Disappointing performance drop, 2.5 & 2.5.1

I've noticed a significant loss of performance under certain situations in both versions 2.5 and 2.5.1, such as the TGP being turned on, etc. causing FPS tp drop from 60 to 45 with accompanying stutters.

This is with both SLI on, and with it off. I'm at sort of a loss due to having a very high-end computer: 8700K @ 5.3ghz, 32GB DDR4, and (1) or (2) 1080Ti's depending if I'm using SLI or not.

Sometimes with the TGP or Maverick seeker on, the FPS makes its way back up to 60, until I fly with the sun in view, then it will drop back to 45. I've always been able to manage a solid 60 FPS under any/all circumstances with maxed out setting and even rear view mirrors on. This problem, notably, is with deferred shading both on and off. I'd characterize it as a frequently inconsistent FPS.

I've noticed quite a few people posting similar circumstances.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

Yea, I have notice a 20 fps drop in both on my rig as well.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Yea, I have notice a 20 fps drop in both on my rig as well.

I’m hoping with the update including the F/A-18C comes improvements to performance.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

• ED Team

hi

Keep an eye on your overclock, is dcs pushing it to hard? do you see any core drop or throttling when DCS is running?

If possible add your dcs.log and dxdiag we will take a look

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

hi

Keep an eye on your overclock, is dcs pushing it to hard? do you see any core drop or throttling when DCS is running?

thanks

I’ll attach those tonight when I get home. However, I’ve never had issues prior to 2.5 and 2.5.1. My CPU is solid and temps always in the 50c range during high-moderate loads. I’ve noticed several others report similar performance issues. 1.5.8 is solid with consistent 60FPS.

• ED Team

1.5.8 and 2.5 are different beasts all together, 2.5 is and will be more demanding on your system, so it is worth checking the core performance just to rule it out as an issue.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

hi

thanks

Here you go (Attached).

DxDiag.txt

Your spec is beast but why only has 60fps at beginning. My 3.3G cpu and 1070 has better fps than that.

My 4k Monitor's refresh rate is 60FPS

hi

thanks

When I attempt to attach the dcs.log, states *Inavalid file*

I attached both to my One Drive:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmLTEDnJTQBAgaIo4zM9DkyGeVWFPw

with Vsync(or adapt Vsync) on? DCS engine cap the render util up-limit.

I have same problem with FPS caper.

Try without Vsync. will the TGP-on drops the fps from hundreds to 45 as well?

If it works not too bad without sync. Maybe you should try fast sync. It should work better in this situation.

I also heard people has problem with SLI.

with Vsync(or adapt Vsync) on? DCS engine cap the render util up-limit.

I have same problem with FPS caper.

Try without Vsync. will the TGP-on drops the fps from hundreds to 45 as well?

If it works not too bad without sync. Maybe you should try fast sync. It should work better in this situation.

I also heard people has problem with SLI.

I use G-SYNC

Do you have "Cockpit Display Res" set to "xxx every frame" ?

If so, this is a huge FPS eater

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

I have a rather old system compared to those that are at the 'cutting edge" today, yet I am not having the issues with performance that these newer systems appear to be experiencing. In all honesty , with my current system I am enjoying both the 2.5.1 in all three theaters. Even in Normandy, even though the FPS are not as high as the FPS that most people seek or demand, my flights are smooth with very rare stutters". I fly single player exclusively. Would like to know what percentage of DCSW users are having such issues as the OP has . Almost seems to be more system related than DCS code. Yes, we are all focusing on the Beta, but then one should expect "bugs" in a Beta and help ED find those "bugs". But, does it seem reasonable that ANY release will work equally well on ALL systems? I think not.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Folks, just went from 2.5 release version to 2.5 OB to be "prepared" for the upcoming FA/18 release. What I immediately noticed is that 2.5 OB is giving me troubles again in getting into MP gameplay... To be more clear, the critical part of extremely low FPS/freeze is back when selecting role/airframe on a specific MP server... (with 2.5 stable this issue was all gone)

the Sim needs at least 1 min to get fluid again / getting back acceptable FPS in the 40 to 65 FPS range...

any clue for that ? whats the big difference here betwenn 2.5 Stable and 2.5 OB ? I didnt change any settings now with the 2.5 OB .. preload radius is set to approx 50%

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

I've pretty much had it with the game at this point until there's another significant release. I've wasted far too many hours the last two weeks fighting with crashes, lag, stutters, you name it. This game used to run like a charm but even since 2.0 performance has steadily declined. Now it's basically unplayable. And not much in the way of acknowledgement or updates from the devs on this.

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

I've wasted more time on messing with graph settings in 2.5/2.5.2 then flying with the HTC Vive. Bought an 1080ti, on VR preset I still got stutters (PD 1.0). (Empty missions)

Reinstalled windows, did all the tips&trick found on this forum... nothing helps.

DCS is the only thing that my computer doesn't run smooth :huh:

Asus Maximus Formula V, i7-2600k, 16gb DDR3 1866mhz, Samsung 840 EVO SSD, Gigabyte GTX 1080TI, HTC VIVE, Windows 7 Ultimate

[ i7 8700K@5Ghz (LC) - GTX 1080 TI (LC) - 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 - Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 - Samsung 970 PRO NVME SSD - LG 34" Ultra Wide - HTC Vive - Virpil MongoosT-50/WarBRD Base ]

Your processor is most likely the bottleneck in that rig; that's also relatively slow memory these days, both of which DCS leans very heavily on for physics calculations. Open your resource manager while a track is playing in the background and background and see if either are pegged.

You may see some improvement as Vulkan is implemented but there is still no firm timeline on that. :dunno:

I've wasted more time on messing with graph settings in 2.5/2.5.2 then flying with the HTC Vive. Bought an 1080ti, on VR preset I still got stutters (PD 1.0). (Empty missions)

Reinstalled windows, did all the tips&trick found on this forum... nothing helps.

DCS is the only thing that my computer doesn't run smooth :huh:

Asus Maximus Formula V, i7-2600k, 16gb DDR3 1866mhz, Samsung 840 EVO SSD, Gigabyte GTX 1080TI, HTC VIVE, Windows 7 Ultimate

Check with MSI afterburner etc

I was doing some testing to check the GPU was getting well fed.

Everything maxed 2.5 beta, stock clock on GPU, running process lasso set to 4 main cpu cores. As you can see in the pic, they do get used, one way more that others still, you could be hitting the wall feeding that GPU maybe.

Your processor is most likely the bottleneck in that rig; that's also relatively slow memory these days, both of which DCS leans very heavily on for physics calculations. Open your resource manager while a track is playing in the background and background and see if either are pegged.

You may see some improvement as Vulkan is implemented but there is still no firm timeline on that. dunno.gif

4900.thumb.jpg.1cc99b8a97fc6ebd82918d4a359686e2.jpg

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Check with MSI afterburner etc

I was doing some testing to check the GPU was getting well fed.

Everything maxed 2.5 beta, stock clock on GPU, running process lasso set to 4 main cpu cores. As you can see in the pic, they do get used, one way more that others still, you could be hitting the wall feeding that GPU maybe.

Thanks, I checked and did some short testing.. this is how things look like when flying:

gpuusage.jpg

Some CPU data while flying (HyperThreading OFF):

2600k_HToff.jpg

Time to upgrade ? :huh::unsure:

kTL30o

Edited by BrainFart0

[ i7 8700K@5Ghz (LC) - GTX 1080 TI (LC) - 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 - Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 - Samsung 970 PRO NVME SSD - LG 34" Ultra Wide - HTC Vive - Virpil MongoosT-50/WarBRD Base ]

I've noticed a significant loss of performance under certain situations in both versions 2.5 and 2.5.1, such as the TGP being turned on, etc. causing FPS tp drop from 60 to 45 with accompanying stutters.

This is with both SLI on, and with it off. I'm at sort of a loss due to having a very high-end computer: 8700K @ 5.3ghz, 32GB DDR4, and (1) or (2) 1080Ti's depending if I'm using SLI or not.

Sometimes with the TGP or Maverick seeker on, the FPS makes its way back up to 60, until I fly with the sun in view, then it will drop back to 45. I've always been able to manage a solid 60 FPS under any/all circumstances with maxed out setting and even rear view mirrors on. This problem, notably, is with deferred shading both on and off. I'd characterize it as a frequently inconsistent FPS.

I've noticed quite a few people posting similar circumstances.

Hi this really concerns me as im about to buy a new laptop that has almost the same specs - SLI

8th Generation Intel® Core™ i9-8950HK

Windows 10 Home 64bit English

32GB DDR4-2666MHz, 2x16GB

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 OC with 8GB GDDR5X

now Im pretty worried its not gonna run the game flawlessly as i would expect especially when i consider how much its costing me. No one seems to have any info on how this core performs. Do you get 60fps on the release version because im not really interested in the beta??