How do you create different teams composed of the same nation in mission editor?

Guest Guest

I want to create a multiplayer mission for my friends and me. How do I have different teams composed of the same nation?

I want to have Red and Blue Canadian VSN Hornet Mods and F-5E's I would also like to have red and blue Russian Mig-21's and Su-27's.

Not exactly sure how to do this but I see it in multiplayer servers all the time.

This is not possible. A nation may only belong to one coalition. You can, however, arrange the coalitions in such a way that both red and blue have access to the same units.

The easiest way to do this is open the mission editor and click FILE -> NEW

This will bring up the coalition screen. Click on Russia, then on the blue arrow to move them to the blue coalition.

Find the USAF Aggressors in the Neutral coalition list. Click the red arrow to move them to the red coalition. The USAF Aggressors faction has access to every unit in the game.

If you want a red unit, use the USAF Aggressors; if you want a blue unit, use the native country (i.e. Russia for Sukhois/MiGs)

• 3 weeks later...

It would be nice in the future for this to be implemented for the purposes of having close to life realistic target practice, with target drones and the like.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

The USAF Aggressors squadron is pretty much exactly that. Set your client flight to US vs. USAF Aggressor F-4s or F-16s set to REACTION TO THREAT: NONE and WEAPONS HOLD and you've got target drones.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2861010/

Here's a link to a skin for the F-4E done up to look like the QF-4.

Edited by feefifofum