[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Dang, I'm out of town for a few days and won't be able to test it for awhile! Did you bind the launch/trap to Accel.x? If so, what G level?

Catshot => !Airborn && Launchbar extended && G.x > 2

WireTrap => !Airborn && Tailhook extended && G.x < -2

WireTrap is hard to test since my flying skills are currently very bad :pilotfly:

It's been a long time since I messed with DCS modding. Having a look through the SimShaker.lua (under DCS export) script you take data from the MainPanel files for each aircraft. It looks like the Edge 540 mod has this encrypted. Am I right in thinking that without the mainpanel_init.lua file being readable or input from the dev it wouldn't be possible for me to build an export script to get the mod working with your Sim Shaker software? The P47 is readable still so I assume ED are not locking this file (I read they are encrypting files that used to be readable).

I guess that for obtaining telemetry from the game purpose mainpanel_init.lua data may be still very important. So if you can't read it a variety of data you are able to get from the game will be decreased. Hence the feedback most likely will be poorer.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just published a new beta:

Version 1.3.12.3 – beta release

- Support for XP11’s fixed turbine engine added

- Catshoot launch effect added for F14/18, please give feedback.

- WireTrap effect added for F14/18, please give feedback.

- Launchbar effect added to F18

Tested. Had some trouble with SSA holding imported settings. had to re-import several times before they stuck. Symptoms were: start SSA manually - settings are in. start via DCS app - settings revert to default. re-import - they don't stick when SSA is restarted via DCS. rinse and repeat.

eventually they stuck, so all ok there. strange.

No cat launch effects at all when using only sound module - is it currently only functional with the JetSeat? also could not find a strength setting for this effect. is that also not implemented (yet)?

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Tested. Had some trouble with SSA holding imported settings. had to re-import several times before they stuck. Symptoms were: start SSA manually - settings are in. start via DCS app - settings revert to default. re-import - they don't stick when SSA is restarted via DCS. rinse and repeat.

eventually they stuck, so all ok there. strange.

No cat launch effects at all when using only sound module - is it currently only functional with the JetSeat? also could not find a strength setting for this effect. is that also not implemented (yet)?

Sounds to me that you're using two different versions of SSA. The cat shoot effect is currently only available in the latest beta. You can only import settings from an earlier version.

Sounds to me that you're using two different versions of SSA. The cat shoot effect is currently only available in the latest beta. You can only import settings from an earlier version.

nope, same beta version. looks like the settings import from a previous beta version corrupts the settings DB due to the added extra cat launch and wire trap effects om F-14/F-18. I reset and manually re-entered my settings. now i have the cat launch and wiretrap settings displayed properly and can edit them.

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

New effects are great Olaf!

All I had to do specifically trying to break it with what overalien is reporting by import old settings is to select a different model in the drop down and then go back to the F/A18 or F14 for the new effects to show up. So for me a database reset was not necessary.

However, I'm not seeing (nor feeling) a launch bar effect in the F/A-18 menu when I do it that way nor when using the "reset Settings Dataabase" button in the Service tab.

The effects work great in both F/A-18 and F-14, but I do need to cycle the launch bar up/down in the default DCS F/A-18 carrier takeoff mission to get the Cat effect (launch bar entering cockpit defaults to down and lined on the cat).

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

New effects are great Olaf!

All I had to do specifically trying to break it with what overalien is reporting by import old settings is to select a different model in the drop down and then go back to the F/A18 or F14 for the new effects to show up. So for me a database reset was not necessary.

However, I'm not seeing (nor feeling) a launch bar effect in the F/A-18 menu when I do it that way nor when using the "reset Settings Dataabase" button in the Service tab.

The effects work great in both F/A-18 and F-14, but I do need to cycle the launch bar up/down in the default DCS F/A-18 carrier takeoff mission to get the Cat effect (launch bar entering cockpit defaults to down and lined on the cat).

Thx for the feedback. I'll have a look, maybe a bug :-)

Update: Yep, it's a bug :D. I'll fix it and release a new version...

Thx for the feedback. I'll have a look, maybe a bug :-)

Update: Yep, it's a bug :D. I'll fix it and release a new version...

Well, yes that did fix it, but...:music_whistling:

So testing from aircraft ready to go missions with just the launch bar effect enabled (haven't cold started mission test yet), In the F/A-18 I won't get a launch bar effect on the first extend, similar to as I said yesterday when I wasn't getting a launch effect, I have to cycle the launch bar. So after the first extend I will get an effect on retract then an effect will happen on extend.

F-14 is similar but a little different, probably since the launch bar/switch operates differently. There are times I have to completely kneel it the bring the nose back up to feel the launch bar effects, other times I don't. Also sometimes I will feel the launch bar effect as soon I hit FLY when I'm in the cockpit, but even then I won't always get the effect on the first kneel. It seems like most of the time I have to extend before the launch bar effect effects on kneel will be will enabled, but there are times the F-14 launch bar effects works right away on the first kneel. Something with DCS and SSA detecting the switch state for both planes?

Edited by Snake122

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

Well, yes that did fix it, but...:music_whistling:

So testing from aircraft ready to go missions with just the launch bar effect enabled (haven't cold started mission test yet), In the F/A-18 I won't get a launch bar effect on the first extend, similar to as I said yesterday when I wasn't getting a launch effect, I have to cycle the launch bar. So after the first extend I will get an effect on retract then an effect will happen on extend.

F-14 is similar but a little different, probably since the launch bar/switch operates differently. There are times I have to completely kneel it the bring the nose back up to feel the launch bar effects, other times I don't. Also sometimes I will feel the launch bar effect as soon I hit FLY when I'm in the cockpit, but even then I won't always get the effect on the first kneel. It seems like most of the time I have to extend before the launch bar effect effects on kneel will be will enabled, but there are times the F-14 launch bar effects works right away on the first kneel. Something with DCS and SSA detecting the switch state for both planes?

:doh::megalol:... I try to spent more time over the weekend :music_whistling:

Just ordered the Jetseat from Andre. Really quite excited to breathe another layer of realism into the sim. I already have a decent HOTAS, and VR. This will be the icing on the cake.

Edit: Andre is very quick. Sent me confirmation emails etc, and also my license code for SimShaker. Happy days :)

Edited by bilbosmeggins

Hi,

just got a realtus forcefeel and tested SSA with DCS. Feels great! Adds another level to VR flying.

I couldn't find a way to enable full support for all 8 motors of the forcefeel, did i miss anything? I can't use the Forcefeel Control Center app when SSA is running, it has this little checkbox (6 to 8 conversion).

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

I really want to get a Jetseat but no shipping to USA at the moment :-(

I've just got the shipping to the USA (and to France) enabled back. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by =Andre=

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Olaf,

I forgot to mention the new beta did fix the launch bar effects unless you click the switch within a few seconds of entering the cockpit. If you wait a more realistic amount it seems to work fine.

Also for those of you interested in the 3rd Space Vest mentioned in this thread a couple times, see the link in my signature. I think SSA/Sound Module/JetSeat are what you should go for first because they provide more overall feedback, but the vest does provide G info in a different way.

I've just got the shipping to the USA (and to France) enabled back. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
That's great to hear!

Hello all,

So far since the latest patches I am having some issues with Simshaker. It seems certain effects (If not all effects stop working) and SSA needs restart when switching missions.

So I go into the F-14b I put hook down and get a response but nothing for flaps or wing movement. Once I get it working by software restarts, I switch a mission and hey, no flap movement but the hook rumble is there again. I verified on voicemeter banana that no sound is being played.

All test samples play fine, yet it seems as if specific sounds are not being qued by the sim. This is strange as Simshaker is literally the most stable module associated with DCS for me. I have not noticed any warnings or strange logs. I have also reset simshaker in the options and entirely deleted any luas. Also DCS repair

I'm off to do a little work so if I do not respond right away know I will be back lol.

Thanks

Fang

Hello all,

So far since the latest patches I am having some issues with Simshaker. It seems certain effects (If not all effects stop working) and SSA needs restart when switching missions.

So I go into the F-14b I put hook down and get a response but nothing for flaps or wing movement. Once I get it working by software restarts, I switch a mission and hey, no flap movement but the hook rumble is there again. I verified on voicemeter banana that no sound is being played.

All test samples play fine, yet it seems as if specific sounds are not being qued by the sim. This is strange as Simshaker is literally the most stable module associated with DCS for me. I have not noticed any warnings or strange logs. I have also reset simshaker in the options and entirely deleted any luas. Also DCS repair

I'm off to do a little work so if I do not respond right away know I will be back lol.

Thanks

Fang

Thx for the feedback. I'll have a look...

I am interested in getting a base shaker system and the SimShaker software. I recently started another thread on "Bass Shaker & Power Amp Equipment", to which Snake122 offered several helpful comments.

Thought I would ask one of the questions here as well. I think I will be buying the "Aurasound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker" which has a 20 to 80 Hz frequency range. Is that all we need to get the full experience from the SimShaker software, i.e., is there any need to go below 20 Hz, or above 80 Hz?

I am interested in getting a base shaker system and the SimShaker software. I recently started another thread on "Bass Shaker & Power Amp Equipment", to which Snake122 offered several helpful comments.

Thought I would ask one of the questions here as well. I think I will be buying the "Aurasound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker" which has a 20 to 80 Hz frequency range. Is that all we need to get the full experience from the SimShaker software, i.e., is there any need to go below 20 Hz, or above 80 Hz?

Maybe you should ask this question in the soundmodule plugin thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144060

F410, is there a dcs export to provide a motor response in the jetseat when landing a helicopter? At least I don’t get that feeling when I land in the gazelle which I mainly fly. Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

F410, is there a dcs export to provide a motor response in the jetseat when landing a helicopter? At least I don’t get that feeling when I land in the gazelle which I mainly fly. Cheers

Yeah, the helos are a bit tricky to get them right. For plane I use the suspension of the gear to detect landing. For skids I try to use the flex. We need to go this way since DCS does not report a 0 AGL when landed on a building. Maybe I need to revisit the Gazelle...

Am I correct in assuming that the FB group is still the best way to get access to the betas? I've gotten comfortable with stable and would love to try some of the newer features. Requested membership on FB.

The link can also be found here in this thread... I personally did not open FB for months...

Hello... Is normal that I can't feel the afterburner in the F18 (or it is very very subtle) even at 100 level? I'm using one butkicker and the sound module, and I imagined a good kick in the ass when activating it ;-). I can feel all the others effects very pronounced even at 50.

hey guys, after 3.5 months of waiting Jetseat from Andre finally arrived in Australia, all the way from Russia. Unfortunately I can not get the Simshaker for Aviators software to work. I downloaded the installer, ran it, which then gave me the Simshaker for Aviators shortcut on the desktop. Double click to run, and get the Launching Application - Verifying Application Requirements window, with the picture of the computers joined... then nothing. It disappears, and there's nothing in my taskbar to indicate it's running. Is there a service I may have disabled that this app relies upon?

Note the following:

1.) Running Windows 10 v 1909 64-bit

2.) Jetseat has been successfully detected by Windows

3.) Jetseat is turned on.

to run correctly?

Edited by GunSlingerAUS

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

hey guys, after 3.5 months of waiting Jetseat from Andre finally arrived in Australia, all the way from Russia. Unfortunately I can not get the Simshaker for Aviators software to work. I downloaded the installer, ran it, which then gave me the Simshaker for Aviators shortcut on the desktop. Double click to run, and get the Launching Application - Verifying Application Requirements window, with the picture of the computers joined... then nothing. It disappears, and there's nothing in my taskbar to indicate it's running. Is there a service I may have disabled that this app relies upon?

Note the following:

1.) Running Windows 10 v 1909 64-bit

2.) Jetseat has been successfully detected by Windows

3.) Jetseat is turned on.

to run correctly?

Strange, what anti virus software do you use? Any other error message?