ForceFeel seat - Page 26 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-07-2019, 09:59 PM   #251
ItaLiaNKiinG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazex View Post
I just got tired of this and tried sending an email to support@realteus.com - but got a response that their MX record does not exist (so their mail domain is gone / locked down).

So I guess that they are gone now - with our money.
Contact your bank's fraud department.
ItaLiaNKiinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:20 AM   #252
Tinkickef

Just sent an email of my own demanding a refund within seven days. Email could not be delivered same as previous poster.
Contacting my credit card company today.

I reckon the guy took the thick end of 50,000 euros. If it was fraudulent, which changing terms and conditions on existing contracts to "pledges" to buy time certainly is, then he will likely do jail time. Certainly it is obtaining money by deception.
I can't say I have much sympathy.

To those considering the same action, you will need to compose and send an email to "Realteus support" a bit of an oxymoron there, and send a carbon copy to your own email address at the same time.
This way you have proof of your email demanding a refund for non service of contract and your email providers receipt stating that reateus support is no longer available.

In this way you have proof that you exhausted all means to get a refund.
System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Last edited by Tinkickef; 12-09-2019 at 02:39 PM.
Tinkickef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:17 PM   #253
Tinkickef

Money refunded by credit card company. They requested I keep hold of all the printouts of the invoice and receipts ect, plus the emails and non delivery receipt from outlook I made; to help any future investigation.

Been doing a bit more digging into this character. He allegedly owned Gametrix until a couple of years ago, or says he did and allegedly has a degree from Southampton university in marketing.

He is no clueless gamer that had a great idea but not the knowledge to run a business....

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/tomasjandecka
System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:47 PM   #254
ItaLiaNKiinG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkickef View Post
Money refunded by credit card company. They requested I keep hold of all the printouts of the invoice and receipts ect, plus the emails and non delivery receipt from outlook I made; to help any future investigation.

Been doing a bit more digging into this character. He allegedly owned Gametrix until a couple of years ago, or says he did and allegedly has a degree from Southampton university in marketing.

He is no clueless gamer that had a great idea but not the knowledge to run a business....

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/tomasjandecka
I'm glad you were able to get a refund, I'm going to wait until the 20th of this month and then I'll be doing the same thing.
ItaLiaNKiinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:32 AM   #255
Tinkickef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazex View Post
It really saddens me to see a company that at least initially wanted to make a niche product for our narrow market fail so badly.

If they just would have updated their blog with a post every month at least, stating what is happening(assuming they are actually planning to produce the product) - they would have a completely different situation. Anyone doing research on the Realteus seat now will find this thread and all the angry replies on their Facebook page...

November has passed and the page still says "Estimated delivery November".
My opinion and one I held for a while now is it was essentially a type of ponzi scheme, where he needed to order a minimum amount of units for a factory to be interested.. let's say 500 units.

He did not have the money to put out up front so he took pre orders. Unfortunately he did not get near 500 "investors" this time around and there was insufficient funds to place the order.

All this "making improvements at the factory that is holding things up" in my view were all lies. He likely did not ever intend to advise the factory to begin production until he had 500 orders, hence the last big push where he changed the wording on his site from pre order to "pledge".

I reckon this was to make it look more attractive to alternative finance options.
I reckon that finance deal fell through because the bank realised what a scheme he was running, not pledged money, but he was holding onto innocent customers actual money.

I really do believe he intended to deliver and did not intend to con anyone, but got caught up in his own web of deceit as he tried to cover up his failing business. He simply could not afford for anyone demanding a refund, so started making fraudulent statements so as to not discourage new customers signing up.

Trouble is, it appears he has now done a runner with the cash he did bring in. He had a poor and risky business model with no failsafe option and turned himself into a criminal through constantly making untrue statements in order to reach his 500 goal.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by Tinkickef; 12-10-2019 at 06:43 AM.