Is my Hog broken?

Lee1

I've been having trouble setting ripples up and I thought I had it fixed. I set it up on the normal "PROF" page and nothing happens, the message remains single bomb in the centre of the display. On checking, it is correctlt filled in as riple single, six bombs, 125 feet spacing. I persist in trying and eventually a blank prof comes up and I fill it all in again and, bingo, works as advertised, centre of DSMS display says rip single, 6 bombs, 125 feet spacing.

It's obviously me, I may be missing something important but I'm sure the Manual and the video say go into the page, set it up and drop bombs.

HAve I missed something or do I need to uninstall my Hog and re install it because something has gone wrong.

Very frustrating, thought I had it licked but it seems not.

Any help would be appreciated. Meanwhile, AAR is a complete mystery and I've tried to hook up for hours and always lose ot at the last second!!

Thanks in advance.:(:(

• ED Team

Add a short track replay we will take a look, many experienced hog users here happy to help

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I think I've got the hang of it now. It doesn't work if I input it straight into the "prof" but if I select the weapons first (highlighted in white) and then fill in the "prof" with the ripple info, it works. Obviously that's what I'm supposed to do and I missed that in the manual.

Thanks, Emmy. That's where I was going wrong. Was selecting weapons to deliver on the DSMS page not using the hotas keys. Tried it, works like a charm.

You can also do the same on the PROF subpage of the DSMS page. There you can activate the profiles, just like you do with DMS right/left. There is of course no need to do it that way, as it is much more comfy to use the HOTAS to do so.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You can also do the same on the PROF subpage of the DSMS page. There you can activate the profiles, just like you do with DMS right/left. There is of course no need to do it that way, as it is much more comfy to use the DMS.

Yes, I'd discovered that one. As you say, much easier to just enter it and use the HOTAS!

Excellent!

Hi Guys.

I'm new to DCS and I've downloaded your Range objects to put in. I'm runni9ng a stable version and can't find exactly where to put the files.

Can you help me at all.

I've registered on your site but still awaiting the e-mail to activate so I can't ask there as yet.

Thanks

Edited by Lee1

Hi Emmy.

I'm new to DCS and I've downloaded your Range objects to put in. I'm runni9ng a stable version and can't find exactly where to put the files.

Can you help me at all.

I've registered on your site but still awaiting the e-mail to activate so I can't ask there as yet.

Thanks

The 476th range object go into your Saved Games DCS folder. Just open up the rar/zip and as soon as you get to the folder in there called “Mods” drag that into the DCS directory in your Saved Games

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Next dumb quastion, done that. Started the sim and can't find a range sortie showing.

Where will it show up please?

In the mission editor, under static objects>Structures

the 476th also has an NTTR range template with all the correct targets and NAVAIDS avaiable for download of their website that you can find here: http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=403

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]