** DCS: F-14 Development Update - September!! **

Cobra847

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it really was, it leaked all the time, wires and computers were constantly breaking, I worked on Deltas but even some of them had this old brittle Capton wiring that would break.

Were those perhaps the conversions from A's, i.e. F-14D®'s? Were the newly made D's noticeably better regarding the maintenance hours compared to the A/B's?

@Heatblur: What's the state of the flight manual? It would be nice if something could be released prior to the actual release so we can learn some basics, work on the HOTAS programming, etc.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Were those perhaps the conversions from A's, i.e. F-14D®'s? Were the newly made D's noticeably better regarding the maintenance hours compared to the A/B's?

@Heatblur: What's the state of the flight manual? It would be nice if something could be released prior to the actual release so we can learn some basics, work on the HOTAS programming, etc.

It would be great, but I doubt they could present a manual so "soon", mainly because the Tomcat really has a lot of stuff, avionics, instruments, equipment and fetures wise.

There really is a lot of information to be compiled together in a manual.

I'm eagerly awaiting for it, for instance to see about the different AIM-9 employment modes (avionics features) in the F-14A (post #27 of the link) :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192525&page=3

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

It would be great, but I doubt they could present a manual so "soon", mainly because the Tomcat really has a lot of stuff, avionics, instruments, equipment and fetures wise.

There really is a lot of information to be compiled together in a manual.

Yes, of course, I didn't expect the complete manual to be ready, but some early chapters or quick guides for e.g. startup, take-off, landing, maybe even some weapon employment basics.. It can even be some unfinished version with missing chapters. But, anything is better than nothing :)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Yes they were conversions, and they were better maintenance wise, at least electrically. They still used the same computers though. A big help was when we upgraded the pitch ,roll, and yaw computers and scadc. They didn't break nearly as much, but those were typically easy fixes any ways, but if you didn't have the part you would have to take it from another bird, which was a pain.

Hawkeye

VF-213 CO

VCVW-11

http://www.vcvw-11.com

Heatblur F-14 SME

Yes, of course, I didn't expect the complete manual to be ready, but some early chapters or quick guides for e.g. startup, take-off, landing, maybe even some weapon employment basics.. It can even be some unfinished version with missing chapters. But, anything is better than nothing :)

just wait for Chuck Guide :)

Chuck bases his guides largely on the manual that comes with it (next to public available info). In his guides he just gives the most essential information; This is the system and this is how it works period. So if there is no manual that tells him how it works he cant really make his guide, can he :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Chuck bases his guides largely on the manual that comes with it (next to public available info). In his guides he just gives the most essential information; This is the system and this is how it works period. So if there is no manual that tells him how it works he cant really make his guide, can he :D
Not really. He did a guide for the hornet ;)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

As someone who mainly fly's on my own, the whole Jester thing is something I am particularly looking forward to.

+1. Exactly my sentiment.

Also, I'd be disappointed (for Heatblur) if this module sold for anything less than $79. I mean, you guys deserve all the revenue you can get for this baby! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

But, he bases that on using the module and the manual. Unless he's part of the HB test team, his guide will be released after the module has already been available which kind of beats my point.

Pretty much sums up the DCS fan base as a whole (at least the vocal segment).

Dont announce release dates if you wont make them then, let alone be almost two years late. This “frustration” is warranted. Everyone is still excited though.

Dont announce release dates if you wont make them then, let alone be almost two years late. This “frustration” is warranted. Everyone is still excited though.

If they didn't announce release dates, you'd be criticizing them for not making progress or not keeping you all posted. :dunno:

When it comes to the vocal DCS fan base, there's just no winning.

you guys are funny, HA HA HA...making photos of a real Tomcats Front Cockpit and pretending as if its a textured one...very funny ;)

I hope you guys understand black humor :)

Actually those "real" photographs are all fake and just screenshots of the HB model rdlaugh.png

Well, that leads to the conclusion that someone must have a time machine...

Half-Life ³ confirmed! luna-trcv.png

EDIT @Swither CHECK PM please.

It would be fantastic if you could, by raising the bar it could start a ffb revival in joystick hardware.thumbup.gif

Give a try on ebay (.com/.de/.co.uk) as you can find plenty of them and some of them are sent internationally as well. Maybe the community can help you with one, either by purchase in their country and send it to you.

I'll keep my eyes open for a bargain.

Shouldn't be too hard to raise the funds in the community to get that done. I'd donate a bit for that effort...

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

These cockpit textures are the reincarnation of awesomeness....fantastic work !

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

To all complaining about release dates yada yada; Y'all just a bunch of crybabies with less patience then my mom when she told me dinner was ready now.

Lmfao dude! Was going to say something too but u nailed it my man.

If I get a tomcat in my stocking Xmas morning would be the best day ever. I’m not sure how i will find any time for the hornet once this thing comes out.

I’m not sure how i will find any time for the hornet once this thing comes out.

I can answer that. You're not going to find any more time for the hornet. :thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

What's the release date for F14 Tomcat?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

What is the 27 days countdown on the landing page? Release or preorder?

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate