drop JHMCS-designated target from AIM-9X?

Bonzo0181

When in DGFT-mode, pressing the cage/uncage button makes the AIM-9X acquire a target. When the first missile is fired, the next missile will keep acquiring that same target. Since the target is usually shot down by now I want to acquire the next target, but the cage/uncage button doesn't actually re-cage the seeker (TMS-aft also doesn't do anything, but that's expected I suppose).

The only way I've found to drop the target is by moving it behind your own 3-9 line so the target falls outside of the gimbal limits.

So how do (or should) you drop an acquired target from the AIM-9X seeker?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A workaround is to go to NAV mode. But i highly doubt this is how it works IRL.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

I was fooling around with the Hornet the other day and noticed this with AIM-120's. I'd launch in visual mode at something right in front of me, but they would nose dive after a burning wreck that I shot down earlier.

It makes me think it might be a shared issue in lock coding between the F-16 and F-18.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

A workaround is to go to NAV mode. But i highly doubt this is how it works IRL.

Switching to AMRAAMs momentarily should work too.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I just point the view onto the next target and spam CAGE/UNCAGE, that tends to work most the time.

Well, there needs to be another target available in the first place :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, there needs to be another target available in the first place :music_whistling:

Have you found a way to make this work? Or did you at least put this in the bug section? Thanks.

i7-7700k OC'd to 5.0 GHz, ASUS 1080ti OC, 32 GB 3200 MHz G.Skill, Samsung 960 pro M.2, Thrustmaster Warthog, Saitek pedals, Valve Index HMD