Awesome A10 HUD and JTAC video

Nickkerkwijk

I´ve seen this very interesting video of an A10 attacking a building in Afghanistan. After seeing a lot of video´s about the A10, this one has the best footage (imo) of the Hud and radio comms. I wanted to share it with you guys who didnt see it yet. I apologize if its not in the right section. :music_whistling:

${1}

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I´ve seen this very interesting video of an A10 attacking a building in Afghanistan. After seeing a lot of video´s about the A10, this one has the best footage (imo) of the Hud and radio comms. I wanted to share it with you guys who didnt see it yet. I apologize if its not in the right section. :music_whistling:

${1}

What an awesome video. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

MB: B450M Pro4

RAM: 16Gb DDR4

SSD: 500GB

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8GB

I really love these videos. It just shows how realistic Eagle Dynamics made the A-10C module.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

And does any one notice the cord that terminates into a white cube on the A10's upper canopy? What is that for?

Their version of the helmet mounted display or cuing system

HMIT

GLrYUM8cM74

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Actually I think the Hornet model will have something similar. Would be cool if they could port that over to the A-10C

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh how I’d love to have a HMIT feature in DCS. Would make finding targets much much easier

HMIT would not help finding targets, it would be much easier to point other sensors to what ever you do see.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Well the fact that you could look at a location and designate that as SPI would in fact make it much easier than slewing the SPI with a tiny mouse ball. If I look out my left or right window I can’t determine where the SPI is as that point and that’s really what I’m getting to.

Oh how I’d love to have a HMIT feature in DCS. Would make finding targets much much easier

Well the fact that you could look at a location and designate that as SPI would in fact make it much easier than slewing the SPI with a tiny mouse ball. If I look out my left or right window I can’t determine where the SPI is as that point and that’s really what I’m getting to.

Yes it would, but you have to use what we have just like he has to in the video:), not sure how old this is, same suit as we have possibly?

It's part of the fun just to make it that much harder;)

I do this in missions, you need to keep the target in sight and quickly turn onto the target and move the Target Designation box and or create a mark point etc.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Why is there a black rectangle appearing on the top left at 1:49 when he fires the gun? Classified HUD symbol? :D

It's a debrief note, indicates weapons were released, or an attempt to release occurred (aka trigger/pickle was pressed). It appears on all HUD tapes, it's not hiding anything and sadly I don't know the actual term for it.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Yes it would, but you have to use what we have just like he has to in the video:), not sure how old this is, same suit as we have possibly?

It's part of the fun just to make it that much harder;)

I do this in missions, you need to keep the target in sight and quickly turn onto the target and move the Target Designation box and or create a mark point etc.

I got into DCS because of the difficulty and realism of flying Combat Aircraft. I bought the A-10C as my first purchase in DCS and was looking forward to learning all the ins and outs of it. While I still enjoy the experience it gives “especially in VR” I know I have so much more to learn about it. I’ve only had the Hawg for a few months so yeah there’s lots to learn still but I guess my biggest issues are still finding targets and I jump from TGP /to the TAD, possibly MAV and I know I’m totally doing it wrong and have watch many videos in YouTube on the A10. It’s hard and I like it but then again....ITS HARD! I still need to find what method works best for me and stick with that. I guess I’m still in the trial and error phase of learning.

Nice shot grouping, notice the dummy people very close by that don't get hit.

Starts at 2:00 mark

Whats would it be like to be that close to a 30mm?

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Nice shot grouping, notice the dummy people very close by that don't get hit.

Starts at 2:00 mark

Whats would it be like to be that close to a 30mm?

Very nice to see what 30mm rounds do to a Humvee. Here is a video that shows wat 30mm does to an unarmed car :noexpression:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Great stuff. When I was serving in the British Army we went to a fire power demonstration in the south of the UK. This was just before the first Gulf War. The A-10 came over our heads from behind and we heard the brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr of the gun. None of us had ever heard it before and it really did sound odd. When we saw the devastation to the targets down range we were sure pleased that these things were on our side.

Great video.

• Like 1

I found it odd that after being told "all friendlies are to the North" of the target, they did a South-to-North run-in. Clearly the guys on the ground had no problem with it, but...?

I was thinking the same thing, but like you said, it didn't seem to be a big deal. I wonder how far north they were. I'm sure they trust the pilots but I mean... you can't really control ricochets? idk...very very cool video though.