Altitude Limits for Trigger Zones

Oh-Zee

Is there a way to set it up in the mission editor to allow altitude to be a factor in a trigger zone. I would like to limit the trigger zone to only trigger if aircraft are above 500ft as an example. I'm working on a mission I would like to employ this in. I've tried flags on & off and changing value of the flag if above a certain altitude, but can't get anything to work. Once I add items to the conditions it simply doesn't work. This is what I want to do, place red aircraft ready to start if blue enters trigger zone if it's above 500ft, so you can slip in and kill a radar unit and shut down all other red aircraft on the map. I want to swoop in under 500ft and kill the radar so it can't warn others of the intrusion. Thanks for the help if any......

• 1 month later...

Pretty sure I tried that and it worked as long as there were no other aircraft. I tried this on the NTTR map, but the mission in on the Persian Gulf map. I'm going to set everything up on that map for the experiment. Will let you know what the results are.

As you want 500 feet, be sure to use AGL ALTITUDE, rather than just ALTITUDE, as the latter is MSL.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

So I set it up so the target radar is at 0 ft elevation and a trigger zone representing the EWR's detection range. While it worked, the altitude in the condition doesn't work at 500 ft. It only detected me once I broke 1800 ft.

I tried both AGL and just altitude, same result.

So I set it up so the target radar is at 0 ft elevation and a trigger zone representing the EWR's detection range. While it worked, the altitude in the condition doesn't work at 500 ft. It only detected me once I broke 1800 ft.

Unless I’m misunderstanding you, the EWR’s detection ability is limited by line-of-sight. So range and terrain will determine detection altitude, not the trigger zone.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

500 * ~3 = 1800.

ME triggers work in metric, no matter your settings.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 1 month later...