KA-50 Black Shark 2 Training missions

BigfootMSR

I can't hear the voiceovers anymore (only tried the coldstart mission). I tried loading it in the ME and saving it but that hasn't made any difference.

I checked my volumes and they're all on 100% except for a couple that I reduced to 76%.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

This is a known issue with World 1.2.0. It effects all the sound triggers in all the aircraft modules. It should be fixed in the next patch. In the mean time, you can read the text and still follow the steps. Keep in mind that the next step wont trigger until the instructor is done speaking (which you cant hear) so read slowly and give ample time to complete the steps.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

This is a known issue with World 1.2.0. It effects all the sound triggers in all the aircraft modules. It should be fixed in the next patch. In the mean time, you can read the text and still follow the steps. Keep in mind that the next step wont trigger until the instructor is done speaking (which you cant hear) so read slowly and give ample time to complete the steps.

Ah, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for the patch then :)

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Ah, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for the patch then :)

There has been a temporary fix made available by Wags - HERE :)

Martin...

There has been a temporary fix made available by Wags - HERE :)

Martin...

Nice, thanks :)

Just wanted to say thanks Bigfoot!

I have been flying the Ka-50 on and off for the past 9 months and I did watch a few training videos and read a few pages, but I only ever learnt the basics of flying, trimming, hovering and using weapons. To have these interactive training missions available is just fantastic and exactly what I needed to progress.

I have only run through 3 of them up to now but I have already learnt so much more than I anticipated.

Thank you very much for taking the time to put these missions together and for making them available for everyone in the community to enjoy!

I'm finding (in DCS World) on the 2nd and 3rd missions they get stuck when pressing the buttons on the ABRIS. On the 2nd mission it's when it tells me to press button 5, after which it doesn't continue although I have managed to make it do so by randomly pressing ABRIS buttons.

I've tried loading and saving the missions in the editor, as this was recommended elsewhere to eliminate any bugs from missions from versions of BS2 prior to 1.2, but it hasn't helped.

i have a orange Skin on the Ka-50 on your Weapon Employment Training mission - missing textures!?!

But you can fly anyway....music_whistling.gif

I can only suspect this is a problem with your installation. My missions do not replace any textures. :P

2nd or 3rd mission does not mean much.. Im assuming the second mission you speak of, is actually the en-route navigation mission. Please be more specific as it helps me track down problems. The triggers actually work fine (Just retested it). As mentioned earlier in this thread, you sometimes have to push and hold the button for a second or two for the trigger to take affect. I will add this advice to the first post. I hope that will clear up your problem. If it does not.. please let me know.

Edited by BigfootMSR

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

I can only suspect this is a problem with your installation. My missions do not replace any textures. :P

you may right, if i open your mission in ME, the right texture is in place; if i start the mission over the Training Menu, i have the "orange" skin.

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

2nd or 3rd mission does not mean much.. Im assuming the second mission you speak of, is actually the en-route navigation mission. Please be more specific as it helps me track down problems. The triggers actually work fine (Just retested it). As mentioned earlier in this thread, you sometimes have to push and hold the button for a second or two for the trigger to take affect. I will add this advice to the first post. I hope that will clear up your problem. If it does not.. please let me know.

Yeah sorry, I couldn't remember the actual titles of the missions but it was the en-route navigation mission and the ABRIS AMMS mission.

I'll try holding the button then, thanks for the tip.

Ah-

I got a idea ...maybe the mission contains info about a used skin that is not legit any-more...

And opening it with the editor bypasses it.

My guess is that maybe Bigfoot should open all his missions in a vannila 1.2.0 install and save them again by selecting a default DCS 1.2.0 skin.

Maybe this will cure the problem once for all.

Ah-

I got a idea ...maybe the mission contains info about a used skin that is not legit any-more...

And opening it with the editor bypasses it.

My guess is that maybe Bigfoot should open all his missions in a vannila 1.2.0 install and save them again by selecting a default DCS 1.2.0 skin.

Maybe this will cure the problem once for all.

I will give that a try after I'm done testing. Its a good suggestion. Once I am done testing I will re-upload all my missions.

EDIT: I am done with testing and I have fixed a few typo's and some trigger logic in the data-link and wingman training mission. There was also a texture error with one of the skins I was using in the weapon employment mission that World is missing. I have chosen another skin so you wont be flying an orange.

Edited by BigfootMSR
Updated information

Hi Guys,

I'm getting stupid, but the missions did not start anyway....

I tuned the world and the cockpit sounds to 50%. I am not using my Track IR.

But if I load the mission, I found myself in the cockpit and nothing happens!

Tried it using the Training Menu or the Missions Menu... same.

Do I need to trigger the start of the advise?

Thanks in advance....

Black Shark 2 Ver. 1.1.1.1 German

Bigfoot has re-build his missions in 1.2.0 to wipe out some bugs.

So please try to install also 1.2.0

DCS World will not harm your BS2 1.1.1.1 install - they both can live happily together on you system.

Edited by PeterP

I just want to thanks to Bigfoot for this, altough i finished all camapaigns and dont need the training its really nice to see there are people who want to make this sim understandable to as many as possible.

thanks again

• Like 1

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

Thanks Bigfoot and PeterP, i was waiting for some training support like this in DCS word. I have done some training missions today and it went pretty good!

Thank you ! - but all credit goes to Bigfoot! - I just "pushed him" in the right direction for the integration to smaller his workload.

I just looked at your post-count and your join-date.

So here comes my "standard Ka-50 newbie reply" wink.gif:

Read also besides the manual this:

DCS: Black Shark...

Technical, Simplified

-Coaxial Rotor Aerodynamics

-Trimming the Ka-50 Black Shark <<<!!!! very important to understand this fully!

-Part 1 - Autopilot <<<this too!

-Part 2 - Autopilot

And when you still have time , read this too:

A Stick and Rudder Man's Guide

to DCS: Black Shark

Here is a useful tweak if you using real rudders:

How to unchain the rudder from trim - solution

Things you want to have some day too:

KA-50 collective: another picture-tale

Two MS FFB2 with Cougar Grip

Now there should be (for the next time) no questions left!smile.gif

Welcome aboard!

Edited by PeterP

Don't be so modest PeterP :) I had no idea menu integration was even possible.:thumbup:

I am glad that these are still helping new comers to the sim get a faster jump start.

Don't be so modest PeterP :) I had no idea menu integration was even possible.:thumbup:

I am glad that these are still helping new comers to the sim get a faster jump start.

More than you know. I am sending another thanks.

i5 3570k @ 4.3

560ti GTX 2gig

8gig RAM

Intel SSD

Win7 64bit

Great job Bigfoot. And thank you PeterP.

From the release of (vanilla) BS, I've never had the courage to study the systems deeply. Now, those missions gives me the motivation...

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.