HOTAS Cougar foxy profile request

Hi guys,

i'm looking for a clean (mostly DX) profile for the TM HOTAS Cougar.

similar to what dunc achieved with his BMS profile.

My biggest hurdle is making the S3 button (pinky switch) the shifted key without losing its basic functionality (EXP/FOV switch).

is this at all possible in DCS (or foxy)?

my foxy programming skills are severely lacking, but since there must be quite some Cougar drivers out there i was wondering if there is anything available already.

if i manage to make the profile work, i will share it of course.. :)

time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time...

my rig: I7-9700K@4,9 Ghz, 1080ti, 32Gb RAM@3733 Mhz, HP Reverb Pro, TM Cougar with FSSB R2, TM MFD's

… My biggest hurdle is making the S3 button (pinky switch) the shifted key without losing its basic functionality (EXP/FOV switch).

is this at all possible in DCS (or foxy)?

Hi,

On my own Profile, I use S3 as the shift button, but if I long-press it by itself then it behaves as the EXP/FOV button; the coding is like this:

Rem  X3 is true when any Hat or Button is pressed (except T7, T8 & T10)

DEF X3 S1 OR S2 OR S4 OR H1U OR H1D OR H1L OR H1R OR H2U OR H2D OR H2L OR H2R OR H3U OR H3D OR H3L OR H3R OR H4U OR H4D OR H4L OR H4R OR T1 OR T2 OR T3 OR T4 OR T5 OR T6 OR T9

Rem  X4 is true when just S3 is pressed (for at least 1 second)

DEF X4 DELAY(1000) S3 NOT X3

BTN X4 Expand/FOV_Button-Depress 

The other alternative would be to use a different Button for shift purposes, say the S1 button, but I'm already so used to S3 being the shift toggle on all my other Profiles, that it wasn't practical.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

On my own Profile, I use S3 as the shift button, but if I long-press it by itself then it behaves as the EXP/FOV button; the coding is like this:

Rem  X3 is true when any Hat or Button is pressed (except T7, T8 & T10)

DEF X3 S1 OR S2 OR S4 OR H1U OR H1D OR H1L OR H1R OR H2U OR H2D OR H2L OR H2R OR H3U OR H3D OR H3L OR H3R OR H4U OR H4D OR H4L OR H4R OR T1 OR T2 OR T3 OR T4 OR T5 OR T6 OR T9

Rem  X4 is true when just S3 is pressed (for at least 1 second)

DEF X4 DELAY(1000) S3 NOT X3

BTN X4 Expand/FOV_Button-Depress 

The other alternative would be to use a different Button for shift purposes, say the S1 button, but I'm already so used to S3 being the shift toggle on all my other Profiles, that it wasn't practical.

Best regards

thanks, this is close to how i would like it..however, i'd prefer it the other way around.

so a quick press is Expand/FOV and a longer press is Shift.

is this possible to program and for DCS's key profile to accept?

my rig: I7-9700K@4,9 Ghz, 1080ti, 32Gb RAM@3733 Mhz, HP Reverb Pro, TM Cougar with FSSB R2, TM MFD's

..however, i'd prefer it the other way around.

so a quick press is Expand/FOV and a longer press is Shift.

is this possible to program ?

No, I don't know how to achieve that without transferring the shift function onto another button.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Hi rudel,

I'm trying your profile now. No dx but if it works, it works. I will tweak I'm a bit to my liking. Quick question:

Do you have the exp/fov linked to a keyboard command?

It doesn't seem to work for me at all..

Quick question:

Do you have the exp/fov linked to a keyboard command?

Hi,

Yes, I binded it as follows: Expand/FOV_Button-Depress = LCTL + f

It doesn't seem to work for me at all..

I'm so sorry, I shared this profile when the F-16 was still very new and afterwards went to use the JF-17 instead ... I tend to use a single plane at a time, as my old memory is quite bad when forced to remember commands and procedures for several aircrafts simultaneously :(

Today, I've just updated its documentation, as it is not the only keybind that the profile requires .. please, download it again, just to make sure that you wont find some glaring bugs :D .. here is the link:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306487/

DCS_F-16C_Rudel.jpg

Feel free to modify it to suit your needs.

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone! And Rudel

just purchased Viper, using Rudel DCS_F-16C Profile for Hotas Cougar. Everything working great except micro stick , unable to control radar cursor.

when press and moving T1, in Hotas Cougar Control Panel, the YR and S2 ( rudder ) is confirmed but not the ZR. Not sure why T1 control rudder in CCP.

try searching but no luck. Any guidance will be appreciated.

thanks in advance !

just purchased Viper, using Rudel DCS_F-16C Profile for Hotas Cougar. Everything working great except micro stick , unable to control radar cursor.

when press and moving T1, in Hotas Cougar Control Panel, the YR and S2 ( rudder ) is confirmed but not the ZR. Not sure why T1 control rudder in CCP.

Hello,

Make sure that, on the Cougar Control Panel, the microstick axes fall amongst the first 8 columns, as windows doesnt recognize columns 9 and 10. Here is more info:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4065627&postcount=11

Best regards,

Eduardo

Hello,

Make sure that, on the Cougar Control Panel, the microstick axes fall amongst the first 8 columns, as windows doesnt recognize columns 9 and 10. Here is more info:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4065627&postcount=11

Best regards,

Eduardo

update: Hotas Cougar Viewer now confirmed T1 with ZR and S2. Still unable to control radar cursor. it is now controlling the rudder. :mad:

Help ! thanks .

update: Hotas Cougar Viewer now confirmed T1 with ZR and S2. Still unable to control radar cursor. it is now controlling the rudder. :mad:

Help ! thanks .

All you need to do is rebind the axis in DCS.

Pay particular attention around the 5 min mark where he starts discussing axis controls. But I suggest watching the whole video.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Thank you gentlemen , RDR cursor fully functional. Rebind the axis in DCS works.

However was having trouble staying awake while watching Wagner informative video, his voice so soft and agreeable , kept nodding off. :o)

thank you all for helping...will give this the world, am certain you will hear back of me with hundreds questions !

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Is it possible to program the Cougar throttle to generate idle/cutoff to its lower detent? Maybe using digital axis assignment?

Yes, it is perfectly possible, using the THR_RANGE statement.

The downside is that the throttle axis is 8 bit only, giving 256 different values over its range. Taking away the lower 20% makes throttle response more coarse ... for me it was not worth it, instead I placed the Throttle_OFF/IDLE function on a shifted button (so as not to press it by accident).