Next purchase?

Linhael

Hello.

I play DCS for a while and allready became big fun. Started with Flaming Cliffs (really like those planes but sadly no clickable cockpits there) and later purchased Hornet with Persian Gulf to get the "full experience".

I've started thinking about purchasing something more than just FC (which probably most of players have or just ignore, because those planes are "flat") and single plane + map pack.

So I'm starting this thread to hear out some guidance from more advanced players allready having more planes. Let me start with some referrence what I like to fly and what I don't intend to fly.

I've allways been more into AA then AG. I'm not really enjoying bomb runs or even hate more gun/rocket strike. I really like to fly MiG-29 full dogfight style, F-15 full BVR or any mixed F/A-18 styles (dogfight or BVR).

Also I don't like WWII or demilitarized planes and not a big fun of Cold War period planes. I'm mostly eager to fly planes around Gulf Wars (first and the second, I like operations Desert Storm or Iraqi Freedom) or any "modern" conflict.

Is Nevada good option to consider if I allready have Persian Gulf? Also the Combined Arms module, I'm not really getting it. It tempts but will I benefit from it if I'm only into planes and air combat in this game?

Also if you have good arguments for considering AG and not only focusing AA just leave your comment also it might help me to fight my AG intollerance.

Second that. The Mirage is the only other aircraft currently available that fits your requirements. If you already have PG, then Nevada or Normandy won't add much to the experience.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I like to think of nttr as a training area which it is the main reason to get it is for the red flag campaigns that will increase your knowledge of combat flying. If you want an immediate purchase then I guess one of the aa planes out there. If not wait for the f-14 or f-16 down the road. If you want the best bang for your money get the helo,pak while it’s on sale 4 aircraft for a great price and I guarantee if you learn to fly the huey so you can control it will take a year of trying. Then you got the black shark to prepare you for the Apache in the future you got The mighty 8 for transport and other gazelle offers multiplayer multi cockpit.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

CA wont add much, unless you play on big servers where they use it to move vehicles around. I found myself using it only a couple times for fun (tank vs plane skirmish etc). NTTR is cool to do the red flag campaigns. I was not into that as they tend to be too technical, but I have to say the most involved thing I did on DCS was the Mirage 2000 red flag from Baltic Dragon. I learned a lot and the game felt absurdly alive. So my recommendstion is for the Mirage, caucasus campaign and then NTTR red flag for a lot of fun. Soon we may have a part 3 with a campaign in PG. The Hornet is a good aircraft, but very early and limited atm. I would wait a bit more.