Super Flanker

SuperKungFu

• ED Team

Actually, considering the length of this movie, and that the effects, although they look cool, they're all basically just filters which are applied and custom made ( i think so anyway )..

Once he has estasblished the look of the movie, he just uses the same filters over and over, but of course he tweaks it to look different, and an experienced "after effects" user shouldn't have much trouble doing this quite quickly.

But it really is impressive... Heat blur, realistic glow and blurrines of light sources... and the colorful lines and shapes that move across the screen is quite cool.

yeah he's a pro allright! :P

Once he has estasblished the look of the movie, he just uses the same filters over and over, but of course he tweaks it to look different, and an experienced "after effects" user shouldn't have much trouble doing this quite quickly.

It may seem basic to you but it's his creativity that makes this video shine. The detail, music and camera angles are impressive. Pure quality!

When watching this video. One gets the impression that it was filmed by a professional camera man.

Let's see you do a super flanker movie that can top this ;)

• ED Team
It may seem basic to you but it's his creativity that makes this video shine. The detail, music and camera angles are impressive. Pure quality!

When watching this video. One gets the impression that it was filmed by a professional camera man.

Let's see you do a super flanker movie that can top this ;)

haha, i've barely scratched the top lid of what "after effects" can do, and there's no way in hell i'll be able to compete to this guy's level of editing. At least not yet.

And the camera moves is also very well done, it's not just shaking, it moves as it was filmed by hand. Could be animated manually in After Effects, or he used a plugin.

His camera angles and zooms are also very well done, every shot is done from an angle you could expect to see in real life (either from the ground-up, or attached to the jet).

And the heat blur... man, that has to be on my "Next to learn"-list. :P

Hey guys,

I realized I do have an account on here, although Ive barely used it, and I could'nt remember the password (remembered password to old email account) so here I am.:bye_2:

Thanks so much for the compliments and everything, I really appreciate it. I had alot of fun making this, and I'm getting alot of positive feedback. I'm definitely going to make a few more flight sim films (already started on another one;)).

Does this person never sleep???:huh:

You aquire all sorts of odd habits when you're in college, including very strange sleeping patterns, and excessive amounts of boredom.:)

Lenny

• 4 months later...

I'm bumping this one. One of the best I've seen so far*. :thumbup:

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.