104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

People used that option to export their own position to a private external server. Their buddies did the same and then that server would amalgamate that data and send it out to everyone connected to it, privately. Hey presto! You have your own private datalink.

That seems like more effort than it's worth! I can bypass all that just by flying the Su-27!

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

Is SRS inop? Can't connect for the life of me.

Goon

ASUS ROG Maximus VII |Intel i7-7700K@ 4.80Mhz|CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 @ 3000 |GTX 1080 Ti | Windows10-64bit| 3x24" Samsung 1080p| 1x 28" Samsung 4k| Thrustmaster Warthog| Saitek Rudder pedals| TrackIR 5 | Samsung Odyssey

Is SRS inop? Can't connect for the life of me.

I have turned it off again. We are currently looking into making the 1.5.7 experience a bit more stable and are testing various options, for one we have turned SRS off, and will turn it back on once we are done with testing.

Sry for the bumby ride in the past days, 1.5.7 hasn't been easy on us, we hope it will get better soon!

S!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I have turned it off again. We are currently looking into making the 1.5.7 experience a bit more stable and are testing various options, for one we have turned SRS off, and will turn it back on once we are done with testing.

Sry for the bumby ride in the past days, 1.5.7 hasn't been easy on us, we hope it will get better soon!

S!

Thanks for the response sir. S!

Goon

ASUS ROG Maximus VII |Intel i7-7700K@ 4.80Mhz|CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 @ 3000 |GTX 1080 Ti | Windows10-64bit| 3x24" Samsung 1080p| 1x 28" Samsung 4k| Thrustmaster Warthog| Saitek Rudder pedals| TrackIR 5 | Samsung Odyssey

People used that option to export their own position to a private external server. Their buddies did the same and then that server would amalgamate that data and send it out to everyone connected to it, privately. Hey presto! You have your own private datalink.

Mmmm...true..

But they have only their positions, they still can't export other clients, so it's a very very limited problem...or not?

Fletto i muscoli...e sono nel vuoto

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guy's. In one of the missions the MIG-21 can't rearm. You alway's have to fly to Krymsk first. And with one other the MIG-21 is unable to talk to the AWACS or the AWACS to us. You could argue that i dont know exactly how the radio works, cause i'm new to MIG-21 But i did check this with Icegryphon and LazzySeal.

I do not remember the name of the missions anymore sadly.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Rgr mate, we need to know the name of the mission it happens on so if it comes to you let us know or the next time you're flying that mission remember and post which one it is here and we'll take a look at it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Is it possible to allow Sensor Export on the server so that people can use Helios? Many other server have it enabled. An example would be open conflict. Would be an awesome feature to have on this server as it is something that I have been missing lately.

My Tacview recordings are not recording my 104th's server's sorties and I know Tacview functions fine on the other MP servers.

Also cannot do a MP REPLAY on the DCS opening page.

Am assuming this is deliberate on your end?

Anything I am doing wrong on my end?

Have not flown Ka-50 in a very long time. Am enjoying your various missions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi. I am trying to connect to 104th, and I'm getting a error claiming a modified client with 3 modified files:

textures/empty

textures/light_green

textures/light_red

My client is unmodified, I have no mods installed, and I ran a repair deleting the files you suggested on the website first.

Any ideas?

--gos

Edit: nevermind, figured it out. Turns out aircraft in Saved Games cannot use the same texture filenames as existing dds files, or the game engine can get confused and cause an IC failure.

Edited by gospadin

My Tacview recordings are not recording my 104th's server's sorties and I know Tacview functions fine on the other MP servers.

On the server browser when you select a server there are 3 entries for Data export. If all 3 are true then tacview will work. Otherwise the server is not allowing tacview to access all the data. Specifically Object export needs to be true for the vast majority of tacview functions.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Mav / IronMike - when, if ever, will we be turning on the server exports such that a SimSeat will be functional when flying on our server? Since I'm flying in VR now I have REALLY been wanting to pick one of these up...but there's not much of a point when I spend all my time on our server.

I don't understand the server side of things well enough to understand the pros/cons of allowing or not allowing such exports. I'm assuming server exports can somehow be used to cheat?

Or is this already turned on and I'm just confused?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Mav / IronMike - when, if ever, will we be turning on the server exports such that a SimSeat will be functional when flying on our server? Since I'm flying in VR now I have REALLY been wanting to pick one of these up...but there's not much of a point when I spend all my time on our server.

I don't understand the server side of things well enough to understand the pros/cons of allowing or not allowing such exports. I'm assuming server exports can somehow be used to cheat?

They can be used to provide an advantage. I hate to bring it up, and Im only bringing it up for an example, but things like Leavu use exports. To me, if someone wants to use it, fine by me. It does not provide any more information than what is already there, it just allows it to be visualized with things like data link on the F15.

Again, to me, I don't care. If people want to use it, fine. If they don't fine. This server is not a tournament IMO and the restrictions that removing exports puts on people in DCS far outweighs the benefits that we gain from people not using things like Leavu.

I really really want o be able to use Helios on 104th, but can't because sensor exports are disabled. If you look at most other servers, notably Open Conflict, they have all exports enabled. Just my 2 cents, but I miss being able to export cockpit instruments on this server.

On the server browser when you select a server there are 3 entries for Data export. If all 3 are true then tacview will work. Otherwise the server is not allowing tacview to access all the data. Specifically Object export needs to be true for the vast majority of tacview functions.

Grimes, Thanks for the info.

Currently all 3 options are not allowed.

-+-

I learned about TacView , reading the 104th's forums years ago. I got it all setup, then 104th quit allowing its use.

Then I bought one of the advanced premium versions. Other DCS servers allow its use.

Why not allow Tacview's use once-in-awhile so I can see what has taken place as a debrief after a sortie or mission? A guy in a jet flew by me in my Ka-50 in a valley in mountainous terrain, friend or foe? He never fired on me and did not come back. At his speed he should of hit a mountain! I'd just like to know who he was, what happened?

Once-in-awhile when the hot-shots want to go head to head dead serious, then turn Tacview off.

Cheaters will find a way to cheat ; no way around that!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other issue : ALSO , My DCS World (not Tacview) does not allow me to do DCS Replays on the 104th's server. I am assuming it is because of the same issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Once-in-awhile when the hot-shots want to go head to head dead serious, then turn Tacview off.

Cheaters will find a way to cheat ; no way around that!

It's not the hot shots which are the problem but rather the hot heads.

Preventing cheating is only part of restrictions, the accusations far outway anything else. When people get shotdown in this sim it can sometimes be quite hard to immediately determine why. With knowledge of the ability to cheat comes accusations rather than trying to understand why.

I've seen it before now and I think you have too that people accuse others of joining the other side to see where a chopper is then switch sides back and go on and shoot that chopper down, now the accusation could be true but having the option to see all friendly units turned off removes the accuasation all together, likewise exporting info from the sim gives no excuse for hot heads to randomly accuse and create arguments. Random accusations in a complex sim is the sort of sh.storm server admins don't need.

You may say that allowing tacview allows people to see why they got shotdown but unfortunately that is not the first port of call for many. It's an admin decision to keep control of a friendly environment in what is a very busy server accomodating all types of players and attitudes to boot.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

It's not the hot shots which are the problem but rather the hot heads.

Preventing cheating is only part of restrictions, the accusations far outway anything else. When people get shotdown in this sim it can sometimes be quite hard to immediately determine why. With knowledge of the ability to cheat comes accusations rather than trying to understand why.

I've seen it before now and I think you have too that people accuse others of joining the other side to see where a chopper is then switch sides back and go on and shoot that chopper down, now the accusation could be true but having the option to see all friendly units turned off removes the accuasation all together, likewise exporting info from the sim gives no excuse for hot heads to randomly accuse and create arguments. Random accusations in a complex sim is the sort of sh.storm server admins don't need.

You may say that allowing tacview allows people to see why they got shotdown but unfortunately that is not the first port of call for many. It's an admin decision to keep control of a friendly environment in what is a very busy server accomodating all types of players and attitudes to boot.

I’m not for or against tacview enabled here (I think it’s up to the admin and either you accept that or move on) but isn’t the 10 minute waiting option supposed to remove most of the ability to cheat like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't ask about TacView export for a reason, bc it brings up the same debate that has been had a million times before.

Is the sensor export the same export that is used for TacView? Or are these 2 separate exports of the 3 total server exports Grimes referenced?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I didn't ask about TacView export for a reason, bc it brings up the same debate that has been had a million times before.

Is the sensor export the same export that is used for TacView? Or are these 2 separate exports of the 3 total server exports Grimes referenced?

104th Command - Any thoughts? :helpsmilie:

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Was Flying today Gazelle on the Server testing the new FM, but something is wrong (look the Picture) the Red Ground Forces don't Fire on the blue Gazelle.

After taking the Screenshot Blue Buddy with the A-10 hit me with the Maverick he was instant Kicked hope he don't get any Trouble Name was Chef or so don't remember it correct.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27