First post hello

TooBad

Greetings all;

A friend told me about DCS when he found out I had a vive and he said I should check it out.Well...I did.I watched some YouTube vids and ended up getting the FC3 module and the f18.I am totally impressed.

Going by the way I fly at the moment my name should be target drone. I am still trying to setup the joystick and pedals (t16000m) but I can see myself playing this game for a long long time. I have even gone so far as to download an actual Navy flight manual for the f18. Cheers and I'll see you in the air:thumbup:

Welcome down the rabbit hole...

Before long you will be tempted by the Huey module, reading Reddit posts about the visual improvement of the Rift S over the 1st gen, and crawling Amazon and eBay for specials on the TM Warthog Hotas

But it's worth it.

Welcome mate,

You'll have a ball with FC3 and the hornet. You can say goodbye to friends and family because DCS is super immersive and fun. Just remember to put some snacks and drinks close at hand because it's easy to sit down to play and then before you know it you look out the window and it's dark outside lol.

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

Welcome!

And oof, another victim. Your wallet will cry everytime you mention DCS, because it will quickly get addicting and you wouldnt be the first to get the ''Gotta catch 'em all'' virus.

Anyways, happy flying and be sure to drop any questions or problems you have down here in the forums.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Hello, how do I post to other sections?

You log in into the forum, go to other section and click "New thread" button or just reply within the thread with "New reply" or "quote" (if quoting somebody).

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

You log in into the forum, go to other section and click "New thread" button or just reply within the thread with "New reply" or "quote" (if quoting somebody).

Thank you, that was not the problem, it just seems that my activation was either stuck or somehow I was not properly logged into the forums. In all other sections my posting rules said I may not post there, but it seems fine now. It's just that this was my issue since the registration a few days ago so it seemed like I got stuck.

Danger zone!

Welcome!

And oof, another victim. Your wallet will cry everytime you mention DCS, because it will quickly get addicting and you wouldnt be the first to get the ''Gotta catch 'em all'' virus.

Anyways, happy flying and be sure to drop any questions or problems you have down here in the forums.

I hear you.

My wallet is suing me for divorce atm. It thinks I take it for granted.:smartass:

I just bought the Viggen it is a little easier to fly and learn on than the f/a18 (almost as easy to crash on takeoff) The next purchase will have to be Trackir.

Ty everyone for the welcome I will see you in the air. (i'll be the guy in the chute.)