Strela 10

SESova

Are we gonna to be able to use only tanks and artilery or we can use for exapmple strela 10,avanger and other SAM`s that kind agains planes?

DCS Combined arms is great idea.Congratulation.Wish the best.

Смрт фашизму,слобода народу!

:cry::cry::cry:

S-300 is my beloved toy in DCS and i'm so sad that it can't move and deploy by itself.

And now, i'm crying because i won't be able to press a red button in the S.C.U.D. launcher-like Vehicle.

:(

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

Well it'd be weird to control so sophisticated machine like S-300 is. It consist of many modules too :P

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

The big change in combined arms is you will be able to move these big SAM systems around the map during the mission. If you set them in a group, you could strategically move the S-300 to the spot you want in order to take the opponent out.

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

guys, it's absolutely no fun to wait 8+ hours while S-300 units deploy themself from ready-to-move to ready-to-shot state ;)

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Maybe it is 8 hours, but...

S-300 is a "you lose ! GAME OVER" god-like anti-aircraft system. And it's sexy :)

kidding apart, i'm sad, but i understand ED on this. you can't implement something which take longer to deploy than any gathered parties.

Still, i love this thing.

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

S-300 is a "you lose ! GAME OVER" god-like anti-aircraft system....

All your S-300's belong to Toadie!

Oe4qr.png

:D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

:cry::cry::cry:

S-300 is my beloved toy in DCS and i'm so sad that it can't move and deploy by itself.

And now, i'm crying because i won't be able to press a red button in the S.C.U.D. launcher-like Vehicle.

:(

Sorry, but this one just makes me cringe. "Scud" is not an acronym, it should not be allcaps with periods in between.

Just how fast to you think S-300s are? It will make little difference to a scenario if it takes an hour to move just 60 km.

Just what i was thinking. Deploying an S-300 system would take all day, you have to position the radar vehicles, the TELs, and the commands/control vehicle. Then each of them must be deployed to operational configuration, then they must be connected together and systems checked for proper function... Any one of these steps would take longer than most games last, and all of them together? no way.

Actually I was thinking more about the buk system being mobile

the Buk is more mobile than S-300, but that is like saying a turtle moves faster than a snail. with Buk, you still have a CnC vehicle, TEL or TELaR, and radar vehicles which must be positioned and deployed. Depending on misile variant, Buk has a max engagement range of 50 km. This is twice as far away as an A-10 can engage targets, so once an engagement has begun, there is no need to relocate. just plop down beside valuables and wait for something to show up.

SAM doctrine is not "chase them down" but "make them come to you" SAM deployment is something that should be entirely finished well before engagement begins. the only tactics available to a SAM are "radar on or off" and "shoot or don't shoot". De-elevating the missiles, folding up the radar, and moving around does nothing except take the unit out of the fight. If a SAM site is spotted by enemy air, it has the options of "shoot" and "die".

Now, that said, the "radar on vs radar off" tactical decision is one which would have significant effect for a properly concealed medium- or long-range SAM battery. if you keep a certain number of your sites to passive-search until SEAD ops are complete, you can lure relatively defenseless ground-attack aircraft in range, radar on (and hope no pointy noses are looking your way), launch, radar off (if the missile is fire and forget capable) and with luck the launch site won't be located. Another poster mentioned radio beacons set to simulate search radar, which would serve to increase survivability during the initial stages of a SEAD op.

tl;dr version: SAMS take way too long to deploy for moving them around mid-game, so direct control is not useful. but being able to switch them on/off and dictate target priority would be a huge boon in and of itself.

It's not 100% right that it takes too long. Thinking of S-300 Ok but not with Buk. I don't know the exact time the Buk needs to deploy etc but i do know the time for Kub. Deploying takes about 10 minutes (but not ready for shoot), leaving needs about 6minutes. Making it totally fire ready from the move (including calibrating and testing) takes about 15 minutes. And that's the time for the older Kub, i am sure Buk is much faster. So if you leave the battlefield with your A-10, Su-25 or Ka-50 to rearm the system may be in a different location when coming back.

Edit: I think the problem is only software related because of a multi unit SAM.

Edited by schroedi

Yeh i know SCUD isn't an acronym, i should have written S-C-U-D, it was just for better pronounciation !

But keep in mind no one is whining on this thread. there no point to whine for taking control of something utterly long to deploy and ultra-complicated to put online. We are just kidding, and i'm pretty sure ED noticed that.

@159th Viper : Nice shot on this stupid S300 commander ! he deserved that sitting in open ground.

Next time, beware of the wolves in the forest ! :D

And keep in mind S.A.M. (with dots :p ) tactics explained by ShuRugal.

And if you kept that FA-AF manual somewhere, go check pages 477-482.

Blinking Pattern and Buddy launch could be deadly *Evil*

@159th Viper : Nice shot on this stupid S300 commander ! he deserved that sitting in open ground.

Next time, beware of the wolves in the forest......

Cannot hide from a Kh-58 :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

The woods should be force enabled to avoid cheats ! And your KH-58 IS cheating ! lol

Behind a building could be really effective... unless a JTAC finds us.

in that case, maybe that UAZ over there will accelerate to ramming speed, straight to the JTAC? :p