Reflective Sabres!

==Wiggy==

Great job on the aluminum, but I would fine tune the blacks a bit and make them lighter. Usually in sims black is not really black. If you make them really black they will be darker than everything else, which makes it look out of place, like a hole or something.

Also, I see you used the stock insignia: They're a tad wrong the red-white "wings" are too long. But again, the aluminum part is really spot on!

Thanks...

So, I've heard this bit before about the Stars and bars being too long...where would one look for "the right stuff"? I've never understood how you know what is correct vs. not? Is there a design spec somewhere that you could point me to?

Yes, I agree, I was looking at the black and thinking this is too black...so we're on the same page there as well!

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

National markings are always officially standardized, with specs for dimensions, FS colours, positions and sizes on certain aircraft and whatnot.

One of the docs on the subject can be found on Wiki (it's about Naval planes, but the basic insignia for all services hasn't changed since 1947 anyway):

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:MIL-STD-2161A_(AS).pdf

A pic from this doc is in attachment below

Actually, there's also a high-rez coloured insignia pattern on Wiki as well, could be downscaled and used for skins I suppose.

Usaf_roundel.gif.21957abfd3aa214b0f99a5e7b0aa09b4.gif

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Here's a completely RAW video (using Shadowplay) of the Jabara skin in multiple lighting angles. There will be 2 versions. This one in the video and the slightly less reflective and dirty from the images I've already posted. I will upload asap when time allows. Thanks to Reflected, Carss & ART-J for the help to this Noobie to DCS! Much appreciated! Please Note that my hands lighting settings in sim are set to 1.3.

https://youtu.be/7y49f8tAIvo

Edited by 000rick000

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

3 Pack has been uploaded. I've also uploaded a helmet skin pack. It's included in the 3 Pack as standard but should you not be interested in the aircraft paints you can get them separately.

Edited by 000rick000

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

:doh:I just realized that I forgot to save the .DDS files with the wing stripes! HAHA...so much for first impressions! LOL. I'll get that updated and reuploaded as soon as time allows! :doh::pilotfly:

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

I'd say sometimes when lit directly from the same side as the "camera", your skin looks a little bit more "plastic" than default, Belsimtek's interpretation of the worn, natural metal finish. I understand, however, it's difficult to get the desired effect in all lighting conditions.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.608e5acbb29383f1074c23210cc8bc0b.jpg

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

If that's the "StdAlum" paint then yes. I would agree...however I don't agree with regards to more reflective "NewAlum". I will updated the Spec file for the StdAlum skin to be better in all aspects at the same time that I upload the fix with the wing stripes! Today or tomorrow after work as time allows. I've already got the fix complete, but ran out of time to put it all together before bed last night. I've learned a little more about the spec file since doing the StdAlum, skin. forgive me, coming from P3D/FSX, it's totally different, so I'm just getting into the zone here. Thanks.

Edited by 000rick000
  • Like 1

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Oh, I tried only the std one, as I like'em dirty :D. Looking forward to the updates.

For a newcomer to this gfx platform, you "converted" already surprisingly well and fast!

• 2 weeks later...

Used your skin in a session with a friend of mine. Here is a screenshot from it. More to come, Enjoy :thumbup:

attachment.php?attachmentid=176194&stc=1&d=1515983790

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 1 year later...

That was an older pack. It was replaced by what is in the User files now. NONE of them will look right currently in the v2.5.5 without being edited for RoughMets. So sit tight I'm trying to convert them all but it takes time, and I don't have much ATM.

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut