More naval AI units

Bender_39

On 7/16/2020 at 6:53 AM, Northstar98 said:

+1

Would definitely love to see more Cold War units.

For the Soviet Navy in particular I'd love to see

• Kashin/Pr. 61 DD
  • Udaloy I/Pr. 1155 ASW DDG
  • Kresta II/Pr. 1134A CG
  • Krivak I/Pr. 1135 (Plus an update to the Krivak II/Pr. 1135M we have) FF
  • Grisha-III/Pr. 1124M (+ an update to our current Grisha-V/Pr. 1124ME/.4) PF
  • Nanuchka-I/Pr. 1234 PF

1980s Iowa-class battleships (we need the armor modeled as well as the long range guns)

FOrrest Sherman, Spurance and Kidd Class destroyers

Long-beach and virginia class cruisers

Knoxx-class Friggate,

would also be good

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, my wish list here would include the RN Type 22's (Broadsword class), Type 23's (Duke class), Type 42's (Sheffield Class), and a late 1970s rendition of the fabled R09 HMS Ark Royal, these would do quite nicely please Santa.

Edited by Tengah

Definitely would need an overhaul of some of the old FC2 era naval assets as well as adding several new ones. The thing is that it seems that neither really happens. The 'year of naval focus' is a distant memory that produced one freighter (not complaining, it's very useful, just not a lot) and since then things have been in the 'yea, we are totally adding more ships, but we can't possibly show you until they are perfectly done, which might be in 2084' state that so many things end up in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tengah said:

Personally, my wish list here would include the RN Type 22's (Broadsword class), Type 23's (Duke class), Type 42's (Sheffield Class), and a late 1970s rendition of the fabled R09 HMS Ark Royal, these would do quite nicely please Santa.

I would imagine the 22 and 42 Batch 1 would come as part of the South Atlantic assets pack, they would certainly fit on it.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

25 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

Given the speed in which AI assets are added they better get started on Vietnam era naval assets so we at least have some by the time a Vietnam map comes out.

I've been wondering about a multistage approach for assets. Like add simplified model first and then update it later. I wouldn't mind having less than perfect models if they acted somewhat realistically. DCS covers quite a few times and locations now. We've got gaping holes in the unit list and no idea when they might be filled.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2023 at 4:32 PM, Gunfreak said:

Given the speed in which AI assets are added they better get started on Vietnam era naval assets so we at least have some by the time a Vietnam map comes out.

I am with you there 

• Like 1

Remember M3 has building a WW2 Pacific Pack with some carriers and others units include IJN/iJA to the F4-U1 Corsair, and ED has talked will coming some stuff with the F6F Hellcat. About Stuff to a Vietnam / Korea map, I dont put the hand on the fire. Some comentaries of Chizh and other ED members on the russian forum talk about updates on the old DCS World Soviet / Russian ships on plans, as the Ropucha / Kutnesoft early.

I talked about them on other post about the Ship Overview and the quantity of improvements / Weapons capabilities / new features / "sea enviroment" into DCS to get some "realistic" on ships will require start some new teams centred on some disciplines and build some core features no implemented on DCS.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

• 3 weeks later...