VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Yep - the team is working hard to get a more robust fix out, but it probably won't autoupdate for everyone in the way it used to

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

If not done by someone else in the meantime, I will do this evening when I return from work (UK time)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Any chance the steps can be posted here please?   I am having trouble with discord right now.
Hi!
The instructions in the Discord are a little more elaborate, but this should work for and in place upgrade.
Download the zip
Close VoiceAttack
Close DCS
Run a full repair of DCS
Unzip and overwrite the DLLs in the VAICOM folder in VoiceAttack
Start VoiceAttack
Start DCS

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Hi!
The instructions in the Discord are a little more elaborate, but this should work for and in place upgrade.
Download the zip
Close VoiceAttack
Close DCS
Run a full repair of DCS
Unzip and overwrite the DLLs in the VAICOM folder in VoiceAttack
Start VoiceAttack
Start DCS

hi max, thank you 😊👍🏼

to clarify: is this only for people having issues with VCP after updating DCS to 2.8?

i am still on 2.7 (latest) without any VCP issues. do you think i can just replace the DLLs and then update DCS (skip repair)? thanks

There is now a VAICOM PRO 2.8.0 Community Edition release (#community-download)

https://discord.gg/Kszq53sn

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Regards,

Paul "Dodge / LondonLad"

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x , 64GB 3600MHz RAM, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, NVIDIA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, IIYAMA 34" Curved GB3466WQSU Monitor, Thrustmaster Warthog (Joystick (Backup) + Throttles),VPC WarBRD-D Base,VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC ACE Interceptor Pedals, VKB Pedals (v4) (backup)  + TM MFD w/CUBESIM (x2), PointCTRL, HP Reverb G2 VR  Headset & Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset + TrackIR

Group: DCAF

hi max, thank you
to clarify: is this only for people having issues with VCP after updating DCS to 2.8?
i am still on 2.7 (latest) without any VCP issues. do you think i can just replace the DLLs and then update DCS (skip repair)? thanks
True, but not only issues. The latest DCS update has some changes that prevents the VAICOM scripts to work. So it's actually a mandatory VAICOM update.
The good news is that when 2.8 goes Stable, VAICOM will support it.
This fix should not work on DCS 2.7, but I haven't bothered to test that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HILOK said:

thanks, great news! will this also be released on github? or has discord become the main distribution platform now?

It has been released to github (here). However, I wanted to posted the VAICOM Community discord as this is the main (first) point of reference that contains the information to support the release rather than several links/posts. The '#community-download' channel from their discord is where the information is contained 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regards,

Paul "Dodge / LondonLad"

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x , 64GB 3600MHz RAM, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, NVIDIA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, IIYAMA 34" Curved GB3466WQSU Monitor, Thrustmaster Warthog (Joystick (Backup) + Throttles),VPC WarBRD-D Base,VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC ACE Interceptor Pedals, VKB Pedals (v4) (backup)  + TM MFD w/CUBESIM (x2), PointCTRL, HP Reverb G2 VR  Headset & Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset + TrackIR

Group: DCAF

4 hours ago, HILOK said:

thanks, great news! will this also be released on github? or has discord become the main distribution platform now?

Github will have the releases and will also host the bug tracking - I will also add a new thread to this forum that will contain details for the releases from our community group moving forwards so that people can check here or on the Discord, as well as going directly to the hub

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hornblower793 said:

Github will have the releases and will also host the bug tracking - I will also add a new thread to this forum that will contain details for the releases from our community group moving forwards so that people can check here or on the Discord, as well as going directly to the hub

Maybe it's time this particular thread were put to rest? 

• Like 2

All,

With the transition of control of Vaicom from @Hollywood_315 to a user community team we have decided to lock this thread. At 308 pages long it has become unwieldy and we know that it is easy for us to miss issues.

Please check the other threads in the Vaicom forum (https://forum.dcs.world/forum/329-vaicom/) or head to the Discord (https://discord.gg/7gbYqKEsX6) - we are trying to keep them topic specific (e.g. each issue will have its own thread) and also to provide pinned topics such as the latest release versions of the software for OB and stable versions so that forum users have known locations to look for update news.

@MAXsenna and I (along with other members from the community) are also available to help answer any queries so feel free to DM us if you prefer to do this rather than creating a thread

Edited by hornblower793
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Maybe it's time this particular thread were put to rest? 

It's several years past time for that!

• Like 2

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Hmm thought on my end would be a simple install over what I already had, now nothing working. I had updated DCS to 2.8 but had not ran it yet. I used the msi installer to install Vaicom Pro over my existing install. Nothing working any longer. No TX button presses, nothing.

Had a good visit from surgeon today and have been released for some VR flying once again, now need to get this sorted. So should I uninstall everything -both Vaicom and VA - and start fresh? Was trying to it the quick and easy, but apparently did not know what the quick and easy was.

Edit: Ok just wiped Vaicom and did a new install of it, left VA as was - had to re-assign my PTT buttons on throttle but seems to be working ok now. Now tomorrow - will test out in the Hornet baby!! Been way from it too long!

Edited by dburne
  • Like 3

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1 hour ago, dburne said:

a good visit from surgeon today and have been released for some VR flying once again

Well its been a good week eh? ViacomPro working again (that the program is now GPL license and the subsequent efforts of that community group is great. I hope this means Hollywood is ok too) plus the good news from your surgeon.... pleased for you mate. 

• Like 1

MSI Z690 EDGE | i5 12600K | RTX 3070 TUF OC 8GB | Kingston Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MHz CL16 | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 |SilverStone 1000W Strider 80+ Platinum PSU | LG 34GN850 UWQHD 160Hz G-Sync HDR IPS 34in Monitor | Antlion Audio ModMic Uni-Directional Microphone with Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Back Studio Headphones | Behringer Xenyx 302USB Mixer | Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle | DELANCLiP head tracking | Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate | Crosswind Pedals | W10

3 minutes ago, Dallas88B said:

Well its been a good week eh? ViacomPro working again (that the program is now GPL license and the subsequent efforts of that community group is great. I hope this means Hollywood is ok too) plus the good news from your surgeon.... pleased for you mate. 

:thumbup:

Thanks much! Yeah Hollywood I think he is fine, he just opened the source code up for our guys to take over the project now and offer it for free. He likely got himself over extended, life can certainly get in the way at times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

All,
With the transition of control of Vaicom from @Hollywood_315 to a user community team we have decided to lock this thread. At 308 pages long it has become unwieldy and we know that it is easy for us to miss issues.

Please check the other threads in the Vaicom forum (https://forum.dcs.world/forum/329-vaicom/) or head to the Discord (https://discord.gg/7gbYqKEsX6) - we are trying to keep them topic specific (e.g. each issue will have its own thread) and also to provide pinned topics such as the latest release versions of the software for OB and stable versions so that forum users have known locations to look for update news.

@MAXsenna and I (along with other members from the community) are also available to help answer any queries so feel free to DM us if you prefer to do this rather than creating a thread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmm thought on my end would be a simple install over what I already had, now nothing working. I had updated DCS to 2.8 but had not ran it yet. I used the msi installer to install Vaicom Pro over my existing install. Nothing working any longer. No TX button presses, nothing.
Had a good visit from surgeon today and have been released for some VR flying once again, now need to get this sorted. So should I uninstall everything -both Vaicom and VA - and start fresh? Was trying to it the quick and easy, but apparently did not know what the quick and easy was.

Edit: Ok just wiped Vaicom and did a new install of it, left VA as was - had to re-assign my PTT buttons on throttle but seems to be working ok now. Now tomorrow - will test out in the Hornet baby!! Been way from it too long!
Make sure you do it before your time zone switches to the 2nd of November.

All,

With the transition of control of Vaicom from @Hollywood_315 to a user community team we have asked for this thread to be locked. At over 7700 posts long it has become unwieldy and we know that it is easy for us to miss issues.

• Like 5