Mustang's land textures zip file package

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Grass, does anyone have some tips with regards to AA settings in game or in nvidia inspector?

Thanks.

me too!

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

On my AMD graphics card all i have to do is enable 4x MSAA in the DCS game options then enable Adaptive MSAA or Supersampling from within my Crimson control panel, it really improves the quality of the grass albeit with huge performance penalty, try to find the equivalent within your nvidia settings.

WKvgMR5.jpg

Edited by Mustang

For the Grass, does anyone have some tips with regards to AA settings in game or in nvidia inspector?
Hi,

Here few screenshots from my DCS settings, I'm sorry but it's French writing:

689102Page02.jpg

814116Page01.jpg

321808Page03.jpg

Bye, Skull.

Hey Skull, a bit OT, but i see in your Nvidia Inspector setting your frame rate limiter is set at 60.7 FPS, to have "less stuttering", according to your screenshot. Could you tell me more about this setting, why do you choose 60.7?

Aie, it's not easy to explain in English but if I don't limite my FPS I have these famous "Stuttering" with these settings it's really better.

Please can you check the MP ?

Bye, Skull.

I tried Mustang's textures yesterday and wow!! do they look good. I was completely stunned! However, one major drawback for me, I cant see any targets with them in the TGP. I so far have been used Bartheks outstanding GMT 6.5 and/or 7.0 and they look also great and at the same time give me better contrast in the TGP for finding targets.

edit: A10-C TGP that is

Hi guys,

I have a question concerning the ground textures of Mustang and the radar's rendering of the AJS-37 Viggen.

Depending on the ground textures from other mods installed the rendering of the radar could be better or not ?

Thanks in advance, Skull.

If ssd space is not a concern, can you unzip the resource files to speed things along even more? Can DCS use it if they are not zipped?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Yes. In fact, if you place a single file, that is contained in the zip, in the same location, the system will use the unzipped file instead of the one inside the zip (which greatly simplifies some mods). Whether it would make a difference, with regard to performance, on an SSD is questionable.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

The mountains have never looked better. What a great mod. One issue though, when flying in the lower portions of the map (Batumi, Kobuleti) and looking out towards the North-East, my frame rate drops to the mid-upper teens. Without the mod, I'm getting high 30-s to low 40's.

I have everything maxed out (minus shadows) and running 2k graphics.

Rig= i7-4790k, 16gbram, gtx780 6gb vram

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

The mountains have never looked better. What a great mod. One issue though, when flying in the lower portions of the map (Batumi, Kobuleti) and looking out towards the North-East, my frame rate drops to the mid-upper teens. Without the mod, I'm getting high 30-s to low 40's.

I don't know if it's this Mod, but for me the clouds and trees drops my FPS.

Of course impossible to disable this awesome Mod because is the best for me.

Thanks, Skull.

• 2 weeks later...

The package has recently been updated in light of the upcoming 1.5.6 patch and the fixed tree models (if anyone wonders what i mean check this link)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqMbzKyiuBg

the package also contains refined noise textures for spring summer and autumn with less of the 'spots' on the terrain, the whole texture set looks alot cleaner and natural looking.

In addition the luas have been tuned for slightly better performance.

See the download link in my sig below for the updated package.

• Like 2

The package has recently been updated in light of the upcoming 1.5.6 patch and the fixed tree models ...

Thanks a lot for sharing ... I'm currently using Barthek's, but will give yours a try to see if its more to my liking :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The package has recently been updated in light of the upcoming 1.5.6 patch and the fixed tree models (if anyone wonders what i mean check this link)

the package also contains refined noise textures for spring summer and autumn with less of the 'spots' on the terrain, the whole texture set looks alot cleaner and natural looking.

In addition the luas have been tuned for slightly better performance.

See the download link in my sig below for the updated package.

Great!!!! Will test tomorrow thanks!!

your 'fixed tree models' YT shows tree shadows

I have ["shadowTree"] = false, in my options.lua

and do not have tree shadows which I prefer also (FPS)

so in your youtube, you have ["shadowTree"] = true in your options.lua

that is not the default is it?

thx

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |