(DDCS)Dynamic DCS, True Unpredictable Perpetual War

Drexx

I like this server but I get my ass kicked so fast. It's like there are people that spend every waking moment of their lives on these servers. I'm shot down for the 3rd time and I'm forced to find something else to do, it happens so quickly I stopped playing on this server. I have to get much better before I come back.

That is probably due to the lack of your skills... Join a squadron that operates within your TimeZone and get some proper training there. And ofc you will get wingmans to cover your 6 :pilotfly:

The server is great and I actually like the idea that you have to be on Discord as it makes teamwork much better. No more Singleplayer pilots on the Multiplayer servers :megalol:

I like this server but I get my ass kicked so fast. It's like there are people that spend every waking moment of their lives on these servers. I'm shot down for the 3rd time and I'm forced to find something else to do, it happens so quickly I stopped playing on this server. I have to get much better before I come back.

It can be a huge challenge, for sure. The enemy CAP is definitely trying to kill you, and is usually damned good at it. If you're trying to fly CAS or SEAD missions, you gotta have competent CAP, or it's going to be a long night...

Teamwork is so important on this server. Everyone matters. SEAD/CAS can't do jack without CAP (unless you're Lt.Hicks, he's his own CAS-CAP), CAP needs sling loaders for EWR (especially on red for SU-27 datalink), CAS needs sling loaders to put units on bases, everyone needs everyone else.

It's by far, the most fun server to play on, but it can be a real challenge.

Well done Drex! Thank you for all your hard work, now shutup and take my money!

takemymoney.jpg

I can't wait to see what awesome ideas you have coming for the points / resources system.

Edited by Banzaiib

Is there a SRS server? Usually am already on a private discord with my wingman so can't be in both channel.

Wow, such landing, much no gear, so slide...

T.16000M FCS HOTAS

Owned : Flaming Cliff 3 | Mig-21Bis | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C | F-5E | Mirage 2000c | F-14B | Ka-50 | JF-17

Wishlist : F-4 | Mi-24 | MiG-23 | F-15E | F-16

Dev. Wishlist : Tornado | Mirage F1 | MiG-25 | F-104 | Étendard/Super Étendard | Saab 35 Draken | JAS-39 Gripen A

Yes there is a SRS server but you need to be in a voice discord channel on the DDCS server, you can use the private channels in the DDCS server, this is how I get everyone to communicate, its also how I keep in touch with people that are offline with updates and features, its my community system. I also have audio cue system that runs through bots and I run that through the discord system.

This has also upped the quality of players and the server itself, a huge win win.

P.S. I setup channels for every squad too, so they can run comms in their own channels.

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

Fair enough, I see your point.

Wow, such landing, much no gear, so slide...

T.16000M FCS HOTAS

Owned : Flaming Cliff 3 | Mig-21Bis | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C | F-5E | Mirage 2000c | F-14B | Ka-50 | JF-17

Wishlist : F-4 | Mi-24 | MiG-23 | F-15E | F-16

Dev. Wishlist : Tornado | Mirage F1 | MiG-25 | F-104 | Étendard/Super Étendard | Saab 35 Draken | JAS-39 Gripen A

DDCS upgrade tomorrow for the F/A-18C will go as the following.

1. F/A-18C added to most bases on BOTH sides

2. aircraft carriers will be placed for F/A-18C with slots also.

You may kill the aircraft carriers, but they will come back when the server restarts. I am working on a future system that will let you build factories and shipyards to build the ships and control them, but this is a bit far off, so until then these are static test Navys (you may kill them and use them as a base in the water)

Should be a lot of fun!

Edited by Drexx

F/A-18C is now on the server(over 90 client slots BOTH Red & Blue), there are also 1 blue and 1 red carrier with them on it. Server is coming back up now, the grave cache of models are back, If you have issues getting in, please download this mission file and load it first to precache the server mission file, then connect, it should help people connect to it a lot faster, then the cache graveyard should cut the stutters by alot, I am still on the fence on what to do with long range sams that lag, well see, https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gqeppu2jsed7jh/DynamicCaucasus_1.22_FA-18C-Carriers_ADDED.miz?dl=0

Patch 2.5.2.18736 is now on the server, (also great progress on hardcore server last night, actually populated a map with units already, need to code in the changes I have been talking about though, how the life system works, building a command center on a neutral base, etc)

Will you be adding any long-range AA missiles such as the R-77, R-27ET/ER, or AIM-120 to the server? I enjoy the added challenge and required skill of dodging the better missiles.

Drex is working on a hardcore server, and I've heard rumors all weapons will be available.

Personally, i like the effect limiting the a-a weapons has on the gameplay. There are more dog fights / furballs, and the Mirage, Mig-21, and F-5 at least have a chance to get work done. If you've ever watched the tracks of the Red Flag multiplayer fights, it's a spamraam fest, which is boring (to me). At least with r-27r's and Aim-7's you have to close within 10 miles, usually much closer.

I jumped on for the first time yesterday, awesome server. Got a good ass-beating from the good pilots out there, but fun nonetheless.

Is there a certain end date/condition where it is determined which side wins and then the map resets or is it really endless? :D

I jumped on for the first time yesterday, awesome server. Got a good ass-beating from the good pilots out there, but fun nonetheless.

Is there a certain end date/condition where it is determined which side wins and then the map resets or is it really endless? :D

It lasts until all of the bases are captured by one side, and then the map is reset. Each round normally lasts a week or two (sometimes less, sometimes more). You can see the current map status here: http://dynamicdcs.com/#/DynamicMap?name=DynamicCaucasus

• 2 weeks later...

Blue won last map rotation, map reset for 2.0 engine

Standard server is updated to 2.5.2.19273.411 openBeta

Welcome to the new DDCS engine 2.0 that has been testing on hardcore server

* new life system, you start with 12 life points, EVERYTHING has a life.

1. CAP uses 6 life resource points on takeoff

2. CAS uses 3 life resource points on takeoff

3. mistrals take 2 life resource points on takeoff

4. everything that use to be free is now 1 point(1 point = 10 mins)

* no side can have more than 25 players each

* protocol now talks at 20+ packets per sec to external server (instead of 2.. lol)

* massive optimizations

* complete rewrite of sync system

* keep an eye out for bugs and let me know when you find them, we did test this a lot but it was just 3 of us

Will you be adding any long-range AA missiles such as the R-77, R-27ET/ER, or AIM-120 to the server? I enjoy the added challenge and required skill of dodging the better missiles.

The absence of 90s weapons is the main reason I'd play this server!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence