Carrier landing lights

Majinbot

I'm trying to land at night, both with the fa18 and with the AV8b, the aircraft carrier does not turn on the lights of the airstrip. As always, I contact the carriers on the right frequency and they answer me, but no lights..

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

The last time I tried in VR the lights went on. I do not understand sometimes it works sometimes does not. And of course I follow the right procedure, it even happened to me that the ship no longer answered the radio even with the right frequency.

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a way to turn down the white deck edge lighting at night? (Other than lowering the clouds.) Here's an example of a real landing, and you can't see much other than the landing area, the meatball, and the island running lights - unlike in DCS where you can plainly see the outline of the entire carrier deck.

Is there a way to turn down the white deck edge lighting at night? (Other than lowering the clouds.) Here's an example of a real landing, and you can't see much other than the landing area, the meatball, and the island running lights - unlike in DCS where you can plainly see the outline of the entire carrier deck.

its not a real landing. its a simulator as well.

no sane pilot would land at night with such a lighted cockpit btw..

the naval aviator wouldnt use the taxi/landing light either.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

The lights should come on when you follow the standard comm routine for requesting a landing.

After a bolter or touch and go you always have to do the comm procedure again to have the lights on for your next attempt.

That really needs to change. It is as artificial as requiring inordinate requests from a Navy tanker to extend the basket. None of that should be required.

When the deck is "ready", then the lights are on, including when the first jet is miles away. The carrier has running lights that are always on as well, unless there is a known threat inbound.

Reducing the flailing required by the sim for comm inputs would help a lot.

Viewpoints are my own.

• 2 months later...

Having them on all the time is not realistic. They only turn the LA lights on during recovery operations. That said, the phosphorus lights on the deck do light things up a bit, especially around the island. It'd be nice to see that implemented in the same fashion as Razbaam did on the Tarawa.

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |