoom (7x or 23x) is in the stick the "BVR/WVR" switch that would be so in Su-27 (stick from where it is taken). At least that way I think as you adjust gate with throttle, slew gate with stick and select zoom as well from stick and then push slew to lock or unlock gate.

The Soviet aircrafts has lots of things automated to lower the pilot tasks.

Awesome, thank you! :book:

Many of those features (especially the auto tracking after gimbal limits) have been requested by others, that would be a HUGE benefit to pilots!

Mainly I'm asking for my making a SU-25T-based cockpit, and was wondering where to put the controls for Shkval system. Laser is on the joystick, lock-on is on the throttle because those were reasonable places to put them, imho.

:joystick: