DMT Mavericks - Cannot select IRMV - DCS 2.5.1

speedbird5

Updated to DCS 2.5.1. No mods installed.

Used to be able to uncage Maverick then select Sensor Switch Forward to select IRMV.

Can now only get INS mode and can't slew Maverick to DMT cursor position.

Therefore unable to fire Maverick.

I used my other DCS release version (2.5.0) and it works perfectly.

Looks like this update broke it.

Edited by speedbird5

Will this fix arrive anytime soon? Also, please fix the freaking clouds of Mordor when you place the nozzles down on the tarmac...

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

2.5.1 took awhile to come out....not to be funny....but I think it will be a couple of weeks for before the next update.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I have the same problem but I just got the module yesterday so i was following all these tutorials and it was getting very frustrating thinking I was missing something only to find out it's a bug. Would love it if they got this feature working again as im stuck only dropping bombs on guys right now and letting off a juciy maverick is half the fun with the av8b

Edited by Growling Sidewinder

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti

I also have the same issue. Sensor select IRMV won't work --- In addition my TDC up/down/forward/aft won't slew the maverick. Not good

I mean whats the first thing you do when you fly a harrier mission? Shoot something with a maverick .... this fix is much needed.

If you got Disk place, do as many of us do, have normal install and beta install, so you would be able to fly 2.5.0 until it<s fix, cuz anyways major only item there is is the moving map, but besides being way useful when you don<t don<t the map to spot airfields to land, it<s nothing that much important, anyways Course line still need work so, you<d be better in 2.5.0 and have access to the Maverick in my own opinion. :)

• 3 weeks later...
This is a known issue in 2.5.1. You'll have to use v2.5.0 to learn the AGM-65 usage until this is fixed in the beta release.

Not sure it's confined to 2.5.1. I have 2.5.0 and have not been able to get into IRMV mode regardless of how many times I spam sensor select fwd. :)

Not sure it's confined to 2.5.1. I have 2.5.0 and have not been able to get into IRMV mode regardless of how many times I spam sensor select fwd. :)

IRMV was certainly working in 2.5.0 as I've used it in that version.

IRMV is also working in 2.5.1 update 1 but might be bugged depending on loadout -

• Couldn't select IRMV with 4x Side Arm, 2x AGM-65D, TPOD and Gun Pod

• but 2x Side Arm, 4x AGM-65D, TPOD and Gun Pod worked

However in the first configuration - I used Side Arms first, while in the 2nd - I used Mavericks first, so it could be that.

Shiftie Mover has done a great 'Mavericks 101' guide to using Mavericks in 2.5.1 update 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thanks Ramsay, will take another look at it but just to clarify, here's my routine with four 4 x AGM-65D's and the TPOD:

In Weapons screen.

- Select AGM's.

- Wait for them to ready.

- Master arm, quantity, fuse.

- uncage to go into the AGM screen.

In the TPOD screen.

- Wait it to be ready.

- select standby.

- Select TDC.

- ground the target, slew, etc.

At this point have the correct view in the TPOD and AGM screens, but pressing sensor select FWD doesn't do anything i.e. AGM screen wont go to IRMV. So AGM doesn't acquire a lock and can't fire.

As said, will take another look. If I missing something, then anyone please feel let me know (I'll take it on the chin). Have checked the key binding BTW, seems OK.

Edited by A Dick

Thanks Ramsay, will take another look at it but just to clarify, here's my routine with four 4 x AGM-65D's and the TPOD:

Then uncage the AGM's. At this point have the correct view in the TPOD and AGM screens, but pressing sensor select FWD doesn't do anything i.e. wont go from INS to IRMV. So AGM doesn't acquire a lock and can't fire.

Yeah, I was having problems getting Mavericks to work in 2.5.1 update 1, sometimes they'd work other times, nothing.

Shiftie Mover seems to uncage soon after the Mavericks have cooled, not sure if important. IIRC I tested his example with 4 x AGM-65D's and the TPOD, starting with Maverick as sensor, then DTM and finally the TPOD and it worked in 2.5.1 update 1.

I think the IRMV will be uncaged before using the DMT/TPOD as ATM the seeker head follows the DMT/TPOD slews and should be pointing at the target when using SSF to switch to IRMV and attempt lock (TDC down) - AFAIK

but am not sure how much will change.

I don't recall changing quantity, fuse, etc. using Mavericks in 2.5.0 but only fired them the once (following a youtube video and chuck's guide) before 2.5.0 was updated to 2.5.1 and SSF INS -> IRMV was broken.

These are some notes I made from Shiftie Mover's video (note: I have some custom keybinds) -

Maverick as Sensor

==================

A2G Mode

RH MPCD EW

LH MPCD Stores

Select IRMV

3 min Wait Until change from 'STBY'->'RDY'

Uncage, Mav TV on LH MPCD (mav seeker tied to VV - Velocity Vector) [LWin+C]

Sensor Select FWD to make Maverick Sensor of Interest (SoI), Top LH MPCD changes from INS to IRMV [RShift+Up Arrow]

FOV to zoom in.

Find Target Area

TDC AFT to ground stablize Mav seeker [Dn Arrow]

Slew with TDC to desired target (TGT) [Arrow keys]

TDC 'Down' button [Enter] to attempt Maverick lock (cross closes on target)

Lock occours @ 6-7 nm for IR Maverick (AGM-65D), 4-3nm for CCD (TV) Maverick (AGM-65H)

DMT as Sensor

=============

Sensor Select AFT x2, to select TDC TV mode on RH MPCD

Maverick seeker head follows selected SoI (may not be correct behaviour)

Find Target Area

TDC AFT to ground stablize TDC TV [Dn Arrow]

Slew with TDC to desired target (TGT), position slightly ahead/in front of TGT (mav seeker and TV cross slightly misaligned?) [Arrow keys]

Sensor Select FWD to make Maverick Sensor of Interest (SoI), Top LH MPCD changes from TV to IRMV [RShift+Up Arrow]

TPOD as Sensor

==============

Sensor Select AFT x2, to select TV mode on RH MPCD (and cancel IR Mav as SOI)

RH MPCD Menu for TPOD

ARM TPOD, Set options as req'ed CCD/FLIR, WHot/BHot, WV/NV, +/- zoom, etc.

Maverick seeker head follows selected SoI (may not be correct behaviour)

Find Target Area and position TPOD HUD reticle

TDC AFT to ground stablize TPOD [Dn Arrow]

Fly at 90 to TGT and enable Attitude AP

Slew with TDC to desired target (TGT), position slightly ahead/in front of TGT (mav seeker and TV cross slightly misaligned?) [Arrow keys]

Sensor Select FWD to make Maverick Sensor of Interest (SoI), Top LH MPCD changes from TV to IRMV [RShift+Up Arrow]

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Probable solution!!!!!

Guys just have this issue with a friend of mine he is using a saitek X52, PLease check game controls under Communications theres an REQUEST AWACS HOME BASE with Lwin+U assigned, same as Sensor Select FWD!!!!! this caused an issue with the X52 not knowing what to do... Remove that Lwin+U from the REQUEST AWACS HOME BASE

I was always able to use my Hotas Warthog for activating IRMV

He removed that double key bind and he was able to select IRMV

I dont have issues with it and my friend any more

Edited by alfredo_laredo

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

Good stuff Ramasy and Alfredo. Will give it go when next in game and drop an update post in this spot.

UPDATE: Alfredo, spot on buddy. In the default settings LWin + U keys are double bound. Cleared the key binding for REQUEST AWACS HOME BASE and problem solved. Worked like a charm. Thanks.

Edited by A Dick

Probable solution!!!!!

Guys just have this issue with a friend of mine he is using a saitek X52, PLease check game controls under Communications theres an REQUEST AWACS HOME BASE with Lwin+U assigned, same as Sensor Select FWD!!!!! this caused an issue with the X52 not knowing what to do... Remove that Lwin+U from the REQUEST AWACS HOME BASE

Good find.

Just wonder what then had to be changed in the .dll file.

One problem though...

I had 2 x IRMV and 2 x TVMV.

Once both IRMV where fired, I still got a frozen IR image on the MFD from the last fired IR-Maverick.

I ahd to push some switches and buttond to initialise the TVMV MFD, but cannot remember the sequence to do so - seems like a bug.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Good find.

Just wonder what then had to be changed in the .dll file.

One problem though...

I had 2 x IRMV and 2 x TVMV.

Once both IRMV where fired, I still got a frozen IR image on the MFD from the last fired IR-Maverick.

I ahd to push some switches and buttond to initialise the TVMV MFD, but cannot remember the sequence to do so - seems like a bug.

FinnJ

Here's my intuition on this bug. Maybe recaging the Maverick after the IRMVs are depleted and you get the frozen screen and then uncaging the TVMVs will enable the sight picture from the TVMVs.

Can you give this a go for me and relay any feedback please?

I tried the Mav training tonight and got 3 off the rails in succession the 4th borked and a reset of the weapon selector cured it

Edit: as Finn J described is what happened with my 4th Mav

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Probable solution!!!!!

I'm so glad you posted that. I've tried everything I could think of. I looked for conflicts but it only showed me SSF when I hit Lwin+U. I figured that was not the problem. When I looked up "AWACS HOME BASE" there it was.

I unassigned it and presto.

I can not fix this. I removed the Lwin + U from the communication command Request AWACS Home Airbase but the sensor Select FWD line remains grayed out. Anybody know how to fix this?

Edited by Rocky49

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

fixed it by deleting Harrier Keyboard map in Saved games, reboot DCS and it repopulated the keyboard file All Good

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

• 10 months later...
Probable solution!!!!!

dammit!%$$$#$$%

I am so happy and pissed at the same time,, this caused me grief for many days, only to find the menu is all bugged ,,, same command is double in mine too! nightmare!!!

thank you guys,, I know this thread is older, but finding it through an Internet search,, is great! how and why did this stupid thing happen to us! :cry:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Same problem on me too

eventhough i have successfully used IRMV on AV-8B several times, Using DMT or TGP, but sometimes it just couldn't be launched eventhough i press uncage IRMV -> Sensor Select FWD to IRMV -> TDC action several times.

including above problem, i think AV-8B has extremely poor quality & lots of bugs.

Edited by Showtime100